An Age Old Question

Mahina

Dragonite.

In every single handheld game ever, Dragonite has been my main guy. From Gen 2 onwards, I used a cheat catridge so that I could get a Dratini starter instead of the normal ones; it wouldn't feel right doing it any other way. The first few series of the anime made me love Dragonite. From the way it was presented all mystical with the lighthouse to the way Drake's Dragonite pulverised Ash's whole team. From a design perspective too I think Dnite looks awesome, don't see the goofy Barney the dinosaur comparison at all. 

Sadly the anime has changed the way he looks now (trash) but we'll always have the handheld old school Dragonite design. 

The egg came before the chicke- oh wait that's not what you asked. 

I actually have a lot of Pokémon that I really like, but if I had to go with one it'd have to be Shedinja. No other Pokémon could compare to Shedinja due to its unique ability. With immunity to 13 out of 18 types, it can forcefully wall some Pokémon if not the entire team. Most rain team sweeper, for example, can't do anything to it. At late game when both team has been dwindled down, a Shedinja reveal can be a decisive factor.

Appearance wise, it's an adorable looking shell with a halo. What is there not to love? Plus it's hollow inside, just like me!

Edited by Moetal

Dragonite (Non-Legendary)

I stumbled upon this majestic creature way back when I had first played through my original Red version, and I was fishing in the Safari Zone. I found a Dratini and wondered "What are you? What do you evolve in to?" so I caught one and trained it. Dragonite carried me through the Pokemon League, and I have loved it to death ever since. Dragonite has one of the best stat sets and move pools (even though Ice Punch is no longer a thing on them in the newer gens Q~Q) of any Pokemon to date, and will always own a special place in my heart. Dragonite is also the reason I don't believe in the concept of "Tiers", as I believe that you should NEVER be limited on your choice of Pokemon, and should ALWAYS use the Pokemon YOU want to use, not what society tries to force on you based on stats. My favorite type is the "Dragon" type, because of this friendly behemoth.

Mewtwo (Legendary)

I also happened upon this Pokemon in my Red version, way back when, and thought it was one of the coolest things ever. This was later reinforced by "Pokemon The First movie :Mewtwo Strikes Back", where we learned even more about him through his touching backstory (which I feel most of the newer movies don't have) and ever since then, I have always considered Mewtwo to be my favorite Legendary Pokemon.

Sorry for the long response, but I felt that these two Pokemon helped me as a kid carve out a part of who I am today (if you can believe that XD).

15 hours ago, mmead said:

Dragonite (Non-Legendary)

I stumbled upon this majestic creature way back when I had first played through my original Red version, and I was fishing in the Safari Zone. I found a Dratini and wondered "What are you? What do you evolve in to?" so I caught one and trained it. Dragonite carried me through the Pokemon League, and I have loved it to death ever since. Dragonite has one of the best stat sets and move pools (even though Ice Punch is no longer a thing on them in the newer gens Q~Q) of any Pokemon to date, and will always own a special place in my heart. Dragonite is also the reason I don't believe in the concept of "Tiers", as I believe that you should NEVER be limited on your choice of Pokemon, and should ALWAYS use the Pokemon YOU want to use, not what society tries to force on you based on stats. My favorite type is the "Dragon" type, because of this friendly behemoth.

Preach brother. 

• Zehkar locked this topic