WHAT about… 4th gen

ReDellaStrada47

Question

I’m sure other people did this, but I’ve got problems with the search in this forum XD

Will we ever have moves, item and abilities from fourth generation? I’m not asking when but if 1(if it is planned, if it is not, if it will sure not be...).

I don’t want 4th gen’s region or story. I don’t want pokemons. I just want moves and battle items, and maybe abilities.

Battling would be better :) A LOT MORE various.

And the Item Clause: "All pokemon on a team must hold different items (or no item at all)." will have sense.

1 Help a non native speaker. Is it correct "if" or it would be better "whether"?

You're right, but meanwhile I ask and we see what players think about it.

As I said: I'm asking IF not WHEN.

you are kinda late on the subject...when they released hoenn they were thinking about it..even running tests and shit but then the topic died out seeing as there were much higher priorities. i personally would like to see gen 4 items and abilities, moves are meh to me

how about addaing jhoto before sinnoh? as much as i love gen4 and its mechanics and story, i want jhoto as primary. And it took the devs from 2012 to 2015 to finish Hoenn, so get a cup of coffe, this is gonna be a long ride

I want Pokemon and region of 3rd gen first too.

Actually, I don't even want Sinnoh, its story or its Pokemon XD I just want a better competitive. "Gen 4 brought a lot of offensive items which would allow to break the omnipresent stall teams in this game." as someone said before; stall that makes al lot of battles long and a bit boring, expecially in single! In fact I love double, it's a lot way better.

I want Pokemon and region of 3rd gen first too.

Actually, I don't even want Sinnoh, its story or its Pokemon XD I just want a better competitive. "Gen 4 brought a lot of offensive items which would allow to break the omnipresent stall teams in this game." as someone said before; stall that makes al lot of battles long and a bit boring, expecially in single! In fact I love double, it's a lot way better.

Why add the pokemon and not the region?

I know we did this with Jhoto , but thats because they are wild on both Fire red and Emerald

then i would say you are a moron. That makes no sense,

Honestly, I'd say asking for the items and moves isn't such an unreasonable request. Gen 3 was the first generation that actually realized competitive battles as a serious part of the game. As with any new feature or mechanic in any game, it was very basic and had many flaws. Gen 4 did a lot to fix this. Making special hitters more viable, adding the Choice Scarf and Specs for more versatility, and adding Pokemon specifically designed to counter the most dangerous threats of gen 1-3 Pokemon. IF Gen 4 Pokemon are ever added, it won't be until after the Sinnoh region is implemented. As with Johto, the devs would have to completely remake the entire region on the same engine that FireRed and Emerald use.

Also, Hoenn didn't take three years to create. The devs actually stated that the entire project of adding Hoenn only took about a month. They were working on finishing and stabilizing Kanto first, as it's the base of the entire game. However, Johto would take significantly longer as it must be remade by hand.

Tl;dr 
Asking for Gen 4 moves and items seems reasonable, but I highly doubt we're going to see the Gen 4 region or Pokemon any time within the next few years.

What's no sense? That everyone here have to use 4 Leftovers, 1 cherry and 1 Choice Band?!?

What's no sense? Choice Scarf? Choice Specs? Big Root? Black Sludge? Expert Belt? Life Orb? (coff coff...  Item Clause coff coff)

Who's a moron? Someone who plays here for comp and it's tired of wall and tank with Leftovers? ((coff coff...  Item Clause coff coff... again)

Onestly, I don't get your point of view. But I don't want to flame here, I just hope that some people here write: "Yeah, it's a good idea" and someone from the staff says: "We want it to, give us just time" or at least "We'll think about it".

I think we can have something good here, may be unic: 3rd gen with something better, like phisical-special split, and 4th gen items. It would be really good... I think.

I mean... I'm watching the OU tournament right now... 45 minutes and it's still a 3v3... We need to limit Leftovers. This is more boring than fun :(

Edited by ReDellaStrada47

Uhm, we have basically all of the Johto pokemon not counting starters and legendaries....

Which is what, 10-15 pokemon?

I think that the most important fact about this is: we don't need Milotic and Meganium (2 Others walls!) with this battle mechanic.

What I say is: "Houston, we have a problem... and may be the solution is right there".

I think that the most important fact about this is: we don't need Milotic and Meganium (2 Others walls!) with this battle mechanic.

What I say is: "Houston, we have a problem... and may be the solution is right there".

It doesn't matter which pokemon it is. You automatically remove half of the number of pokes I mentioned above just because they're legendaries and they are just unusuable (for now, hopefully). And the other half are just 3 pokemon all along with it's 3 evolutions. And yes, milotic, and maybe one other poke, just so I don't sound too sure.

how about addaing jhoto before sinnoh? as much as i love gen4 and its mechanics and story, i want jhoto as primary. And it took the devs from 2012 to 2015 to finish Hoenn, so get a cup of coffe, this is gonna be a long ride

Johto would be just some more gameplay, since we already have pretty much every pokemon from all the first 3 gens, except the johto starters

Johto would be just some more gameplay, since we already have pretty much every pokemon from all the first 3 gens, except the johto starters

Yes. I think we need more new battling system that "new" region (what's new about a game we've already finished and we can play on emulatrs and ds?).

I would say that fixing competitive is a priority... but I want to listen to staff and thier point of view.

Reason why I think we will never see Johto, Sinnoh, etc, is because, Devs won't use hacked roms, which means they have to be original.
But then, we all know the graphics on Soul silver/ Heart gold are kinda 3d, ( released on the Nintendo DS ), keeping the same graphics on kanto - hoenn and having a 3d region would be weird. If they decide to " create it " johto on their own, that would put them at risk since they would be making a download of the client including a rom, which is not their purpose. But of course there are solutions to that, hopefully it can happen.

I think that here is more important the PvP than the PvE... I mean it's PokeMMO. So I think that is more important to fix the "slow play" (item) problem, wich is a big one in single battle (a lot less in double, but here we do more single than double... so...) than add new story/region, that you can just do elsewhere.

But I'd like to see staff's opinion XD

If they decide to " create it " johto on their own, that would put them at risk since they would be making a download of the client including a rom, which is not their purpose.

They could release an ips patch for Fire Red or Emerald, which could remake Johto without the need to distribute a rom

I dont understand why people want 4th gen already when hoenn isnt even completed. And ill be honest guys. were prob not getting another region. And im cool with that, just as long as we get a lot of dungeons and more secret base features.