New Gen Hype ?

Nobody talking about new gen anymore , why? Anything happened ?After PTS, Hype died ? And i didn't hear anything new. Looking for infos of WHEN.

Since this announcement , become huge 7 months. How many months we must wait more ? At least , there must be info like " in 2 years this game will have new gen " 

https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera/videos/10155877440078690/?hc_ref=ARQI83QrtiHgNXY7y9ZAM8SvI_AELRXAJcQLlLTEuiSOcDDYCsXlutvphfKiH3_l_Ls

Edited by FinnTheMember

10 y e a r s s i n c e P o k e M M O u p d a t e. I w a l k t h r o u g h t h e e m p t y s t r e e t s t r y i n g t o t h i n k o f s o m e t h i n g e l s e b u t I a l w a y s e n d u p s i t t i n g i n f r o n t o f m y c o m p u t e r. I s t a r e a t t h e s c r e e n f o r h o u r s a n d t r y t o s u m m o n D e s u. I m a k e m y 4 8 3 1 s t w a l l t e a m t o g r i e f V e r m i l l i o n, b u t i t i s n o g o o d. T h e e n d i s n e a r. T h e n I l o o k o n t h e u p d a t e h i s t o r y a n d c r y m y s e l f t o s l e e p.

2 minutes ago, Kyu said:

10 y e a r s s i n c e P o k e M M O u p d a t e. I w a l k t h r o u g h t h e e m p t y s t r e e t s t r y i n g t o t h i n k o f s o m e t h i n g e l s e b u t I a l w a y s e n d u p s i t t i n g i n f r o n t o f m y c o m p u t e r. I s t a r e a t t h e s c r e e n f o r h o u r s a n d t r y t o s u m m o n D e s u. I m a k e m y 4 8 3 1 s t w a l l t e a m t o g r i e f V e r m i l l i o n, b u t i t i s n o g o o d. T h e e n d i s n e a r. T h e n I l o o k o n t h e u p d a t e h i s t o r y a n d c r y m y s e l f t o s l e e p.

Same bro

Just now, Kyu said:

UNOVA = AESTHETIC GEN?
#HYPE

tbh it would be nice to have partial releases for unova as it was done for kanto

hoenn was released almost complete and the hype died rather quickly, couple hours and you were done with it

now if they did some partial releases, ie up to what was complete in the past PTS people would be engaged for longer periods

Just now, axx said:

tbh it would be nice to have partial releases for unova as it was done for kanto

hoenn was released almost complete and the hype died rather quickly, couple hours and you were done with it

now if they did some partial releases, ie up to what was complete in the past PTS people would be engaged for longer periods

If we didn't rewrite the entire client and break literally everything related to backend data, we'd consider it. There's also the fact that Unova's scripting is still extremely fragile and that characters break pretty regularly. So we're basically rewriting the game at this point, and you can't half-ass that without creating a (literally) broken game.

It's just not good enough for release yet. Sorry.

Just now, LiquidFrost said:

Legendary Dungeons?

Backlogged behind:

• Difficulty curve rebalancing (2 wks)
  • Horde/Encounter/Pickup rebalancing (2-3 wks)
  • Overworld item rebalancing (2-4 wks)
  • Updated software renderer (1-2 wks)

Note that several of these are a consequence of Unova being vastly different than Gen 3 in terms of gameplay, which is why they've taken priority. Thankfully I was able to automate a lot of it, and they've had significant work put into them already, so these are estimates from time of posting.

Takes 1-2 months to design a dungeon from scratch, some of which is already done, but requires an overarching concept for a series of dungeons (trios) which pushes that into a realistic span of 2-3 months from start to completion of 1/3 Legendary of a trio. For context, North Pole took around 2 months and was only ~60 maps, although I've gotten better at map design since then.

A realistic timespan is "first one in 1-2 patches after Unova's release." We were able to explore the very basic concepts of co-op gameplay last Christmas so those problems are already solved.

Just now, LiquidFrost said:

Android?

Requires:

• UI rewrite (Scene2D) (1-2 months)
  • Pure LibGDX renderer for Android (2-3 months)

The current PTS client is a LibGDX/LWJGL2/TWL frankenstein, but shifting our focus to finishing framework ports is something we will probably be doing around the time that Dungeons are being worked on. It's very likely that there will be at least 1 major functionality/bug fix patch for Unova after its initial release, afterwards we would be looking to port to Android if we can sustain a 3-6 month dev cycle on it.

So, to summarize: we need to finish Unova to a reasonable degree before working on either of them. We're getting towards the end and scripting is coming along well, but there is still quite a lot to do. We're about halfway through the storyline at the moment, the battle particle engine is coming along nicely, and rebalancing efforts have around 6-8 weeks left in them. I had already said this in the Dev Blog, but release will start to be planned for after the next PTS (which we've been staggering every 3 months, currently).

2 minutes ago, Kyu said:

Backlogged behind:

• Difficulty curve rebalancing (2 wks)
  • Horde/Encounter/Pickup rebalancing (2-3 wks)
  • Overworld item rebalancing (2-4 wks)
  • Updated software renderer (1-2 wks)

Note that several of these are a consequence of Unova being vastly different than Gen 3 in terms of gameplay, which is why they've taken priority. Thankfully I was able to automate a lot of it, and they've had significant work put into them already, so these are estimates from time of posting.

Takes 1-2 months to design a dungeon from scratch, some of which is already done, but requires an overarching concept for a series of dungeons (trios) which pushes that into a realistic span of 2-3 months from start to completion of 1/3 Legendary of a trio. For context, North Pole took around 2 months and was only ~60 maps, although I've gotten better at map design since then.

A realistic timespan is "first one in 1-2 patches after Unova's release." We were able to explore the very basic concepts of co-op gameplay last Christmas so those problems are already solved.

Requires:

• UI rewrite (Scene2D) (1-2 months)
  • Pure LibGDX renderer for Android (2-3 months)

The current PTS client is a LibGDX/LWJGL2/TWL frankenstein, but shifting our focus to finishing framework ports is something we will probably be doing around the time that Dungeons are being worked on. It's very likely that there will be at least 1 major functionality/bug fix patch for Unova after its initial release, afterwards we would be looking to port to Android if we can sustain a 3-6 month dev cycle on it.

So, to summarize: we need to finish Unova to a reasonable degree before working on either of them. We're getting towards the end and scripting is coming along well, but there is still quite a lot to do. We're about halfway through the storyline at the moment, the battle particle engine is coming along nicely, and rebalancing efforts have around 6-8 weeks left in them. I had already said this in the Dev Blog, but release will start to be planned for after the next PTS (which we've been staggering every 3 months, currently).

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your hard work!

2 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

What exactly do you mean here?

Both the EXP curve & wild encounter design is vastly different in Gen 5 than in Gen 3, and needed to be rebalanced to match Gen 3's gameplay. Gen 5 did a lot of very odd things which I'm not happy with, in order to make the game easier and to appeal to casual console players. Some of my notes on the topic:

Gen 5's NPC & Wild Encounter design are significantly different than GBA's, with a preference towards NPCs being the primary EXP source and Wild Encounters giving much more EXP due to changes to the EXP reward algorithm itself. Gen 5 did a few things to wild encounters as a result:

• Reduced levels of literally everything in grass
  • Skewed levels heavily towards the lower end of a range (e.g. if level skew is 20~26, there is a 60% chance for a lvl 20 and a 5% chance for a lvl 26)
  • Moved "high risk" encounters to Dark Grass
  • Reduced all encounter rates to less than half of GBA's

--

EXP values in Gen 5 have been moved to an algorithm where more common spawns receive less EXP, which further reduces the EXP given from wild encounters in our case.  It's very likely that FireRed/Emerald/Black are all now underleveled as a result of the current EXP environment.

I've already solved most of these problems though. The main issue now is automating the solutions, since we're now looking at around ~300 maps with wild encounters in the game (which is only getting worse with Gen 4 / Dungeons in the future).

4 hours ago, Kyu said:

Understandable, have a nice day

I have 2 questions have you guys figured out how are we going to get Wonder world abilities? and how much percent from 1-100 do you think you guys have finished with the new gen?

4 minutes ago, raddevil said:

When will the seasons be implemented? :) I liked that idea a lot

Seasons are likely to be available on the release of Unova.

However, you'll need to be playing for a little while to be able to experience all of them.

1 minute ago, Darkshade said:

Seasons are likely to be available on the release of Unova.

However, you'll need to be playing for a little while to be able to experience all of them.

will they last like irl seasons or something like this?