[PSL 6] Week 6

4 minutes ago, Kurodashi said:

Where is the Aura vs Lyle comming from? Before ALL trades this season, WHK had 2 aura players and 1 Lyle Player, we even reduced that number.

Nobody gets bought with the intention to get traded, it is part of the competition, even inside the team, subs want to get played, but have to pass for the better players. I cant fault the managers for trying to field the best roster they can. Trying to field the best roster possible is the job of the manager and in the end they want to win.

I don't mean to offend you, but I think you are being overly optimistic and naive. By allowing trades, managers have the power to destroy their team if they wish. This is not really a problem. However, when managers destroy their team - consciously or not - they also give a big boost to another team that benefit from an advantageous trade. As long as trades are allowed - especially in the way they are allowed - PSL is not really a fair competition since some teams benefit from discriminatory advantages and others don't. 

2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

That is very true. Hindsight is 20/20. Wish we could have had the foresight to move the deadline a week sooner, but alas I am not perfect. 

Even this isn't a perfect solution - it's very possible for a team to be out of playoff contention after 5 weeks (just so happened that this season, every team was still in it after 5). Believe me when I say it's very difficult to foresee problems that haven't arisen yet in time to change the rules and fix them.

For those against the trades, let's not forget that being a manager doesnt end after you draft your team and set your first lineup. The managers who benefited were those who stuck their necks out and offered trades to the sinking ships. Messing with team chemistry this late in the season isn't a riskproof endeavor, either. @gbwead I do understand your concerns but I also think you're being a little dramatic, late season trade acquisitions between teams out of contention and teams headed to the playoffs are a very common thing in American sports so maybe its just a difference in cultures

2 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Even this isn't a perfect solution - it's very possible for a team to be out of playoff contention after 5 weeks (just so happened that this season, every team was still in it after 5). Believe me when I say it's very difficult to foresee problems that haven't arisen yet in time to change the rules and fix them.

For those against the trades, let's not forget that being a manager doesnt end after you draft your team and set your first lineup. The managers who benefited were those who stuck their necks out and offered trades to the sinking ships. Messing with team chemistry this late in the season isn't a riskproof endeavor, either. @gbwead I do understand your concerns but I also think you're being a little dramatic, late season trade acquisitions between teams out of contention and teams headed to the playoffs are a very common thing in American sports so maybe its just a difference in cultures

I put a lot of thought into altering trades throughout this season and moving forward we simply just need to have criteria to approve a trade. Too many times did I have to use my own judgement, which introduced an unnecessary subjective component. 

The best solution, would be to allow a trade should the credits are within 25% of one another. For instance, if a player worth 20k was traded then the other side of the trade would need to have a value of at least 15k for it to be even plausible.  

1 minute ago, Gunthug said:

The problem is that the offers are accepted or refused by a manager - no offense riga, you're actually a cool guy - that isn't able to properly evaluate the value of his players since he is losing psl right now for that very reason. 

The great thing about PSL, new seasons start fresh. We can learn from mistakes from past seasons and put it into the next season.

In my opinion, trades so late shouldn't happen, but nobody saw this problem and spoke out about it until now, so what can we do. It's just something we need to put more thought in next season.