shed shell / life orb

What can Life Orb do? I'm a nub.

i think its 20% bonus damage on every attack at the cost of a like 1/16th of your max hp per attack. hp only goes down for attacking moves, not status moves.

i might be wrong on my numbers there though.

i think its 20% bonus damage on every attack at the cost of a like 1/16th of your max hp per attack. hp only goes down for attacking moves, not status moves.

i might be wrong on my numbers there though.

Bonus damage even if the move is Physical/Special?

it's at the cost of 10% of your hp. And it increases power by 30%. The later gen abilities, magic guard and sheer force, prevent the life loss. The life loss and power bonus also do not occur on moves like night shade and seismic toss.

Edited by Gilan

Skarmory and Forretress may start using Shed Hull now? But just like Chansey they also depend a lot on Leftovers, so I am not sure and yeah if the opponent doesn't have Magneton, it will be a waste.

yeah but on skarm / forre it would be more viable since many magnetons switch in on it and they don't need recovery to stall as much as chansey 

Chansey depends a lot on lefties, I don't think it will drop it for a trapinch. Also if the other team isn't carrying a trapinch, it's useless to use shed shell on chansey

People used to run hail which cancels lefties... I don't think giving up lefties is as big of a deal as you think it is

What I think is that shed shell is pretty useless without the Item Clause (All pokemon on a team must hold different items).

I don't agree with codylramey: there are not enough items (cherry for super effective moves, Expert Belt, Black Sludge, Life Orb, Metronome...) to be surprised, every X Pokemon will has Y item, because Y is the best. I've already said it, I'll not repeat it here XD https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/61085-what-about…-4th-gen/

Edited by ReDellaStrada47
  • Tyrone locked this topic