The Legend of the Steel Bird Series [OU]

Ruak

Ok, I appreciate staff hosting this but I need to have a little rant here because these prizes make 0 sense:

3rd Place - Shiny Heracross, is that even worth 10M these days? Could just make a regular OU official for it.

2nd Place - Shiny Flygon, didn't we have a 16 man OU tourney for one of these? Also that Trapinch tourney just this week? smh.

1st Place - Shiny Skarmory, jajajaja so we get a Shiny Sceptile for UU's 1st Prize, Shiny Custom for Doubles (Frags picking Metagross), Shiny Custom for NU (Frags picking Pinsir) and now staff just derps and picks a Skarmory for the most played tier on this game. I mean, I get that you're trying to prevent Frags from finishing his shiny comp collection by adding a Typhlosion or something but it's still no reason to take away from the players what we always had, which is the option to pick ANY Shiny we want for a 1st Place Prize. This is an OU Series, it only happens once a year ffs and it already feels like it's not worth the huge amount of effort.

3 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

Ok, I appreciate staff hosting this but I need to have a little rant here because these prizes make 0 sense:

3rd Place - Shiny Heracross, is that even worth 10M these days? Could just make a regular OU official for it.

2nd Place - Shiny Flygon, didn't we have a 16 man OU tourney for one of these? Also that Trapinch tourney just this week? smh.

1st Place - Shiny Skarmory, jajajaja so we get a Shiny Sceptile for UU's 1st Prize, Shiny Custom for Doubles (Frags picking Metagross), Shiny Custom for NU (Frags picking Pinsir) and now staff just derps and picks a Skarmory for the most played tier on this game. I mean, I get that you're trying to prevent Frags from finishing his shiny comp collection by adding a Typhlosion or something but it's still no reason to take away from the players what we always had, which is the option to pick ANY Shiny we want for a 1st Place Prize. This is an OU Series, it only happens once a year ffs and it already feels like it's not worth the huge amount of effort.

Just to add to this, the yen prizes alone aren't even worth it. 2m yen for beating through the other best 15 OU players? No thanks, I'd rather shiny hunt or grow leppas to gain a higher /  same amount respectively, and with way lesser effort than it takes to play this. 2m is no way near close to the investment one puts into winning this tournament (in terms of time + $$$), so idk how anyone will be satisfied of winning this tbh. 

I really do appreciate you guys pulling through and creating an OU series because a majority of the community has been asking for it. I can see a lot of newer players excited about this but from an old timer's perspective, this isn't very motivating. 

3 minutes ago, Murcielago said:

This is a big step up from the community combats, 5AM tournaments, and shiney slowbro 64 man tournaments we have been getting lately... that last slowbro tournament I clicked register not even .25 seconds and it was full... 88/64 

Mike didn't know it was supposed to be 128 expect dem 128 from now on

I would make Shiny Aerodactyl first place

Shiny Skarmory second place

Shiny Gyarados third place

to keep the flying theme, get a godly shiny comp and everybody is happy with the idea @Ruak