Winter Showdown Qualifier #2 (Friday 15th January)

Rulana

The PokeMMO Winter Showdown

K2Gf97V.png?2

Qualifier Two

Details:

32 Players
6v6 OU Tournament
Single Battle
Tournament Mode

Link to Main Event Thread: 

https://forums.pokem...day-11th-march/

Date + Time:
Date: Friday 15th January 

Time: 5pm EDT | 10pm GMT 

Registration will open 10 minutes prior to the tournament. To register post an IGN in this thread. You may only register one person per user. Edited posts will NOT be accepted as a valid registration. 

Tournament Bracket: 

http://pokemmostaff....wintershowdown2

Silph Co Channel 7

Clauses:

Sleep/OHKO/Pristine/Species/Hax Item/Evasion/Bag Item/Self KO
List of Clauses and what they mean

Banned moves : 

Baton Pass

List of banned Pokemon:

(Ban list is subject to change pending the tier council's decision)

Blissey

Dragonite

Dugtrio

Gengar

Salamence

Tyranitar

Wobbuffet

1st Place Prize:

Bag_Snow_Mail_Sprite.pngWinter Showdown Final InvitationBag_Snow_Mail_Sprite.png

Plus

Winner's choice of

1,000,000 PokeYen or 1000 Reward Points

2nd Place Prize:

Bag_Snow_Mail_Sprite.pngWinter Showdown Final InvitationBag_Snow_Mail_Sprite.png

Plus

Runner Up's choice of

500,000 Pokeyen or 500 Reward Points

Personalised signatures will also be provided to first and second place.

Laura_Winter_Showdown_Invite_Outline.gif

urcute.gif

tumblr_static_ashm6dd3fn4s48o0s8c0s4ssg.Notes:

• If you fail to reconnect after a DC then it will result in a disqualification.
  • Do not block the Staff running the Event. If you disregard requests for you to unblock staff members then you will be disqualified.
  • Once your match is called you will have 10 minutes to report to the table. No time extensions will be given.

tumblr_static_ashm6dd3fn4s48o0s8c0s4ssg.Host: RipHenk and Noad

I don't think it's fair if someone already won an invitation to play again. like wtf, what if they win again?!?

The thought is by the time the last couple qualifiers come around, the talent pool will be significantly thinned if invite holders can't participate. If you win a qualifier with the best 10 players not allowed to play, did you really deserve that invite?

I think the system sort of corrects itself though, since there's not a ton of incentive for invite holders to compete in every qualifier given the small prizes

The thought is by the time the last couple qualifiers come around, the talent pool will be significantly thinned if invite holders can't participate. If you win a qualifier with the best 10 players not allowed to play, did you really deserve that invite?

I think the system sort of corrects itself though, since there's not a ton of incentive for invite holders to compete in every qualifier given the small prizes

yea I guess your right. But what if they win again? Do they get a second invite? or do third place and second both get invites and 4th gets a reserve ticket?

My issue with invite holders being allowed to play again is that my chances of not playing in the tournament stays the same. Yesterday Bowser, Joey and myself didn't even make it into the first 32. The registration system cancels out the opportunity for good / invite-deserving players to get into the tournament. 

If you're not going to change the invite holder rule, then bring back the old system where you guarantee the first 10 reserves of the previous tournament a place in the next one. 

Edited by NikhilR

My issue with invite holders being allowed to play again is that my chances of not playing in the tournament stays the same. Yesterday Bowser, Joey and myself didn't even make it into the first 32. The registration system cancels out the opportunity for good / invite-deserving players to get into the tournament. 

If you're not going to change the invite holder rule, then bring back the old system where you guarantee the first 10 reserves of the previous tournament a place in the next one. 

100% agree with the last part there, I thought that was a good system

Due to the popularity of the last tournament series we will not be allowing players who already have an invite to participate in the subsequent qualifiers. This does not include RESERVE invite holders.

Thank you, I honestly believe this is a beneficial change for the betterment of the series finale. Good luck to future players. 

what was the interrest to stack the invites? :)