[PSL 6] Week 6

4 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Such a bad precedent for future psl seasons... Why would players try to win for his/her team if they can get writed-off their team at any time, even on the last week of PSL? 

All managers had the opportunity to acquire the players they wanted during the auctions. There is no reason to have trades as it serves as nothing else than hide the teambuilding incompetence of some managers...

To be fair, I try and win for a team because I want to get myself a decent w/l.

Even when I don't expect to win, I fight for it, because I want to try and get myself a w/l I can look at and say I've improved from where I once was.

Doesn't matter if the team is top ranked or bottom ranked. Doesn't matter what the reasoning is for the drop.

Don't we all try and win our matches for ourselves, even a little bit?

2 minutes ago, Inarin said:

To be fair, I try and win for a team because I want to get myself a decent w/l.

Even when I don't expect to win, I fight for it, because I want to try and get myself a w/l I can look at and say I've improved from where I once was.

Doesn't matter if the team is top ranked or bottom ranked. Doesn't matter what the reasoning is for the drop.

Don't we all try and win our matches for ourselves, even a little bit?

^

If Greck had been willing to trade me to a playoff contender right before week 7 last season i would've been fucking ecstatic, and even though the team wasn't doing to hot i still played to try and get myself a decent record.

Edited by Rigamorty
30 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Gbwead, the type of gay to ridicule the PSL this entire season but not be a part of it whatsoever. I been chanting trades end at Week 6 in the admin thread from day one.

Coming from an attention seeking ugu like yourself - whose only redeeming quality is the incapacity of displaying your hypocrisy and your intellectual dishonesty simulatenously - this cute insult is nothing more than failed attempt to justify the stupidity of those trades. The reason why I don't participate in PSL is exactly because of these shit decisions that transform this competition into a fuckign circus.

Just think about it; if a team that went through 6 weeks of PSL is not the same team that goes into week 7, what is the point of going through those first 6 weeks? It goes without saying that a team qualified for playoff should have the merit of getting qualified and yet this is not the case... Is PSL a competition for the community or an excuse for managers to jerk players around as they shit talk other managers at the expense of all participants? Pathetic. 

Edited by gbwead
4 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Coming from an attention seeking ugu like yourself - whose only redeeming quality is the incapacity of displaying your hypocrisy and your intellectual dishonesty simulatenously - this cute insult is nothing more than failed attempt to justify the stupidity of those trades. The reason why I don't participate in PSL is exactly because of these shit decisions that transform this competition into a fuckign circus.

Just think about it; if a team that went through 6 weeks of PSL is not the same team that goes into week 7, what is the point of going through those first 6 weeks? It goes without saying that a team qualified for playoff should has the merit of getting qualified and yet this is not the case... Is PSL a competition for the community or an excuse for managers to jerk players around as they shit talk other managers at the expense of all participants. Pathetic. 

Do you even Fantasy Football bro? Managers have the power. Players are at their mercy. It's a combined team effort, but if the manager is heartless then so be it. I can't alter that. Thanks for calling me out though. 

Just now, DoubleJ said:

Do you even Fantasy Football bro? Managers have the power. Players are at their mercy. It's a combined team effort, but if the manager is heartless then so be it. I can't alter that. Thanks for calling me out though. 

Thanks for making a complete farce out of PSL in a way that encourages players to play like shit until they get traded off to the team in which they want to get in. Super competitve.

1 minute ago, Kurodashi said:

Why does it motivate players to play like shit?

Clearly, if a player knows that if he plays badly, he will be traded off what is even the point of doing an auction? Let's just have LYLE vs AURA from the beginning and skip the worthless 6 weeks we went through. 

4 minutes ago, Kurodashi said:

If you are a good player on a loosing team, why shouldn't you hav the chance to get traded and in that sense rewarded for playing good?

A competition implies equal chances to all participants. In this case, the participants are teams which are clearly unequal since we keep seeing players with different psl values getting traded off like crazy. 

Where is the Aura vs Lyle comming from? Before ALL trades this season, WHK had 2 aura players and 1 Lyle Player, we even reduced that number.

Nobody gets bought with the intention to get traded, it is part of the competition, even inside the team, subs want to get played, but have to pass for the better players. I cant fault the managers for trying to field the best roster they can. Trying to field the best roster possible is the job of the manager and in the end they want to win.

tldr: be gud

No trade deadline just fucked the whole season. Teams who will not make playoffs traded players who shouldn't have made it to the not-so-good players who fought on the better teams. The rosters completely changed and that's bullshit

Edit: honestly what the fuck is going on, why is this okay? Not to mention there is somewhat bribery going on, would all these trades happen if Riga won the last few weeks and had a chance at playoffs? Now some players who have started every week on teams who had a decent to 100% chance at making playoffs get dropped despite working with that team the whole season. 

Edited by EricTheGreat
3 minutes ago, EricTheGreat said:

No trade deadline just fucked the whole season. Teams who will not make playoffs traded players who shouldn't have made it to the not-so-good players who fought on the better teams. The rosters completely changed and that's bullshit

There is a trade deadline, it's 12 mins from now. Been posting for like 3 straight weeks and announced at the season start, and only just tonight did people speak up against it. 

6 minutes ago, EricTheGreat said:

i was very obviously doing that but i'm trying to be fair by offering my players to every manager, not just trying to buff up one certain team like i very well could have