Uber PVP Option

ZaoLi

Question

17 answers to this question

5 hours ago, suigin said:

Mind if I suggest also allowing baton pass in Ubers since it's absolutely not broken in this game yet for some reason it's banned.

Its not, this was resolved 2-4 weeks ago when people were reporting baton pass was banned in doubles.

Anyways, I doubt its a good idea especially since people only queue for OU as it is.

2 hours ago, aeeaeeaaa said:

Any info on the legendary birds ?

They were considered OU in 3G/4G iirc

Can we expect to have them playable someday or is it a choice from the staff to not include them ?

(this is not criticism, I'm just curious)

We will be implementing Legendaries through the introduction of dungeons.

So they will be obtainable at some stage, we just want to make sure we aren't rushing their implementation and have gotten the level of difficulty right before doing so.

That and it requires designing the dungeons individually.

5 hours ago, Havsha said:

we already have two tiers that no one ever queues for, why make a third?

I dunno if this would be the case. Given that the popularity of OU among noobs is probably because its where the most and the strongest pokemon roam, Ubers would probably become a popular tier in matchmaking. And then non-noobs go where the noobs go because easy BP for wins. 

If anything we shouldn't add ubers because it's got a chance to turn OU into another dead matchmaking tier. 

5 hours ago, Munya said:

Its not, this was resolved 2-4 weeks ago when people were reporting baton pass was banned in doubles.

Anyways, I doubt its a good idea especially since people only queue for OU as it is.

people like to play with the most powerful pokemon they can, a lot of people want to play with their dug trios dragonites salamences and gengars 

Firstly, I do not agree, because the definition of the uber tier is like : "The unbalanced tier"

But finally, I must agree because you are right, people like to play the most powerfull pokemon they can find.

And then, I saw many begginers disapointed, that they cant play their uber when they start pvp.

Regarding these arguments, I think an Uber Matchingmaking would be more popular than NU or UU.

Yes please, I have made a lot of uber comps recently sbecause I like them and miss playing Baton Pass, but I can't find any use to them aside from the battle tower, its really hard to find any uber PvP matches atm, even in vermilion. Sometimes people battle me with a team of OUs and that makes me feel dirty..

About legendary dogs/birds, they most likely won't ever become uber. On smogon gen5, moltres/entei are RU, zapdos/suicune/raikou are UU, and articuno is NU. What we really need to make ubers a thing are legendaries like mewtwo/rayquaza/groudon/kyogre/lugia/ho-oh/arceus/giratina, but we probably won't ever get these cause staff thinks they should be unique, which I kinda agree, some exceptions could be made since it was shown on the anime that there is more than 1 lugia in existence, but it'd be unfair if not everyone was able to get it

silver__baby_lugia__by_130755774-d7wles9

Edited by Kyokatsu