Player Owned Real Estate

Xatu

Question

Yoooo its Xatu here with another craaazzzy idea lol. 

So this idea would be like secret bases but they would be located in Kanto and in the actuall city areas.  We all know there are tons of useless NPC houses.  They sort of just sit there and occasionally they have some guy who gives 1 item etc.

What I am suggesting is that we move those npcs to somewhere else, maybe switching their scripts with other useless outside npcs.  Thus leaving their homes empty.  Now that the homes are freed up we can sell them.

The mods/devs would hold official auction events in each city where they would be selling real estate.  Only 1 person can own each house and this helps contributes to there insanely high value.  We could expect them to be worth 10m+.  Here's how the housing system would work.

There would be a new key item called "Key - Vermillion City House 2" or whatever other house it is.  This is essentially what we would be bidding on.  The key simply allows us to edit the permission of who is allowed to come into the house some examples would be.

-->Open house to friends

-->Open house to teammates

-->Open House to user (type here)

-->Open house to all users not on blocked list

Using the third option brings up my next point.  Renting.

Since the value for these rad bases is so high most users might just rent it for an event or a month etc.  The pricing is determined by the owner.  Oh and of course we could edit the house completely as if it were a secret base.

Yeah so thats about it guys i hope you like this idea and i put quite a bit of thought into it.  I've noticed not many people use the secret base feature so this would be like an extremely expensive version of that.  Anyway thanks for reading!

4 answers to this question

Yeah so thats about it guys i hope you like this idea and i put quite a bit of thought into it.  I've noticed not many people use the secret base feature so this would be like an extremely expensive version of that.  Anyway thanks for reading!

It would only works if "having"  a house would give you anything. Like exp boost while near or something. Other way, this would be too much more expensive version of hidden base, as you stated.

I don't say I don't like this idea. Personally I would totally prefer a new "island" with team houses. That would be totally great. Just my opinion, though. 

It would only works if "having"  a house would give you anything. Like exp boost while near or something. Other way, this would be too much more expensive version of hidden base, as you stated.

I don't say I don't like this idea. Personally I would totally prefer a new "island" with team houses. That would be totally great. Just my opinion, though. 

It doesnt really need to give you anything other than bragging rights and the fact you have your team base in a popular spot such as vermillion ciy for example.  It also opens up a whole new market for people to buy and sell houses.  If we had it on an island in a random part of the map then that would take away from the allure of it being centrally located. 

I think so everyone could have a kanto based base then it would be cool to have some newly mapped player housing in other areas so its not all so expensive.  Although the point is that there is always only 1 actual owner.