What is the deal with people and 31s

So you are actually against confirmed IVs?  You must be the only person in the game who is against that lmao.

Besides what does that have to do with this topic?

confirmed ivs is the reason ppl cant sell 30 iv pokes lfmao,,,,

if it was uncomfirmed o0

made so much money back then selln 20-31's

back when game actually had smthn to do beside grind money n buy 31s

also ya change breeding to passdown direct 31's rip any other iv. worthless when ya can pay 15k for that 31 ya need

they catered to maken game easy for the comp players, when instead ya still need balance. people play this game not jsut to get 3x31 poke n duel..

Edited by anewhope

confirmed ivs is the reason ppl cant sell 30 iv pokes lfmao,,,,

if it was uncomfirmed o0

made so much money back then selln 20-31's

back when game actually had smthn to do beside grind money n buy 31s

also ya change breeding to passdown direct 31's rip any other iv. worthless when ya can pay 15k for that 31 ya need

they catered to maken game easy for the comp players, when instead ya still need balance. people play this game not jsut to get 3x31 poke n duel..

Confirmed IVs is NOT the reason people cant sell 30 IVs wtf are you talking about.

Maybe it was sold for newbies who actually had no clue how IVs confirmation works, but most people would ask the person selling to confirm the IVs.

The reason people cant sell 30 IVs is because the new breeding system, not confirmed IVs.

Confirmed IVs is NOT the reason people cant sell 30 IVs wtf are you talking about.

Maybe it was sold for newbies who actually had no clue how IVs confirmation works, but most people would ask the person selling to confirm the IVs.

The reason people cant sell 30 IVs is because the new breeding system, not confirmed IVs.

only when they had the extra cash to spend on getn confirmed 31's exaccctly... now ya 31 or go home..

im sure still some ppl who buy pokes with ivs not 31...

ur not getting it.  no one wants to buy a poke not 31 n spend extra time with breeding or take humiliation of it not being a 31 comp.

in combination of multiple mechanics, i agree with you somewhat , ya pushed the market to buyers market where ya can spend 50k ona 2-3x31 basically comp poke.. combine with ur natured ditto ya got for 5-10k maybe even couple more breeds max 100k, ur still payin like 300-500k fora decently usefull comp.

i just prefer it visa versa, a sellers market where ya cant just build comps from scrap easly an cut thru time spent by traders trainers breeders,

personally stopped farming dittos nd breeding, jsut started famin cash n buying comps so much easier n cheaper

and btw with uncomfirmed ivs it is easier to sell 20 iv pokes cuz ppl not only gamble! +3/-8 made it to where ya never knew for sure!!!! also making time spent actually worth smthn.

and im sure im one of the minorities. but im also more about farming selling vs comping..

Edited by anewhope

Why has the market gravitated so much towards pokemon with 31 IVs. Comps are judged by how many 31s they have and not how overall good it is as a comp. I had one guy tell me that hidden power doesnt change the value of a pokemon and that it was worthless bc it only had 1 31 (speed). People think that a wall that has low hp (and speed) but 3 31s in other places is as good if not better than a wall that has all 25s and 31 speed. How did the market get so bad and what can be done to fix it?

I can't see this as good or bad, to be honest. If you really think about it, 31 IVs have become very paradoxical. You want the good ol ' days when it wasn't a thing, and I can only imagine how great it was for you veterans back then when PokeMMO was still fresh in, but new players only know what we see now. Take that away, and we'll probably add a reason for newcomers to leave. No one can bear the blame, because some of us wanted those 31 IVs. Even I did. I won't say that I'm crazy about it, but I do have fun having that as a goal. Not so much for comp, but rather for my own personal satisfaction as sort of a sense of "collection" ,  ( Gotta Catch'em all ? )

I can really agree with your statement in some ways though. But I personally believe that , you can't fix it. It's all up to the community itself. We can all say what we want, but this end-result is a mirror of our gaming habits. If the community wants this 31 IV trend to fade away, then it will naturally. If it doesn't , then I think there isn't much left to say about it. We have adults playing, but we have kids playing as well. Its impossible to flip the table right enough to totally appease both age groups, imho.

Just an opinion 

It wasn't that great if we're talking about IVs. Confirmed IVs and GTL are best things we get since beginning.

highly disagree while i can see how it was infact annoying or time wasting, thats what preserved unique and rare pokes,+ added time consumption into value

now its all based on 31 ivs as tools. tools to make u build more 31 iv

highly disagree while i can see how it was infact annoying or time wasting, thats what preserved unique and rare pokes,+ added time consumption into value

ok, we got it: you used to scam noobs with 30-31's and you're upset you can't do that anymore.

You'll eventually find another way to make cash, don't worry.

ok, we got it: you used to scam noobs with 30-31's and you're upset you can't do that anymore.

You'll eventually find another way to make cash, don't worry.

lmfao it has nothing to do with cassh. pickup is op cash maker n i will never complain,

it has to do with end game mechanics,, and how pokemon are only bought for the 31's egg group :)

vs's buyn a fukn pickachu

dont need to scam ppl with 30s to drop 150k ona sig just for fun try it some time.

Edited by anewhope

This is not true, 31s were still sought after b4 narrowed IVs. Even before the new breeding system of refinement became a thing ppl were looking for all 31 breeders. What started the 31 craze was when the devs took the rng away from breeding. First we had bikemmo which was just short of 100% rng, no one would even dream of all 31s baack then. 20+ was godly (31 speed). Then we had flagmmo which took away almost half of the impact RNG had on breeding. Standards for comps started to rise under this system because people were able to better control their breeds. Eventuall with about a year of flagmmo (with some adjustments to the ranges) we got to a point where enough people got lucky to where we could clone perfect or near perfect comps/breeders. That was really the birth of the 31 craze, all before narrowed IVs were even a sparkle in Desues eye. Then when the rng all but left breeding, and there was no incentive added to breed lesser mons, 31 comp became standard. And here we are.

Also LG gunthug to tell me how selling refined comps is going.

This is not true, 31s were still sought after b4 narrowed IVs. Even before the new breeding system of refinement became a thing ppl were looking for all 31 breeders. What started the 31 craze was when the devs took the rng away from breeding. First we had bikemmo which was just short of 100% rng, no one would even dream of all 31s baack then. 20+ was godly (31 speed). Then we had flagmmo which took away almost half of the impact RNG had on breeding. Standards for comps started to rise under this system because people were able to better control their breeds. Eventuall with about a year of flagmmo (with some adjustments to the ranges) we got to a point where enough people got lucky to where we could clone perfect or near perfect comps/breeders. That was really the birth of the 31 craze, all before narrowed IVs were even a sparkle in Desues eye. Then when the rng all but left breeding, and there was no incentive added to breed lesser mons, 31 comp became standard. And here we are.

well said

its a matter of people wanting perf pokes and quickly. vs spending 600 hours to get afew godlies

breeding mechanic favor comp players vs farmers or rp's

It's going very well - comp building is a legitimate profession in this game, with an enormous potential for profit. I've made more in one week of scrapping together comps off GTL and reselling for profit than I had made in the last 6 months with island runs/paydaying

do you ever use any of your own breeders? Or is it all material bought on the GTL?

Also what is ur average profit margin?

The only time I've used my own breeders were on comps that I intend to keep, not sell. As for average profit margin, I recently built a tentacool for 50k in total materials (everstone, bracer, and 2 breeders) which I sold within 24 hours for 275,000. Tentas are one of the cheaper breeders out there so often times I've spent closer to 100k on the scraps/materials, but I always aim for at least 100k profit or it's not really worth my time.

In addition to this, I also routinely buy stuff for ~10k and flip for 50k. Profits from small projects like that add up over time

The only time I've used my own breeders were on comps that I intend to keep, not sell. As for average profit margin, I recently built a tentacool for 50k in total materials (everstone, bracer, and 2 breeders) which I sold within 24 hours for 275,000. Tentas are one of the cheaper breeders out there so often times I've spent closer to 100k on the scraps/materials, but I always aim for at least 100k profit or it's not really worth my time.

In addition to this, I also routinely buy stuff for ~10k and flip for 50k. Profits from small projects like that add up over time

Wow impressive, i tried a chansey and idt i made that much profit off from it. I have a porygon in my box, spent a lot of money getting bred and buying the breeders figuring that it would be worth a bit bc its genderless. If i sell it at the cheapest price that a similar one is listed for atm i will only have made around 50k profit. Sigh. I try and find cheap breeders that would work together but i never seem to come across them. It would also help if i knew more than one tier.

Edited by codylramey

Wow impressive, i tried a chansey and idt i made that much profit off from it. I have a porygon in my box, spent a lot of money getting bred and buying the breeders figuring that it would be worth a bit bc its genderless. If i sell it at the cheapest price that a similar one is listed for atm i will only have made around 50k profit. Sigh. I try and find cheap breeders that would work together but i never seem to come across them. It would also help if i knew more than one tier.

It definitely does require some knowledge of the tiers if you wanna maximize your potential - i always keep an eye out for male breeders for pokemon that are trending in the respective metagames right now. I also have a golden rule to never spend more than 25k on a GTL purchase (unless it's mind-bogglingly good) or spend more than 100k on a breeding project unless its for myself. So far I've built about 7 comps for under 100k, and I've sold two of them for more than 100% profit - with the rest listed or waiting to sell

Another general problem with this though is the lack of money in circulation amongst comp players. Once my clientele becomes richer, I should start making even more money

e: there's also definitely peak hours for the GTL. I haven't quite charted this out yet, but around 10:00 am EST-11:00 am EST i've see a huge uptick of good listings

Edited by Gunthug

It definitely does require some knowledge of the tiers if you wanna maximize your potential - i always keep an eye out for male breeders for pokemon that are trending in the respective metagames right now. I also have a golden rule to never spend more than 25k on a GTL purchase (unless it's mind-bogglingly good) or spend more than 100k on a breeding project unless its for myself. So far I've built about 7 comps for under 100k, and I've sold two of them for more than 100% profit - with the rest listed or waiting to sell

Another general problem with this though is the lack of money in circulation amongst comp players. Once my clientele becomes richer, I should start making even more money

e: there's also definitely peak hours for the GTL. I haven't quite charted this out yet, but around 10:00 am EST-11:00 am EST i've see a huge uptick of good listings

How comp are your breeding projects? I mean in terms of ivs? I mean I probably spent around 300k for a 4x31 iv pokemon. (mostly using dittos) or do you use pokemon other than dittos in your projects?

How comp are your breeding projects? I mean in terms of ivs? I mean I probably spent around 300k for a 4x31 iv pokemon. (mostly using dittos) or do you use pokemon other than dittos in your projects?

theyre definitely not 3x or 4x31s, by any means. I shoot for 25+ in the relevant attack stat, and 20+ in bulk (with 31 speed for non-walls). This gives me a lot more flexibility in terms of what breeders to use - I'll often find myself using a $2k breeder to start things off, and after 1 breed I can usually get it to 4 or 5x20+.

What this means is, noobs who only want 31s will likely never buy my products. Luckily, that's not my intended market, and plenty of savvy comp players will gladly snap up a 150k-250k comp with 25+ attack and decent bulk

theyre definitely not 3x or 4x31s, by any means. I shoot for 25+ in the relevant attack stat, and 20+ in bulk (with 31 speed for non-walls). This gives me a lot more flexibility in terms of what breeders to use - I'll often find myself using a $2k breeder to start things off, and after 1 breed I can usually get it to 4 or 5x20+.

What this means is, noobs who only want 31s will likely never buy my products. Luckily, that's not my intended market, and plenty of savvy comp players will gladly snap up a 150k-250k comp with 25+ attack and decent bulk

I generally like 28 in the relevant atk stat and 25 in hp, while having as much speed as possible (assuming a sweeper) I myself don't ever intend on making anymore 31s lol (to much of a pain to do so) I usually just do catchmmo so ;P

I generally like 28 in the relevant atk stat and 25 in hp, while having as much speed as possible (assuming a sweeper) I myself don't ever intend on making anymore 31s lol (to much of a pain to do so) I usually just do catchmmo so ;P

252 SpA Starmie Surf vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Ursaring: 85-102 (51.2 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Starmie Surf vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Ursaring: 84-100 (50.6 - 60.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Just a routine example of the difference between 28 and 25 attack

252 SpA Starmie Surf vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Ursaring: 85-102 (51.2 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Starmie Surf vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Ursaring: 84-100 (50.6 - 60.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Just a routine example of the difference between 28 and 25 attack

Even though, I admit the difference is low, that´s a bad example. If ursaring has leftovers, the 28 sp atk has a more chance of 2hko. Also, 4hp ursaring is bad.

Anyway, back to the topic. I was offering a 3x31 1x30 and 1x27 ( no atk) timid hidden power jolteon + some cash for a 5x31 bold blastoise, and the guy said his blastoise was much more worth cause my jolteon was a 3x31. Sadly, ppl only see 31s or nothing nowadays.