RPG Discussion

Right now I'm playing Digimon World Next 0rder. Have Hacker's waiting as soon as I finish N0.

Have also a bunch on stuff waiting to be played, like a lot of Legend of Heroes (Trails of the sky Serie and Trails of cold steel one), Ys and some Atelier titles

1 hour ago, londark said:

Right now I'm playing Digimon World Next 0rder. Have Hacker's waiting as soon as I finish N0.

Have also a bunch on stuff waiting to be played, like a lot of Legend of Heroes (Trails of the sky Serie and Trails of cold steel one), Ys and some Atelier titles

I started playing Digimon Cyber Sleuth a while ago... need to finish it somehow. I have so so so so many in waiting because I am at the point in life where I have money to buy them but not time to play them lmao. Also nearly done Bravely Default 2, I have an Atelier I started a long time ago also. 

Cybersleuth is pretty good, 100% finished the first one, and the medal quest was a massive mindless grind fest.. 

What I don't really like about it, just like Digimon World 3, is that every Digimon can potentially evolve in anything else, taking away all that could have been special in having Renamon instead of Veemon... I'll go with Hacker's Memory soon, but will most likely not 100% it

8 hours ago, londark said:

Cybersleuth is pretty good, 100% finished the first one, and the medal quest was a massive mindless grind fest.. 

What I don't really like about it, just like Digimon World 3, is that every Digimon can potentially evolve in anything else, taking away all that could have been special in having Renamon instead of Veemon... I'll go with Hacker's Memory soon, but will most likely not 100% it

Yeah I can’t see the major point of the medals rn because it doesn’t feel satisfying to collect them, but I think I don’t know enough about them yet. 

just waiting for digimon survive... someday. 

• 3 weeks later...

Done with Next 0rder story... Doing the DLC quests now and the last city recruits

Considering only the game play probably the best Digimon World title, Taking all the Good points of the previous 2 (DW 1 and Re Digitize) and improving them A LOT. 

Too bad the story is really really weak,such a shame 

Edited by londark

Done with Next 0rder...I love the Digimon World kind of games, with the life cycles, the caring stuff etc. This game improved all those aspects, making way less frustrating to progress in generations. The Dojo also was a massive help to get the evolution you wanted. Missing a little only the different training mini games from the previous game. 

It still has the big flaw of making all the digimon virtually identical, even Mega+ with Rookies...but whatever

Story was really weak tho, and i guess too short. 

Won't 100% this one cause the fild guide will be a massive pain to complete.

Now onto Hacker's Memory. Good thing is that you can import the save data from the first game to get goodies, and a some other stuff. Field guide is already pretty much complete, so i may try to 100% this one depending on the medals requirements

• 1 month later...

Done with Hacker's Memory. Have really mixed feelings about it.. The game play was the same as the first Cybersleuth, adding close to nothing new, and after little time I was getting quite bored of doing the same things I already did in the other game... Some new Digimons were cool, but still most of them were close to useless. Battle system had the same mistake of the first one, you either had a Def/Int penetrating attack or you would do no damage to any enemy. 

The story was quite tame for 70% of the game, but started running un really fast during the end, with a really beautiful and heartbreaking ending. If I hadn't played Cybersleuth i would have probably enjoyed this one more...

Now for a change of peace I'll start Ys Origins 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...