OU Tier Discussion Request Thread

Munya

• 2 weeks later...

Since we get get the assault vest update , is it possible to get back draco meteor on hydreigon ? 
And with the addition of the HA is it also possible to get the real power of outrage ? since our meta will probably make time to adapt with all these news stuff and our system of tiering with usage, we can test all the stuff that were previously banned/remove (hello wobbufet)

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

With the HA drops and the addition of Assault Vest, is there any thought to bringing back Draco Meteor on Hydreigon? I still feel Swords Dance Garchomp is just a nuke that has no answer but Draco might be possible to reintroduce. Thoughts?

Chomp now has to deal with Quagsire who is probably gonna become a Stall staple, I'd say test that one first.

As for right now, for SD garchomp we got mons like Unaware Quagsire/Clef. Sableye with Prankster. Ditto imposter/Weavile (pairing it with a teleport support). And ofc Serperior that at least can outspeed and potentionally revenge kill it.

For Hydreigon DMeteor, i really think the current AV users are terrible to handle Hydreigon Specs for example:

252 SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 100 HP / 156 SpD Assault Vest Mienshao: 130-154 (84.9 - 100.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO 

252 SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 132-156 (63.7 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

l`m more confident about SD garchomp then about adding back hydreigon with DMeteor.

l think we need to wait abit for more HA`s to be released

Edited by PoseidonWrath
55 minutes ago, suigin said:

Draco Hydrei will only stop being overwhelmingly strong when we get Latios or Latias to complain about their bullshit instead lol

Heatran + fairy type clefable ezpz

Why are we exactly discussing chomp SD/draco hydra exactly before the meta gets more stable? We havent even gotten all the HAs that they are releasing iirc

Just now, razimove said:

Heatran + fairy type clefable ezpz

Why are we exactly discussing chomp SD/draco hydra exactly before the meta gets more stable? We havent even gotten all the HAs that they are releasing iirc

Tbh chomp's issue was that stall/defensive players had to run hot garbage like umbreon to barely check it and there was nothing else they could do. Quag covers so much for defensive teams that surely there's no complains about SD being restored.

2 minutes ago, suigin said:

Tbh chomp's issue was that stall/defensive players had to run hot garbage like umbreon to barely check it and there was nothing else they could do. Quag covers so much for defensive teams that surely there's no complains about SD being restored.

I don't really agree. Chomp was an issue for all playsyles. Offense really had nothing to revenge kill it and stall had nothing to wall it. 

53 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I don't really agree. Chomp was an issue for all playsyles. Offense really had nothing to revenge kill it and stall had nothing to wall it. 

I disagree a bit, there were stuff able to revenge kill it, but not reliably, and some like scarf cloysters, were  being picked up to deal with it and also suicide leads, the main problem is that SD chomp has arguably no answers on the meta besides some obscure picks like umbreon. When it got on field it pressured too much through substitute, sd on a wall (which honestly.if people are going to use the teleport argument, it works both ways, he can also get on the field from a chansey tp), youd always be playing pressured by it. And no, ditto cant rko, Id have to calc but weavile isnt a fool proof answer either assuming 2 spear hits on sub chomp probably (gotta calc this one, mobile rn), it would still be problematic nowadays and force stall to run quagsire, or back to obscure picks like umbreon

Edited by razimove
Edit:deleted part of what I wrote somehow

I think if we still arguing with "we just need to wait before all HA are released " we will get stuck for a good moment.
SD chomp is broken but one the main argument wasnt because of sand vail iirc ?
Specs hydreigon is absolutly a strong mon in our OU meta but is it really broken ? i mean it can easily be revenge killed by a lot of things 
i dont have problem to see both coming back in OU but if chomp can still run sand vail im against the return of SD on him

ps: i hope we wont forget to ban serperior

1 hour ago, AwaXGoku said:

I think if we still arguing with "we just need to wait before all HA are released " we will get stuck for a good moment.
Specs hydreigon is absolutly a strong mon in our OU meta but is it really broken ? i mean it can easily be revenge killed by a lot of things 
i dont have problem to see both coming back in OU but if chomp can still run sand vail im against the return of SD on him

Dude... Now with infiltrator crobat we can't use subseed. Imposter Ditto is now fixed.... We have more tools to deal with Serp, so WHY STILL INSIST ON BAN HIM?

4 hours ago, AwaXGoku said:

Sand veil was and still is part of chomp problems, but that being said, chomp is almost a jack of all trades, even in gen8 where sand veil has no usage, chomp is still relevant, and able to answer stuff like urshifus etc. Good offensive movepool and decent supportive movepool too. The problem itself was SD and how hard it was to effectively deal with it post SD, you'd have to sac something to get a revenge killer in generally speaking. Too much offensive pressure on its own with SD.

Im also unsure if a serp ban is needed, but id love to see serp being somehow tweaked with.

3 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Dude... Now with infiltrator crobat we can't use subseed. Imposter Ditto is now fixed.... We have more tools to deal with Serp, so WHY STILL INSIST ON BAN HIM?

Cause neither of those really do shit vs serp long term, serp has a whole rng layer that makes him broken, subseed wasnt really a thing ever, niche set, decent, but niche. Its generally glare +3 attacks, glare/sub+2 attacks. Crobat does help a lot with dealing with him, or even golbat which might be more reliable depending on the match up, but they dont solve the problem as a whole, you gotta rely on stuff like having a teleport user, to safely get bat in etc.

Edited by razimove
Typos
1 hour ago, gbwead said:

Sand Veil was irrelevant. Garchomp SD was broken even when Sand Veil was disabled. Please stop with the revisionist history and the sheep talk regarding every single uncompetitive aspect in this game. It's not constructive and it's getting old.

Just because it was something you didn't experience as you were tinkering with Weezing and Mandibuzz instead of playing offense it doesn't mean it didn't happen (it also happens to this day after SD got removed). Both aspects made the Pokemon busted.

1 hour ago, suigin said:

Just because it was something you didn't experience as you were tinkering with Weezing and Mandibuzz instead of playing offense it doesn't mean it didn't happen (it also happens to this day after SD got removed). Both aspects made the Pokemon busted.

I play every playstyle and Sand Veil, even though it can be annoying, had no meaningful impact in making Garchomp uber at any point in time. When Garchomp lost SD and Sand Veil got reactivated, Garchomp was considered S tier, but never banworthy. That's because Sand Veil is annoying, but meaningless. 

I'm personally fine with Garchomp SD being retested. However, if it gets retested, please don't pollute tier discussions with Sand Veil non sense. Sand Veil is bad and it should not be discussed in the competitive alley. 

I believe there are great arguments to get Sand Veil removed from a game design perspective since it would make the game more enjoyable for everyone, but in no point in time was Sand Veil ever busted in PokeMMO PvP or required tiering intervention.

Edited by gbwead