Mega Moemon Firered (1.4c), August2023

1 hour ago, Septentrion said:

Are you emulating or using hacking tools? If it's something like Gen lll Hacking Suite, then you'll need an INI file. If it's a emulation problem, then I messed up because this should be exactly like patching the old moemon.

I'd just been using Lunar ips to patch the ips file onto the rom and then opening the patched rom with APSE so I can see the sprites. The rom itself works fine using VBA with and without the patch.

What is the proper way to patch it then? And should I not be using Lunar ips or APSE for this?

Edit: Recolored Meowth.

gbntsUC.pnggRI1sx7.png

Edited by Leafjewel
53 minutes ago, Leafjewel said:

I'd just been using Lunar ips to patch the ips file onto the rom and then opening the patched rom with APSE so I can see the sprites. The rom itself works fine using VBA with and without the patch.

What is the proper way to patch it then? And should I not be using Lunar ips or APSE for this?

Edit: Recolored Meowth.

gbntsUC.pnggRI1sx7.png

I don't know anything about APSE, but Lunar IPS is the right patching program. It sounds like you want the sprites I already inserted, although the 2.0 patch will contain most of the sprites already. It'll be easier just to share the sprites rather than constantly putting out a new IPS.

I don't know anything about APSE, but Lunar IPS is the right patching program. It sounds like you want the sprites I already inserted, although the 2.0 patch will contain most of the sprites already. It'll be easier just to share the sprites rather than constantly putting out a new IPS.

Thanks for the sprites. Now I know which icons need to be replaced. How is the Meowth icon?

Also, I'm a bit surprised you don't know APSE considering it was the old forum's choice of hacking tool to change the sprites.

18 minutes ago, Leafjewel said:

Thanks for the sprites. Now I know which icons need to be replaced. How is the Meowth icon?

Also, I'm a bit surprised you don't know APSE considering it was the old forum's choice of hacking tool to change the sprites.

That meowth is good(and functional). Quite a few icons are going to be okay to begin with though. Don't be afraid to go through some of them quickly.

As for APSE, I remember downloading it, but ended up using something else. I'm not exactly anyone's romhacking apprentice.

So, I've finished about 10 icons. I'm going to put the larger sizes in a spoiler. Growlithe didn't need updating, and I'll be skipping the Abra line since they don't have new sprites.

Also, I found some updated sprites, but I might have hit my image limit, so I'll put them in another post maybe.

Edit: For now, they all fit in this post.

BRpq4lh.png

Persian

TT2SYsI.pngnfkoKjb.png

Psyduck & Golduck

SOAytcO.pngfW3bz6K.png

Mankey & Primeape

cw8WmdD.png

Arcanine

U7EDX7x.pngXLlhjLt.pngxAczShb.png3osO0OR.png

Poliwag, Poliwhirl, & Poliwrath (2 Versions)

Poliwrath's updated sprite has short hair, which is why I made two versions. The first is the icon for the current sprite, and the second is for the updated sprite.

Spoiler

UQula54.pngPmPMXre.pngUgI1Fnx.pngkHDj9zG.pngwdsAcY2.pngTD9ooTe.pngYQwSMD6.pngtz8C2ny.pngPnFZXFw.pngR0IrR0v.png

Edit: Let me see how many images I can fit first. Also too lazy to post in x2.

Updated Sprites/ Sprites with newer versions of themselves:

Spoiler

wSbcu9S.png

OagMCwz.png

dLne3SK.png Aozane updated the current Ponyta into this.

6z0n835.png There's nothing wrong with the current Rapidash, but this is the one updated to go with that Ponyta.

iPrOgKH.png Is this Muk too moe for your taste? It's the one from the 2.0 patch.

1T2INbE.png Nothing wrong with the current Starmie either, but using McMagister's would let us convert the current one

And now, some of my edits:

Spoiler

KcLZTc3.png I'm pretty sure that part between Seel's hair in the back is its cape and not its hair, so I recolored it to reflect that.

b1IGrEZ.png Lickitung's arms were so long that they looked like they could touch her feet while standing straight. I gave her longer legs and shorter arms, but I might have made her off in other proportions by doing so.

lh636b9.png Koffing's mouth was using the darkest brown, making the shiny have a purple mouth. I replaced it with the darkest skin tone.

Other sprites:

Spoiler

K1hUsRZ.png Regular sized front Vulpix.

uOLIgRA.png Shrunken front Ivysaur so that she doesn't look as big as Venusaur.

tHSrWq3.png Tentacruel matching Tentacool's hat.

Edited by Leafjewel
1 hour ago, Leafjewel said:

Nothing wrong with the current Starmie either, but using McMagister's would let us convert the current one

Excellent work. Do you have something in mind for the current Starmie base?

IIRBcTm.pngSRnYOL8.png

I rely have to stop worrying about the ponytail. I might just put this in if no one has any changes.

LhM7llw.png

14 minutes ago, Septentrion said:

Excellent work. Do you have something in mind for the current Starmie base?

IIRBcTm.pngSRnYOL8.png

I rely have to stop worrying about the ponytail. I might just put this in if no one has any changes.

LhM7llw.png

I can't think of anything off the top of my head right now, but surely there exists a water type somewhere that we haven't gotten to that needs a bikini-clad sprite. Plus, it would be more difficult to convert McMagister's Starmie into something else than that one.

I was going to suggest we remove the wings from Articuno's backsprite, but I see you've done that already. Have you considered making her eyes red like the actual sprite's?

Maybe you should mirror Mega Charizard's wings so that the curved back one is on our left and the straighter one is on our right, or you should flip her chest. To me, her chest makes it look like she's turning from our right to our left, but her wings say otherwise right now.

Venomoth looks good enough right now and messing around with the ponytail will only make her look worse for a long time before it looks any better.

Also, would you prefer me to keep working on the icons until I finish my "quota" or are there any sprites you would like me to try to make a backsprite for?

34 minutes ago, Leafjewel said:

I can't think of anything off the top of my head right now, but surely there exists a water type somewhere that we haven't gotten to that needs a bikini-clad sprite. Plus, it would be more difficult to convert McMagister's Starmie into something else than that one.

I was hoping for Mega Blastoise. I already have a base in mind for Mega Venusaur.

36 minutes ago, Leafjewel said:

Have you considered making her eyes red like the actual sprite's?

There's only two reds so it may not look as good. I'll try though.

38 minutes ago, Leafjewel said:

Also, would you prefer me to keep working on the icons until I finish my "quota" or are there any sprites you would like me to try to make a backsprite for?

The Icons are supposed to be the fun and the sprites are suppose to be the work. Both are progress. There are still a handful of backsprites which are all valid to work on, but I would like to see Alakazam personally. It's a bit mind-boggling that the Abra family is so neglected.

Had too much fun with the reds. After removing the gray from the backsprite's eye and consolidating the two whites into the same color, Articuno now only uses 15 colors, meaning there is space for a third red or any extra color. She also has no eyebrows.

ClupAd8.png

Will try to work on Alakazam's backsprite in the next couple of days.

Edit: A valiant attempt was made in my opinion. However, we really need members that can actually sprite because I think this is way above my current skill level.

Speaking of which, I don't think I'll be able to finish/polish up Alakazam's backsprite anytime soon because the shading is way too complex for me to match adequately well. Also, I didn't feel like struggling with her eyes right now, so she'll be eyeless and eyebrow-less for a bit.

OuqrpSA.pngaDvHTWk.png

Edit 2: Forgot to mention that RacheLucario made this Kadabra to match with Abra.

Although, why don't we change Abra's and Kadabra's purples to reds to free up more colors? Plus, Alakazam doesn't have any purple.

xX3HWz5.png

Edit 3: I found a version of Abra that had her in Alakazam's palette. Applied the same palette to Kadabra. Maybe the shinies can have purple?

JtG6t2c.png4UglkAh.png

Edited by Leafjewel
Added Abra family
On 7/20/2017 at 0:35 AM, Leafjewel said:

Speaking of which, I don't think I'll be able to finish/polish up Alakazam's backsprite anytime soon because the shading is way too complex for me to match adequately well. Also, I didn't feel like struggling with her eyes right now, so she'll be eyeless and eyebrow-less for a bit.

OuqrpSA.pngaDvHTWk.png

The hair looks bigger than I would expect. Should it poof out around the shoulders?

On 7/20/2017 at 0:35 AM, Leafjewel said:

Edit 2: Forgot to mention that RacheLucario made this Kadabra to match with Abra.

Although, why don't we change Abra's and Kadabra's purples to reds to free up more colors? Plus, Alakazam doesn't have any purple.

xX3HWz5.png

Edit 3: I found a version of Abra that had her in Alakazam's palette. Applied the same palette to Kadabra. Maybe the shinies can have purple?

JtG6t2c.png4UglkAh.png

Only Kadabra(and Mega Alakazam) has red canonically, so it wouldn't be a be deal if we prioritize purple over red. Also, applying the same palettes isn't necessary if they are already so close in appearance.

48 minutes ago, Septentrion said:

The hair looks bigger than I would expect. Should it poof out around the shoulders?

Only Kadabra(and Mega Alakazam) has red canonically, so it wouldn't be a be deal if we prioritize purple over red. Also, applying the same palettes isn't necessary if they are already so close in appearance.

I was working off the thought that if Alakazam has that much hair visible on our right, then she should have a similar amount on the other side of her blocked by her body, meaning that she has a lot of hair. Although maybe I did give her too much. As for the long strand on her shoulder, that part just needs to cover her entire neck (wherever it is) and goes above her shoulder (assuming that brown poofy part next to her upper chest on our left is her shoulder). I think it needed to go out further in front of her chest than where I stopped, but I was getting kind of tired of making her hair.

Or maybe I'm not understanding what you mean by "poofing it out around the shoulders."

As for Abra and Kadabra, I figured if Abra was already recolored in Alakazam's palette, then Kadabra might as well be recolored too. Honestly, I don't care if we go with red or purple, but I do care that it's either all red or all purple so we aren't needlessly using unnecessary colors that only get used once or twice.

Edited by Leafjewel

I enabled buying of megastones. The baserom has this troublesome habit of text overflow. This should be the last time scripting is necessary.

jWUZd7h.png

I flipped Charizard. The wings do look better aligned.

T8zWZIU.png

Will there be a final Articuno? I would like to put in Articuno and Mega Charizard soon.

Holy carp its good to see this back up and running. Always meant to come back but life got in the way and well...the project died and all.

I did a few things by myself though. Ignore the shinies, they were just in because I said "eh, that's good enough" and put them in my roms:

Tyranitar:

G5Wx6Uv.png

Latias:

N1BUxdl.png

Sharpedo:

bIXD1k5.png

Also I did a quick sketch a while back of what I thought Metang could look like:

Spoiler

iweTkik.png

10 hours ago, Septentrion said:

Will there be a final Articuno? I would like to put in Articuno and Mega Charizard soon.

Was going to post this last night, but I wasn't feeling well.

I'll let you pick between these four. I also changed her backsprite's eye to better match the front and gave her tiny "Asian-y" eyebrows just so she had some.

FiHLpZm.png "White" belts + green bow shiny

KLjqnJI.png Bow-colored belts + green bow shiny

CNaJ0fx.png "White" belts + Gen V color palettes

1P4nlCW.png Red belts + Gen V color palettes

Let me know If you don't want me to post multiple color palettes for shinies. I just thought it'd be nice to let the forum collaborate/have a choice on which sprites make it in to the ips rather than just myself having the final say and forcing everyone else to go along with it.

Since we've been focusing solely on finishing Gen I sprites, I've refrained from posting stuff from my personal collection for the other gens. But I will drop my take on Sharpedo here.

Spoiler

F2HoZlv.png

I'm so glad we have more people here. And I love Tyranitar's new backsprite and the Metang sketch; both are a great combination of cool and cute (and moe).

Currently working on Kingler. Hopefully I can post it soon. 

8 hours ago, IratePomegranate said:

I did a few things by myself though. Ignore the shinies, they were just in because I said "eh, that's good enough" and put them in my roms:

Tyranitar:

G5Wx6Uv.png

Latias:

N1BUxdl.png

Sharpedo:

bIXD1k5.png

Small observation: All of these are pokemon that mega evolve.

Tryrantar's backsprite is different from what I have. The sword is an improvement, but the fist looks twisted awkwardly.

That Latias has a later version which I thought was more popular. I'm currently using that form as a Mega, although with shiny colors.

TujoK7V.png

I don't know if there's a Carvaha sprite, although the current one could be resized. I'm not decided on scary mouth.

14 minutes ago, Leafjewel said:

Bow-colored belts + green bow shiny

Edited by Septentrion
5 hours ago, Septentrion said:

I don't know if there's a Carvaha sprite, although the current one could be resized. I'm not decided on scary mouth.

I've been using this Carvanha personally. The backsprite probably needs less hair and the shiny has a green mouth, but I personally don't care about strange colored mouths or having more varied skintones since I consider Moemon more as actual monster girls and not as cosplayers (although I know most people will disagree with me).

ISj4Fgc.png

Was going to edit my post, but I might as well reply to you. Currently working on this Kingler since it already has a backsprite for me to play with.

Pei2yzx.png

Edit: Not sure what to do about her left shoulder/arm in the backsprite. Tried to make her bangs a little cuter in the front and I thought her eye was too far to our right, but I might have made things worse instead of better.

Ng3vwpl.png

Edit 2: How's this?

urGMMcj.png

Edit 3: Scienced some arms onto MCharizard, played around with her face, reshaded her backsprite's arms and lowered the neck/head by one pixel, and tried to make her left knee smaller to make it look further back, but I think I only rounded it.

dPUppOi.png

Edit 4: Does moving the arm to the other side look any better?

GlpDAwZ.png

Edited by Leafjewel
On 7/22/2017 at 11:27 PM, Septentrion said:

That Latias has a later version which I thought was more popular. I'm currently using that form as a Mega, although with shiny colors.

TujoK7V.png

I'm fairly sure your version is older. It lacks the lowered sleeve on the front sprite that I remember working on before in the previous thread. Though I just realised my version got the colour of Latias' horn-ear thing wrong.

@Leafjewel

Looks much better on that side, I adjusted the thumb and built up the sleeves:

prEIeHw.png

Also a thing to see whether megas could be based off the normal form's sprite. Need to fix the lapel and wings though.

04Uplw2.png

2 hours ago, IratePomegranate said:

Also a thing to see whether megas could be based off the normal form's sprite. Need to fix the lapel and wings though.

04Uplw2.png

I really like her. She looks so cool (sorry, better descriptive words just aren't coming to me right now). And for some reason, it is only now after all of these years that I've realized that her hands are those round things in between her legs and she's not holding onto her thighs. Not really sure why I've never noticed this whole time.

Also, do you think Mega Charizard can have a real tail instead of that ribbon-belt thingy? Charmander has a real looking tail (even if it is her hair) and Charmeleon has a real tail, but then Charizard gets a ribbon with a flame on it.

Edit: On that note, here's a short-haired version of Charmander with her hair and tail separated.

N1PCOG2.png

Edited by Leafjewel
4 hours ago, IratePomegranate said:

Looks much better on that side, I adjusted the thumb and built up the sleeves:

prEIeHw.png

The fist seems like it would be connected to a short arm.

4 hours ago, IratePomegranate said:

04Uplw2.png

That's the type of hair I would like to see for mega Gyrados and Mega Tyranitar(both are dark types). There's a level of difference to be expected. Her lapels are excellent.

2 hours ago, Leafjewel said:

Also, do you think Mega Charizard can have a real tail instead of that ribbon-belt thingy? Charmander has a real looking tail (even if it is her hair) and Charmeleon has a real tail, but then Charizard gets a ribbon with a flame on it.

Making room for a real tail is something I had in mind when designing the wings. I also had the idea of a jewel crown because she's a real dragon now, and dragons have jewels.

Also, the gym leaders will have some surprises up their sleeves. How about Lt.Surge having a surprise from Sinnoh?

ojmFuU0.png

23 minutes ago, Septentrion said:

Also, the gym leaders will have some surprises up their sleeves. How about Lt.Surge having a surprise from Sinnoh?

ojmFuU0.png

Aozane updated the Shinx family, so that Luxio base and Shinx backsprite are outdated. Also, Shinx evolves at Lv. 15, so shouldn't he have a Luxio instead since his Pokémon are all above Lv. 18?

Spoiler

mXh4mvw.png

By the way, what did you think of Kingler?

4 minutes ago, Leafjewel said:

Aozane updated the Shinx family, so that Luxio base and Shinx backsprite are outdated. Also, Shinx evolves at Lv. 15, so shouldn't he have a Luxio instead since his Pokémon are all above Lv. 18?

Reveal hidden contents

mXh4mvw.png

By the way, what did you think of Kingler?

I didn't expect generation four moemon to get new updates.

Kinglers good. Her design is unusual so it's harder to judge.It'll be up to you if you want to nitpick it.

Also, there's this video with a few hundred gijinkas designs, because Kemono Friends.

Spoiler

I didn't expect generation four moemon to get new updates.

Aozane updates whatever they want apparently. Although, the Shinx line was updated at least a couple of years ago (it was part of that one jumbo picture that no one had a clear picture of until the end of last year with the Taillow line, Cacnea line, Stunky line and several others). And their latest spree (October - March-ish) were updates from Gens I through V, including Glameow and Purugly. I figured that as we shifted our focus from one region to another, I'd post any Moemon you didn't have or had updated versions.

If you say Kingler is done and no one else has any objections, then I'm good with that. Only one palette this time because these colors are better than the official ones.

z2I1INK.png 

Those are some interesting designs that could be used. I'm particularly fond of several gijinka designs from Katagiri Hachigou and Nia, so hopefully we can use some as references in the future.