OU Tier Discussion Request Thread

Munya

People complain a lot about the problems we have on meta and talk that they got ignored and keep asking to solutions to the problems we have. Why TC and Munya didn't resolved that?Basically they don't know how they could start resolving the problem. Because isn't one problem that we have:

• Now we have cases of mons limted to events and HAs on that same case. Shaymin is a exclusive from LNY. Amoongus' HA will not come back outside of event and their viability on OU is carried by their HA. So how handle with those type of mon? Voting their movement if was below cut-off?
  • Every tier in complete chaos. HA scrambled all tiers. is a akward situation to TC. They will try to fix it or is more worthy to just reset all of him and try to rebuild it?
  • PP recovery nerfed. Some people says that stall got more affected, other says balanced but all of us need to agreed: Every archetype that aren't Hyper or Bulky Offense(That rarely uses 5 PP recovery) got destroyed by updates and are struggling to survive right now. Maked Regen more spammed and a problem. Killed or harshly reduced the viability of some mons(aka crit-me-not sweepers like Reuniclus and Sigilphy). The impact is notable.
  • Danger of HDB come to game. Some people found the item on game code. it will come and basically will make some mons OUT OF CONTROL like Volcarona on OU but also Yanmega on UU. TC will need to deal with that eventually.
  • Usage-system review(for mons not affected by the first problem of getting limited by themsevelves or their HA that are basically their only useful ability, get limited too). This is asked for a long time. Now with over 80 HA avaliable, they need to hurry and shift the cut-offs to reduce movements, in order to reduce the chaos that happens on lower tiers.

Isn't a single problem right now. They need to resolve and think on Multiple things now and they're getting pressured by that. That's why(most probablly) we aren't getting answered about anything that I'm mentioned, the pressure both on Munya and on Tier Council, they just wish to resolve first to not give any promisse and become uncapable of finish it later.

(Is evident that, because they dodge or ignore the questions about a problem that got mentioned 15 times before. If they wish to do a solution, they want a confirm that will happen.)

All we need to have right now is patience. Stop pressuring TC and let they calmy analyze what would be the best thing to do first.

Edited by caioxlive13
17 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

People complain a lot about the problems we have on meta and talk that they got ignored and keep asking to solutions to the problems we have. Why TC and Munya didn't resolved that?Basically they don't know how they could start resolving the problem. Because isn't one problem that we have:

• Now we have cases of mons limted to events and HAs on that same case. Shaymin is a exclusive from LNY. Amoongus' HA will not come back outside of event and their viability on OU is carried by their HA. So how handle with those type of mon? Voting their movement if was below cut-off?
  • Every tier in complete chaos. HA scrambled all tiers. is a akward situation to TC. They will try to fix it or is more worthy to just reset all of him and try to rebuild it?
  • PP recovery nerfed. Some people says that stall got more affected, other says balanced but all of us need to agreed: Every archetype that aren't Hyper or Bulky Offense(That rarely uses 5 PP recovery) got destroyed by updates and are struggling to survive right now. Maked Regen more spammed and a problem. Killed or harshly reduced the viability of some mons(aka crit-me-not sweepers like Reuniclus and Sigilphy). The impact is notable.
  • Danger of HDB come to game. Some people found the item on game code. it will come and basically will make some mons OUT OF CONTROL like Volcarona on OU but also Yanmega on UU. TC will need to deal with that eventually.
  • Usage-system review(for mons not affected by the first problem of getting limited by themsevelves or their HA that are basically their only useful ability, get limited too). This is asked for a long time. Now with over 80 HA avaliable, they need to hurry and shift the cut-offs to reduce movements, in order to reduce the chaos that happens on lower tiers.

Isn't a single problem right now. They need to resolve and think on Multiple things now and they're getting pressured by that. That's why(most probablly) we aren't getting answered about anything that I'm mentioned, the pressure both on Munya and on Tier Council, they just wish to resolve first to not give any promisse and become uncapable of finish it later.

(Is evident that, because they dodge or ignore the questions about a problem that got mentioned 15 times before. If they wish to do a solution, they want a confirm that will happen.)

All we need to have right now is patience. Stop pressuring TC and let they calmy analyze what would be the best thing to do first.

Have you thought of running for mayor bro?

19 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Calming the situation to you and other TC members.

No you're not, you're copying what other people say, claiming it as your own thought, and making the situation worse.

The truth of the matter is that Regenerator is here to stay, it isn't broken but does make the OU tier much more centralized for the time being. The PP nerf is also a permanent addition and can't be reversed unless the devs decide to backtrack, which I've never seen. Canon is canon and that's just how it is unfortunately for some.

And to tackle the idea of splitting the tiers, changing usage metrics, etc, discussion is ongoing but with the introduction of several HA's pretty much every 3 months, we've been in a state where drastic changes are unrealistic given the fact that we can't assess what we currently have. Now with legendary mons coming, I fear things will be the same unless we continue the trend of getting just one every big event (so slowww).

Y'all gonna have to be patient on this.

This post is copyrighted and any use by caioxlive13 will result in an official report with the anticipated charge of 1M per word copied.

2 hours ago, Munya said:

Lets get back to and stay on topic please and ty.

The changes we are complaining about were implemented despite multiple warnings from the player base. The discussion right now doesn't lead to anything because we have no clue why these changes were implemented in the first place. We need the feedback of whoever was in charge of making those changes. Why did they happen? What did they expect? Do they recognize the changes to our metagame as problems or not? Why our concerns are not taken into account? Are we not communicating them properly?

I ask these questions because in order for the discussion to go anywhere we need to know what is going on. Should we discuss ways to convince you that the metagame is problematic? Or are you already convinced and we should discuss potential solutions to these problems? What are the variables?

Edited by gbwead
2 hours ago, gbwead said:

Los cambios de los que nos quejamos se implementaron a pesar de las múltiples advertencias de la base de jugadores. La discusión en este momento no conduce a nada porque no tenemos idea de por qué se implementaron estos cambios en primer lugar. Necesitamos los comentarios de quienquiera que haya estado a cargo de hacer esos cambios. ¿Por qué sucedieron? ¿Qué esperaban? ¿Reconocen los cambios en nuestro metajuego como problemas o no? ¿Por qué nuestras preocupaciones no son tenidas en cuenta? ¿No los estamos comunicando correctamente?

Hago estas preguntas porque para que la discusión vaya a alguna parte, necesitamos saber qué está pasando. ¿Deberíamos discutir formas de convencerte de que el metajuego es problemático? ¿O ya está convencido y deberíamos discutir posibles soluciones a estos problemas? ¿Cuáles son las variables?

Sencillamente opino cosas contraria a lo que decis la razon del nerfeo se necesitaba hace rato antes solo se observan team lleno de 6 wall Claro ejemplo madarasixsix un jugador que solo llevava walls en la mayoria de casos y estoy de acuerdo con ese nerfeo ahora ya no se ven esos tipos de teams como lo debe ser y como a sido el meta en los juegos originales y actuales este nerfeo nos beneficia indirectamente a todos o al contrario.

On 2/21/2023 at 12:43 AM, GodobitoFF said:

Sencillamente opino cosas contraria a lo que decis la razon del nerfeo se necesitaba hace rato antes solo se observan team lleno de 6 wall Claro ejemplo madarasixsix un jugador que solo llevava walls en la mayoria de casos y estoy de acuerdo con ese nerfeo ahora ya no se ven esos tipos de teams como lo debe ser y como a sido el meta en los juegos originales y actuales este nerfeo nos beneficia indirectamente a todos o al contrario.

Well, i'm neutral about this. Even when i used Scizor Roost + SD, i rarely used the 10 PP i had at the time, maximum is 6-8. Now i don't use recovery moves except Giga Drain on Volca and Serperior. I really doesn't get affected by update at all. Only leaved matchup vs fat teams even more favorable to me.

About metagaming, stall now needs recovering abilities otherwise the chances of winning are low. And since teams would be simmilar, counters from they will appear anytime and they will disappear from the map being rarely seen. All remaining archetypes, like other player sayed, do not use more than 3 recoverys per match(If uses. Some teams don't have even recovery moves). So only stallers got destroyed. Without stall, only matchup affected was Balanced vs Hyper offense, because now Balanced cannot hold on anymore, too much pressure than before, and since some teams are extremelly aggressive, it would be breaked soon or later. Regen cores wouldn't help. Because they're very simmilar. Now they works but eventually some offensive cores to break it will be found. Psychic mons for example, can scare both regen users and starmie is able to scare off Mienshao, Amoongus and Gliscor(All mons with regen abilites(regenerator or poison heal) and also Breloom but they get used more with Technician than Poison Heal) because they can't hit starmie without taking a stab supereffective/4x dmg(in case of Gliscor vs Ice Beam Starmie) as a answer. So a lot of Hyper Offense teams used it. Otherwise, nothing really changed.

(On previous paragraph i didn't talked because it was a metagaming analysis but on this quote i give my opinion: Loved it. Weakened walls, no longer stall and slow matches.)

Edited by caioxlive13
On 11/27/2017 at 4:32 AM, Takens said:

I would like to call a ban on Mamoswine since there's no way to stop him it's too much for this meta without the roost tutor on skarm. 
reasons: i mean you can 2 hit ko any physical wall, it has really good bulkyness with no hp invested, there's nothing to stop it without losing 1 or 2 pokes.

252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 390-470 (92.8 - 111.9%) -- approx. 68.8% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 224-265 (63.6 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Milotic: 196-231 (49.7 - 58.6%) -- 71.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 195-235 (58.3 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Jellicent: 211-250 (52.2 - 61.8%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 430-505 (102.1 - 119.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Well if u ban mamo then ha dragonite will just go on a rampagage after 2 ddance there's only a few pokemons from which dragonite fearn one of them being mamoswine it's a terrible decision to make mamoswine banned and i think they should focus more on bringing some nice ha offensive mons not anyway asking for ha blazken tho as it's overpowered anyways I guess mamo should never be banned and jolly is preferred over adamant on mamo tho and mostly mamos are just wall breakers u can just ohko it with a mienshao Or staraptor so no need to fear it just treat mamo as an offensive mon and deal with it 

1 hour ago, SuryaKumarYadav said:

Well if u ban mamo then ha dragonite will just go on a rampagage after 2 ddance there's only a few pokemons from which dragonite fearn one of them being mamoswine it's a terrible decision to make mamoswine banned and i think they should focus more on bringing some nice ha offensive mons not anyway asking for ha blazken tho as it's overpowered anyways I guess mamo should never be banned and jolly is preferred over adamant on mamo tho and mostly mamos are just wall breakers u can just ohko it with a mienshao Or staraptor so no need to fear it just treat mamo as an offensive mon and deal with it 

bro his post is from 6 years ago

k

12 hours ago, gbwead said:

Reminder that OU is horrible. The problems have been described and analyzed. Solutions were presented. Why is nothing being done? Seriously, what is taking so long? 

If we want to reach on some place, then we need to list all problems and offer solutions in order that they must take place. We have more than 1 problem and not exclusive to OU. We have regen cores that are a painful task to Balanced/Stalls/Semistall to break(offensives adapted themselves and are using Starmie to check both regens), PP nerf that breaked a part of balanced(some players says that for balanced are fine the situation because they don't use more than 3 PP Recovery per match, stall got more f... ), also the unstable usage system that gets worse for every new good HA that comes. We need to list all problems together and offer a solution for they, in order to be solved, and don't rush TC, just watch closely the actions.

16 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

k

If we want to reach on some place, then we need to list all problems and offer solutions in order that they must take place. We have more than 1 problem and not exclusive to OU. We have regen cores that are a painful task to Balanced/Stalls/Semistall to break(offensives adapted themselves and are using Starmie to check both regens), PP nerf that breaked a part of balanced(some players says that for balanced are fine the situation because they don't use more than 3 PP Recovery per match, stall got more f... ), also the unstable usage system that gets worse for every new good HA that comes. We need to list all problems together and offer a solution for they, in order to be solved, and don't rush TC, just watch closely the actions.

Everything that had to be said was already discussed. There is no point in repeating ourselves. The staff in charge of PvP just need to do their job.