[Story] of How a Moderator finessed me.

Kepler1

Backstory:

Almost everybody on the unranked OU battles these days have Venusaur. You'd be a fool to not have a good counter to those leechy, drainy, sleep inducing, plant dinosaurs. Well... I was one of those fools. 

Of course I was aware of this, so the first thing that came to mind was adding a pokemon to my team that would counter a Venu. I came to the decision that the best poke would be a Blaziken, because I needed fighting and fire coverage on my team anyway... 

How a moderator Finessed me:

I couldn't breed my own torchic. The only one I had was a "gift" and Pokemmo doesn't allow us to use gifts for breeding.

I could've bought one. But hey, I wanted to save money (30,000 for the lowest price female torchic? Hell no)

So if I can't breed my current torchic and don't want to spend 30k for another torchic what is my next best approach? Catch one

I flew to lavaridge town which was right next to route 112 where Torchics are suppose to appear (according to the Pokemmo Pokedex). I was excited as I leaped across the ledges that separated lavaridge and route 112. For I was about to catch a fire chicken, because I didn't have the chicken scratch to buy one. 

I saw Kizhaz (Moderator) standing in the middle of the patch of grass for which I was about to hunt in. He stood still wearing a pumpkin hat, silent as the dusclops that stood behind him.

I didn't want to bother him. So I let him be, and thus began my hunt for torchic. Machop, Numel, Machop, Numel, Numel, Marill... No torchic to be found. 

Half an hour passes... still no torchic. 

I decide articulate my problem to the chat... "Are the torchic extinct? it's been 30 minutes and I can't find a single one." No one is interested in helping me, no matter how much I uguued, and Kizhaz remained silent. 

I decide to take my ventures to channel 2. Perhaps it was a bug within the channel. 15 minutes pass and still... no torchic. I then decide to switch back to channel 1 and continue hunting.

By now, it's been a total of 1 hour. and finally I've had enough. I decided to bother Kizhaz, the moderator. 

Me: "Kizhaz you're stealing all the torchic aren't you."

Kizhaz: "Nope"

"The night is stealing them" 

I sat in my computer chair absolutely stunned... I thought to my self... this entire time I was hunting for torchic

Me: "Kizhaz how could you just stand there..." 

Kizhaz: "I didn't know what you were doing gosh"

Come on man... come on...

Me: "you were laughing weren't you... as I suffered looking for these chickens"

Kizhaz: "I'm a scarecrow"

"That's why there are no murkrow here"

.-.

TL;DR (edit) Was hunting for torchic for an hour. complained about not being able to find torchic. Mod was watching me the entire time and could've told me they don't appear at night. Didn't say until I asked them directly. Moderator makes joke

I mean I get that it's not a responsibility for Mods to help a player unless they're asked, but come on man .-. If I had known Torchics don't appear at night I'd have gone to sleep. 

Fortunately the wait was worth it though because when it was day time again, it took my 3rd encounter for me to find 1x31 HP Female torchic :D

But grr...Damn you kizhaz...damn you....

He ended up catching a shiny numel 30 minutes after my torchic find. 

(edit) I did not have visceral anger for (if anything this "anger" is just a joke Kizhaz). He watched me run around the grass while complaining how these torchic won't appear. But stayed silent the entire time until an hour after when he told me they don't appear at night. (after I joked about how he's "stealing all the torchic). Sorry if this poorly worded story caused misunderstandings. :/  

Edited by Kepler1
42 minutes ago, Kepler1 said:

TL;DR I could've saved an hour looking for torchic if a mod told me they don't appear at night time

I mean I get that it's not a responsibility for Mods to help a player unless they're asked, but come on man .-. If I had known Torchics don't appear at night I'd have gone to sleep. 

I mean, how exactly could have he known you were hunting Torchics? If anything it seems like Kitkat found it funny that you were hunting for nothing and just wanted to joke about it like he knew it all along. All I'm saying this for is because in this part you seem genuienly dissapointed towards Kitkat, idk could be that I just misintepreted the text.

48 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

I mean, how exactly could have he known you were hunting Torchics? If anything it seems like Kitkat found it funny that you were hunting for nothing and just wanted to joke about it like he knew it all along. All I'm saying this for is because in this part you seem genuienly dissapointed towards Kitkat, idk could be that I just misintepreted the text.

Ah sorry, I should've phrased the TL;DR better. I wasn't too disappointed I just found it funny that he knew I was looking for torchics but stayed silent until I asked him directly.