UU Tier Discussion Request Thread

Munya

Please stay on topic both of you.  I won't be changing it as it would require revisiting the subject I feel, and at this point I really, really, don't want to open that can of worms back up.  If you strongly disagree with the assessment take note of it and keep it in mind for the future at any point we try and bring it back down, if that ever happens.  But by then the ban reason may not even be relevant anymore.

3 hours ago, Munya said:

Please stay on topic both of you.  I won't be changing it as it would require revisiting the subject I feel, and at this point I really, really, don't want to open that can of worms back up.  If you strongly disagree with the assessment take note of it and keep it in mind for the future at any point we try and bring it back down, if that ever happens.  But by then the ban reason may not even be relevant anymore.

If what I am saying is off topic, please tell me in which thread I am allowed to discuss the issue I brought up.

Edited by gbwead

JJ was more at fault than you yes and he has been reprimanded for it. This is the thread for that discussion but I don't see the point in changing the ruling.

I have hidden the off topic posts minus these 2 which I will be doing later.

1 hour ago, Munya said:

JJ was more at fault than you yes and he has been reprimanded for it. This is the thread for that discussion but I don't see the point in changing the ruling.

I have hidden the off topic posts minus these 2 which I will be doing later.

I'm not asking for the ruling to change, simply for the ruling to be explained. 

The following text explains perfectly why P2 is banned as Defensive Uber. 

"In a tier without Metagross and Heracross, Porygon2 cannot be countered in any consistent form by any of the offensive Pokemon the tier provides. This coupled with the fact Porygon2 is able to repeatedly exert pressure in the field by safely switching against large part of the tier as well makes it way too good for the current tier."

However, there is absolutely no mention of P2 wallbreaking and sweeping through a vast portion of the tier, so how did P2 fit Offensive Uber Characteristics exactly? 

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Huargensy said:

What's your opinion on the duggy pz / Yanmega combo?

people play that core ? i feel like its good vss stall/balanaced team but when it face offense its pretty much dead. since you just spam wallbreakers what obv is good vs stall/balanaced team. i think that core isn't really a problem but porygon itself is. 

28 minutes ago, Quinn010 said:
28 minutes ago, Quinn010 said:

people play that core ? i feel like its good vss stall/balanaced team but when it face offense its pretty much dead. since you just spam wallbreakers what obv is good vs stall/balanaced team. i think that core isn't really a problem but porygon itself is. 

Not so much, usually empoleon is the answer to yanmega on offenses, but with a turn and a trio this flies, after that there is not much response, crobat cannot enter that well, and even so you have 4 free spaces to counter the following rival mons (not to mention that yanmega speed boost is good vs offense), also in any case it is dead weight vs offense, we are not obliged to always play that, Yanmega was always a powerful attacker, but at least he had to control , duggy eliminates things like gigalith / empoleon / snorlax / tentacruel, while empoleon and gigalith are rocks setters, it means that yanmega without these would have more opportunity to pivot and hit, in addition, they will have a move that brings dugtrio automatically (u pull) the same with pz
But without the ability to pivot, which if it is already a threat, eliminating empo and giga is even more so, putting something broken with something that eliminates the small number of responses it has seems to me a problem.

Edited by Huargensy
6 hours ago, Quinn010 said:

i think that core isn't really a problem but porygon itself is

True but also dellusional. If a mon that was checked by so little viable walls such as PZ didn't exist, ofc these types of team wouldn't be that good.

However, Dugtrio is also problematic in Dugtrio + Teleport / slow Uturn or Baton Pass strategy (in defensive builds), and it is also problematic even on setup spam teams such as Screens.

Porygon-Z should be considered for voting by TC, but Dugtrio should already be gone. Ty ?

Edited by TohnR
1 hour ago, BuurmanJuan said:

Why is haxorus in OU and not UU? Not arguing just curious, I'm pretty new to PvP.

Haxorus seems completely useless in OU with like 30% win rate. 

From what I'm aware, Haxorus is the worst Dragon Pokemon in OU and its usage says that, however it's been previously tested once or maybe more, with the decision concluding that it's too powerful to be in UU.

There may be a much newer version, but hopefully the page below gives you more information as to why certain Pokemon are borderline (BL):

We really need to evaluate if MMO's tiering standards (cutoff %to move up or down, etc) are doing our meta good.. how is it gonna be possible that a mon (Slowbro, for example) changes tiers every now and then without it getting any buff/nerf? That's pretty insane 

E: Players with a lot of resources probably will not care, but this should affect players with low resources a lot. Imagine they breed a team for NU and it just moves up a month later 

Edited by LeJovi