[PSL 6] HYPE Thread

1 minute ago, Kurodashi said:

I also have nothing against Aimi but if she has to suck Moes uguu, then I am ready for trash and trashier

Meh, staying neutral looks best here. Moemoe isn't great at trash talk and I simply don't like you that much.

Spoiler

Not like this argument matters.

23 minutes ago, Kurodashi said:

I also have nothing against Aimi but if she has to suck Moes uguu, then I am ready for trash and trashier

So wait, I'm trash which I completely agree, but you're clearly trashier than me... where are we going with this? Bringing me down only brings yourself down. Do you have downs? 

13 minutes ago, Moetal said:

So wait, I'm trash which I completely agree, but you're clearly trashier than me... where are we going with this?

I think the last few posts clearly proved which one of us is trash, so this makes no sense. Also I called Aimi and you trash and trashier.

Bringing me down only brings yourself down

What makes you think that? If I have learned somthing from this then it is that you are going to bring yourself down, doesn't even need my assistance.

Do you have downs? 

Your insults are as good as you trashtalking. : )

5 minutes ago, Kurodashi said:

I think the last few posts clearly proved which one of us is trash, so this makes no sense. Also I called Aimi and you trash and trashier.

What makes you think that? If I have learned somthing from this then it is that you are going to bring yourself down, doesn't even need my assistance.

Your insults are as good as you trashtalking. : )

If I remember correctly, we're at 1-0 ain't we? I only know you amuse me. Cringe more, your anguish sustains me

I'm 2-0 and I don't see how that matters in this discussion or why you would benefit from bringing it up since even if I was 1-0 I would be undefeated but w/e it's almost 3 am I'll spare everyone from your cringe and go to bed. If you actually manage to come up with something clever I'll reply to it tomorrow. thx for the laughs anyways.

P.s. If I have to read another shitty cringe post from you, your getting blocked af.

3 hours ago, Kurodashi said:

Damn someone hid my posts, now I get how you guys feel. Moetal can say I have downs, but I can't call him a pleb?

Welcome back to sanity. 

Also lmao why are you still (trying) trashtalking moe. Didn't you embarass yourself enough already the past 7 weeks? You thought you were good because you beat btooom with a curse mon. Good for you m8. My dead nan could do that. Just stop, it's okay to accept you're bad. 

3 hours ago, Spaintakula said:

Its like you tried to be staff but that didnt work out and 5 minutes later after not being staff you taste their wrath

Why didn't it work out? I invested hours daily to make this game just a bit better, be it for just a few players and I know my work was appreciated, by other Staffmembers aswell as by players and I enoyed my time there. If you think that after I got promoted it didn't work out, then idk what to tell you. I only left staff, because I am to busy irl to have time to actively do the staffjob aswell. I don't know about their 'wrath', but the Staffmember who hid it mostlikely thought that I went in to aggresive or something and hid it, I don't agree with it, but hey that's up to the Staffmember, I just didn't like the fact that Moetal can ask me, 'Do you have downs?', but I can't say 'You are making yourself look like a pleb'. Not to mention my post is still quoted by Jovi.

45 minutes ago, Kurodashi said:

Why didn't it work out? I invested hours daily to make this game just a bit better, be it for just a few players and I know my work was appreciated, by other Staffmembers aswell as by players and I enoyed my time there. If you think that after I got promoted it didn't work out, then idk what to tell you. I only left staff, because I am to busy irl to have time to actively do the staffjob aswell. I don't know about their 'wrath', but the Staffmember who hid it mostlikely thought that I went in to aggresive or something and hid it, I don't agree with it, but hey that's up to the Staffmember, I just didn't like the fact that Moetal can ask me, 'Do you have downs?', but I can't say 'You are making yourself look like a pleb'. Not to mention my post is still quoted by Jovi.

You should know by now that if I have a post that contains less than 150 characters, it's probably not serious and half-assed. Not gonna bother addressing else, because doesn't really concern me, and quite frankly you're probably right about what you said, but just don't feed everyone, all a person needs.

PSL is a truly remarkable event where players have a chance to compete against each other in a unique format. However, no matter how great PSL was, is and will be, this event remains far from perfect from a competitive and organizational stand point.The main idea behind the changes I am proposing is to keep things simple and to eliminate easily exploitable flaws in the current system.

Initial auction integrity:

Spoiler

During the auction, managers have an equal chance to get the players they wish to acquire.  The pressure is on as soon as the first bid is made. Each manager tries to raise the price of the players they don’t want to acquire, just so they have more credits than the other managers when it comes time to acquire the player they want. Even though 7 out 8 managers already have their doubles player, they might all bid on the last decent double player of the draft just to bankrupt the 8th manager. Every time they bid on a player they don’t want, they take the risk of acquiring that player at the expense of their credit count and their teambuilding.

Trades – as well as the midseason auction – completely disregard the risks some managers took during the initial auction to secure their teambuilding compared to other managers’ teambuilding.

Solution: no more trades, no more mid-season.

In the latest PSL seasons, Greck and Riga have proven how broken trades are. A manager has the power to destroy his/her own team in a way that benefit certain managers to the detriment of the others. These kind of trades also disregard the compromises that certain managers had to make during the initial auction.

Solution: no more trades.

Sign-up bias:

Spoiler

Sign-up bias is the biggest PSL problem imo. When a player signs up for PSL, that player should play to the best of his/her abilities regardless of who is his/her manager. By allowing trades, by allowing players to play in tiers in which they did not sign-up and by having a mid-season auction, a player abuse the system to make sure he/she ends up in the team he/she ultimately wants to be in.

A player can alter – consciously or unconsciously – his/her performance in order to force a his/her to trade him/her off to another manager. Members of this community can also wrongfully be accused a player to alter his/her performance to end up in the team he/she ultimately wants to be in.

Solution: no more trades.

If Walpayer signs up only in Doubles in the next PSL season, I doubt managers would value him as much as if he had signed up in OU. If Walpayer, bought as a Doubles player, starts to play OU, it completely fucks all the managers that did not buy him. If a player signs up in an uninteresting tier (to lower his/her price) and then tells a specific manager that he/she is not bound to the tier in which he/she signed up, this should be considered as collusion.

Solution: not allow players to play in tiers in which they did not sign up.

PSL organisation:

Spoiler

The PSL timeline is unknown to players. Players should know what they commit to when they sign-up. PSL season 6 had two extra weeks that were not planned and that some players might not have expected. This set a bad precedent because some players might no longer sign-up in the future simply because they can’t commit to something that might last longer than expected.

Solution: respect and present the PSL season timeline.

PSL is too long. People might not sign up simply because they are not ready to commit to a 12 weeks event.

Not enough PSL teams make play-offs. For this reason, some teams know after 5 weeks that they won’t make play-offs and stop fighting. Hellacious Houndooms got utterly fucked by Team Riga this season because of that. Team Riga gave their 100% when they were fighting Dooms and won. Team Riga gave a free win to Koalas in week 7 which sealed Dooms fate. This is wrong and should be fixed.

Solution:

Going from 8 to 6 PSL teams could fix a lot of things. Season would not last as long and more we would get 4 out of 6 teams in playoffs which is a better ratio than right now.

The main problem with going from 8 to 6 teams is that there would be less players being bought. However, this can be resolved if we introduce more tiers which would force each of the 6 teams to be bigger and if we impose some kind of rotation clause. Perhaps, forbidding a manager to bench a player more than X weeks or forbidding a manager to make a player play more than Y weeks could be an interesting rotation clause.

20 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

I'm not gonna comment on one's decision to sit out a season, I did so when I couldn't ensure to be able to play most of the week and possibly risk my team so I didnt sign up. I think only people who know can play for upcoming season should sign up.

About one host, it's most effective. If there would have to be major discussions regarding every ruling PSL would work really sluggish and not effectively and consistently. If one host turns into a fast tyrant to rule everything by themselves the other hosts probably won't be happy.

Major discussions regarding every PSL rule should be done before a season imo. A PSL host should not have the burden to be a "ruler". Ideally, rules should simply be followed - just like a tiering policy should be followed ^^. I might be too optimisitc about this group idea, but I believe setting up a forum account for PSL season 7 shared by multiple users could work. 

Edited by gbwead
1 hour ago, Kurodashi said:

You misquoted me in that post, so that post gets hidden. I learned it from Gunthug. Come on downy, you were a staff once.

I've chosen my words carefully, Persian. Perhaps you should have done the same!