A way to skip the baby pokemon phase

Matoka

Question

Marill and Wobbufet require an Incense in order to breed their pokemon, this is the case to explain why it wasn't possible in gen 2 when breeding was implemented.

What I am referring to however is every other baby pokemon, trying to breed a competitive pokemon that is in a line that has a non-conditional baby form that itself cannot be used to breed causes quite painfully slow progress, The easiest way to raise their happiness is leveling them up which gradually gets slower as you go and you run out of high level trainers to fight very quickly. Daisy has a cooldown and EV berries are too expensive to purchase with the simple purpose of increasing happiness

What I suggest is either: A piece of dialogue from the daycare man who checks would you like them to hatch in their baby form or not, and you can pay in order to skip their baby form

Alternatively, you could enable the ability for baby pokemon to be used in breeding.

Pokemon this relates to are:

1. Pikachu Family
  2. Jigglypuff Family
  3. Clefairy family
  4. Togepi family

Edit: a third solution would be to increase these pokemon's base happiness levels to a higher level so less effort is required to evolve them.

I made this thread because I realized I wanted to make a Wigglytuff, since it has an interesting move set and a nice HP stat, however, I forgot that I will have to raise a total of... 8 igglybuffs in order to finish my Wigglytuff. And that kinda makes me want to rip my hair out. please, I do not see any downsides to this and it creates another money sink. I beg you, please.

Edited by Matoka

i don't think they'd do that after they went through all the effort implementing daisy's grooming services. Grind is like the second name for pokemmo

Daisy is good, However I suspect she is meant to be used for one off pokemon, hence the fact she has such a long cooldown. in comparison, I could theoretically need to raise 8 igglybuffs in 2-3 hours, which literally just isn't doable.

I can get behind this. As a pikachu breeder it truly is a struggle to have to increase happiness just to breed certain pichus. I personally think it would probably be easier to make the baby pokemon able to breed, but I don't think we'll be seeing that any time soon sadly. But as stated before, we gotta keep stacking up ways to grind in this game

When I was way newer at the game I evolved a togepi so that I could breed it for wish on an Eevee.

I then learned I can't breed gift pokemon, so I spent an hour raising happiness for no reason. And had to do it again.

Devs pls.

While they are annoying, I feel as if we just let people skip them, it would take away from the pokemon experience of having to put effort into your pokemon. I understand your feeling, but it's still something that should stay.

Why, putting effort into stuff is what I am doing with breeding, I am working hard to obtain the cash to buy braces and hatch the eggs and obtain the 1x31IV pokemon to use in the breeding, but if i have to spend literally an hour inbetween every step for a Low tier pokemon that isn't even good it is just frustrating.

Work is rewarding, this is taking it too far. Also I don't even neccesarily want rid of the whole thing, I just want it to be made a little more reasonable for what implications it has on me if i ever have to deal with the mechanic. I have raised 4 level 45 igglybuffs so far, and i have yet to even pass 2x31 jigglypuff, I am aiming for 4 or 5, its not fun and it is putting me off using any pokemon with baby forms :L

Why, putting effort into stuff is what I am doing with breeding, I am working hard to obtain the cash to buy braces and hatch the eggs and obtain the 1x31IV pokemon to use in the breeding, but if i have to spend literally an hour inbetween every step for a Low tier pokemon that isn't even good it is just frustrating.

Work is rewarding, this is taking it too far. Also I don't even neccesarily want rid of the whole thing, I just want it to be made a little more reasonable for what implications it has on me if i ever have to deal with the mechanic. I have raised 4 level 45 igglybuffs so far, and i have yet to even pass 2x31 jigglypuff, I am aiming for 4 or 5, its not fun and it is putting me off using any pokemon with baby forms :L

Tbh I don't know much about breeding, but I see where you come from. Maybe just make it easier to get those stats for those pokemon because of the work.

Tbh I don't know much about breeding, but I see where you come from. Maybe just make it easier to get those stats for those pokemon because of the work.

Making it easier to get those stats isn't possibly without undermining the whole breeding system, In my opinion a good solution is to either have us be able to pay a fee to hatch the egg as the non-baby form OR alternatively, make those baby pokemon have higher starting base happiness, they currently start at 27%~ but could instead start at about 50%~

they currently start at 27%~ but could instead start at about 50%~

call me craz but iirc cleffa starts at 57% ish

just breed one and i swear it wasnt as painful to evolve

edit: 54%, check the GTL

Edited by axx

call me craz but iirc cleffa starts at 57% ish

just breed one and i swear it wasnt as painful to evolve

edit: 54%, check the GTL

Sorry, forgot about cleffa, it has unnaturally high

Igglybuff starts at 27%, so i am tunnel visioning a bit.

It's clear that it's fine for the devs that some Pokemon are harder to reach than the others (i.e. genderless), so I doubt something this canon will be implemented or even should because of the non-canon nature of it. Putting these pokes to luxury balls and doing a VS/e4 run raises happiness surprisingly quickly, btw. Combine that with Daisy and it isn't really a major burden to do.

It's clear that it's fine for the devs that some Pokemon are harder to reach than the others (i.e. genderless), so I doubt something this canon will be implemented or even should because of the non-canon nature of it. Putting these pokes to luxury balls and doing a VS/e4 run raises happiness surprisingly quickly, btw. Combine that with Daisy and it isn't really a major burden to do.

At this point in the game's development, adding/removing a feature because "it's canon" is, quite frankly, ridiculous. We have a myriad of features not in the original versions of these roms.

At this point in the game's development, adding/removing a feature because "it's canon" is, quite frankly, ridiculous. We have a myriad of features not in the original versions of these roms.

We're still playing a Pokemon game even with the modified features we have. In the Pokemon games there are baby Pokemon to these aforementioned species. Your "black or white" logic doesn't really work here. Either everything (or most, which is what you're saying precisely) must be exactly like original or nothing needs to be. That's nonsensical.

If we really need to approach something then it's happiness being too hard to reach than for no reason making Pokemon skip their evolution lines. Edited by OrangeManiac

They even added this and nobody paid attention:

• Figy/Wiki/Mago/Iapapa/Pomeg now increase/decrease Happiness by +/-25 based on the nature of the target.

So Daisy + berries + shoote bell + level up + vitamins + more berries.

Seems that now there is a good bunch of happiness-raising mechanics available.

LF guide.

Edited by axx

We're still playing a Pokemon game even with the modified features we have. In the Pokemon games there are baby Pokemon to these aforementioned species. Your "black or white" logic doesn't really work here. Either everything (or most, which is what you're saying precisely) must be exactly like original or nothing needs to be. That's nonsensical.

If we really need to approach something then it's happiness being too hard to reach than for no reason making Pokemon skip their evolution lines.

I never said that we should or should not have a feature simply because it's canon. I said that as a reason is flimsy and holds about as much water as bucket with no bottom. I don't really care whether or not this feature is implemented. I just don't think "it's canon so we need it exactly the same" is a worthy reason for anything anymore. Just take a look at our breeding, tutoring, battling, even the gambling. None of these are exactly how they were in the original handheld games. If there is an argument against this or any other feature, it should be more than "it needs to be canon".

I never said that we should or should not have a feature simply because it's canon. I said that as a reason is flimsy and holds about as much water as bucket with no bottom. I don't really care whether or not this feature is implemented. I just don't think "it's canon so we need it exactly the same" is a worthy reason for anything anymore. Just take a look at our breeding, tutoring, battling, even the gambling. None of these are exactly how they were in the original handheld games. If there is an argument against this or any other feature, it should be more than "it needs to be canon".

"Let's have 6 moves per pokemon" 

They even added this and nobody paid attention:

So Daisy + berries + shoote bell + level up + vitamins + more berries.

Seems that now there is a good bunch of happiness-raising mechanics available.

LF guide.

Berries gave happiness before the update too, although it was probably more like 10-15 and it would only increase happiness, never decrease. 

I addressed already why I don't like the "black or white" attitude towards canon features but the reason why I felt obliged to answer to this is your last sentence. That is such a strawman and how can you not know it because you are quoting me entirely. I had four points. 1) It's non-canon. 2) It's not needed. 3) It is against the philosophy we have currently regarding how easy it is to get Pokemon (some pokes are harder if they are harder in original game) 4) It's a wrong approach to the actual issue.

Am I really even against this suggestion, not even. I wouldn't mind this being a thing. I just don't like every farm reducing factor if they aren't exactly beneficial and needed. I wouldn't have even responded to this post without the effort to strip down and misrepresenting my argument down to "it's canon". Edited by OrangeManiac

I don't support this suggestion.

The first thing that came to mind for me was: We should be extremely careful when handling the rate at which a single player can churn out comps. The faster the rate becomes, the less the player will look to the market to acquire comps.

Even as an optional feature, I don't like this suggestion. I feel like it would fundamentally turn breeding into truly "fusion", which just feels wrong... Also, it's not like this feature would actually save the player time... You would still be limited by pokeyen and the fee would almost certainly be more than you could make while island running for the amount of time that it takes to hatch an egg. Thus, it seems like a cannibalizing feature that doesn't actually add any real net value, and perhaps even causes a detriment to the atmosphere of the game.

Also, it's not like you don't do other things while waiting for an egg to hatch... You can money make, water your berries, ev train, hunt other pokemon, etc. So, in a way, making the eggs have a hatch time causes the player to experience more aspects of the game...

I don't support this suggestion.

The first thing that came to mind for me was: We should be extremely careful when handling the rate at which a single player can churn out comps. The faster the rate becomes, the less the player will look to the market to acquire comps.

Even as an optional feature, I don't like this suggestion. I feel like it would fundamentally turn breeding into truly "fusion", which just feels wrong... Also, it's not like this feature would actually save the player time... You would still be limited by pokeyen and the fee would almost certainly be more than you could make while island running for the amount of time that it takes to hatch an egg. Thus, it seems like a cannibalizing feature that doesn't actually add any real net value, and perhaps even causes a detriment to the atmosphere of the game.

Also, it's not like you don't do other things while waiting for an egg to hatch... You can money make, water your berries, ev train, hunt other pokemon, etc. So, in a way, making the eggs have a hatch time causes the player to experience more aspects of the game...

You are correct that we should not be able to mass produce comps instantly, but Pikachu, Raichu, Togetic, Wigglytuff and Clefable are usable, but not as competitively viable as some other pokemon but take longer to produce by an absurd amount because everytime you breed another IV onto it you must raise their happiness, evolve them then you can finally breed them again. as mentioned before this is easier for Cleffa due to having much higher than normal starting happiness, however for the others they start off at 27%.

Daisy can only be used infrequenty, i'm not even sure how long she takes to come off cooldown, on day it took 2 hours, the next it took over 12 hours. I would be happy if they just made the other baby pokemon the same base happiness as cleffa honestly. even that much would make this a lot nicer, and if this happened I doudt everyone would start mass producing Clefables, Wigglytuffs, Pika/Raichus and Togetics, so i dont see a downside.

Edit; It seems you misunderstood the suggestion. I never said I didn't want to have to wait for the eggs to hatch, my suggestion is a way to make the process of raising baby pokemon to their breedable next evolution, Igglybuff --> Jigglypuff, etc, and as I have learned and realized thanks to others, a better solution than paying to skip it is simply equalizing their base happiness to cleffas.

Edited by Matoka