Make the wait for Officials sign-ups shorter.

I got afk'd last week and I got kicked out of the queue ;-;

I did the same and it allowed me back in.

Did you take your time logging back in? I think you've got like 2 mins before your session ends.

...and yeh, if you afk dc maybe that's another problem.

Edited by KaynineXL

I did the same and it allowed me back in.

Did you take your time logging back in? I think you've got like 2 mins before your session ends.

...and yeh, if you afk dc maybe that's another problem.

Nah, I was eating lunch and waiting for the queue and got afkd right in front of my eyes. I came back on and lost my position. It was a sad lunch.

With 10 min, the 64 places probably dont get filled. But if they made 15 or around that, it would be much better. 

You must be kidding, right? You should see how fast they fill up. If they didn't fill up that fast we might as well go back to forum signups.

With 10 min, the 64 places probably dont get filled. But if they made 15 or around that, it would be much better. 

I don't see the logic in this argument... whatever the sign up is 30min or 10min before the tourney starts u will need to be online in the last 10 min before the event and can sign up there...

I wouldn't even be surprised if the tournament is full shortly after the signup phase started I mean it's not like only the forum users have access to tournaments anymore.

That said 10 minutes signup phase sounds more then enough.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Noad said:

I support this, every tournament I have hosted has filled up within about ten minutes. The wait time has caused a lot of players to get AFK kicked and that's a shame for them to lose their place in the queue in this way. I believe a shorter wait time would be well received!

more like 10 seconds

On 7-5-2016 at 0:19 AM, ShadowGary said:

Bump?

Like I get you want to keep the 30 min for a 128 man-tourney, but for 64 man just do 15 or 10 minutes, please.

Edited by ShadowGary
30 minutes ago, Noad said:

Or even perhaps have it so it starts when the spots are filled, possibly? 

That would definitely save the staff hosting the event some time too. And I'd assume staff who host an event at 2 AM etc would be glad not having to not try fall asleep during the 30 min wait.

1 minute ago, lamerb said:

I actually think the 30 mins wait is good. People that truly want to participate will wait and the ones afk are going to get kicked out. 

The problem with this is, those who do not have reliable internet could get kicked out of the queue and lose their position.

50 minutes ago, Noad said:

Or even perhaps have it so it starts when the spots are filled, possibly? 

I feel the problem is that people need to know exactly when the tournament starts in order to be ready. If someone is in front of the PC and the tournament starts suddenly, he will be kicked out which is unfair imo.

Edit: What happens if the spots don't get filled like in the last leaderboard tournament?

Edit2:

14 minutes ago, ShadowGary said:

The problem with this is, those who do not have reliable internet could get kicked out of the queue and lose their position.

You get kicked out permently if you are afk. You should not lose your spot if you relog within 2 minutes. If the person isn't able to reconnect within 2 minutes, he probably should not participate considering this could happen during the tournament.

Edited by lamerb