Compound Eyes?

JonesMX

Question

Normally in Gen 3 this is how Compound Eyes worked outside of battle:

Spoiler

In Pokémon Emerald and Generation IV, if a Pokémon with the Ability leads the party, even if it has fainted, the chance of finding a Pokémon in the wild holding an item increases by 50% of the original chance.

Of course this is OP in PokeMMO, this would affect a lot of items specially the Lucky Egg, but let's see how this was changed in Gen 5:

Spoiler

Since Generation V, if a Pokémon with the Ability leads the party, even if it has fainted, the chance of finding a Pokémon in the wild holding an item increases from 50%/5%/1% to 60%/20%/5%.

You know if they reduce the chance from 20% to 10% this would be less exploitable, and if you think is still too much, just make it useless in the safari or something.

Anyway.

Edited by JonesMX

4 answers to this question

I don't even know if compound eye's out-of-battle effect is implemented at all, seems like it would be a low priority feature to implement.

also, what are you suggesting with this? a nerf to compound eyes? or are you asking how compound eyes works in pokemmo? I can't tell.

46 minutes ago, Matoka said:

I don't even know if compound eye's out-of-battle effect is implemented at all, seems like it would be a low priority feature to implement.

also, what are you suggesting with this? a nerf to compound eyes? or are you asking how compound eyes works in pokemmo? I can't tell.

He's asking if it works, and suggesting what could be done if it isn't.

2 hours ago, Matoka said:

Yeah, it was never implemented, and probably Kyu won't do it with the gen 3 style, but there's my suggestion

Also:

Spoiler

Senpai finally noticed me!

1 hour ago, ShadowGary said:

He's asking if it works, and suggesting what could be done if it isn't.

Edited by JonesMX

Yeah, it was never implemented, and probably Kyu won't do it with the gen 3 style, but there's my suggestion

Personally I see less balance issues with the Generation III style than the Gen V one (Assuming the % was heavily reduced).

Obviously in either case the rate would require changing, however the Pickup Table is something we're able to actively balance as we can always decide what is in those lists - whereas the overall hold rate of every held item would have to be decided with Compound Eyes in mind.