UU Tier Discussion Request Thread

Munya

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/26/2018 at 5:52 PM, Bomberfox said:

First, excuse me for my poor English, I use Google Translate ^^

I propose to ban Torkoal tier UU, because the climate in general is too abused in this tier, as the rain. Let's leave it all in the OU domain. Of course, before being a suggestion, it is a request, so I ask you what do you think about it O:)

Oh well, as if by chance, it set me on fire at the time, and now he's OU tier, what is this magic? ? 
Yes, I was passing by by chance. ?
 Hi @RysPicz @razimove

Edited by Bomberfox
1 hour ago, Bomberfox said:

Oh well, as if by chance, it set me on fire at the time, and now he's OU tier, what is this magic? ? 
Yes, I was passing by by chance. ?
 Hi @RysPicz @razimove

Are you seriously quoting yourself from FOUR YEARS AGO to prove your point and show that you were right how OP Torkoal is? You know you are making yourself look absolutely ridiculous, right? Unless it's a troll for which I fell

10 hours ago, RysPicz said:

Are you seriously quoting yourself from FOUR YEARS AGO to prove your point and show that you were right how OP Torkoal is? You know you are making yourself look absolutely ridiculous, right? Unless it's a troll for which I fell

Haha, ever so condescending. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed in 5 years, even with the arrival of Sinnoh, weather affected 4g pokemon were present in the META, so my arguments back then are as relevant as they are today . Still don't see the problem? Not to agree is one thing, to fire with misunderstanding is another. It's just curious to see how things evolve, and I just wanted to indicate that. Look at yourself, even here, now, you're allowing yourself to be condescending. You and your buddies make the strategist community look very bad, on PokéMMO and everywhere else, and it shows in the game. It was the same with the Wobbuffet. Nevertheless, good luck to you, hoping that PokéMMO will evolve for the better, because from what I could see, there are still things to save.

On 4/15/2022 at 3:58 PM, Bomberfox said:

Torkoal wasn't banned from UU it is currently OU by usage and will definitely return to UU whenever it is not used as much anymore
Torkoal isn't problematic in UU either

(Besides the whole tier did change multiple times since 4 years ago, how clueless can you be ?)

Edited by TohnR
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Opinions on Empoleon right now?  Looking at its OU usage it might move up, but it might not. If it doesn't is what I am curious about thoughts for, same for machamp but it hasn't seen the same meteoric rise to the above 40% usage rate very few things ever see.

11 hours ago, Munya said:

Opinions on Empoleon right now?  Looking at its OU usage it might move up, but it might not. If it doesn't is what I am curious about thoughts for, same for machamp but it hasn't seen the same meteoric rise to the above 40% usage rate very few things ever see.

will you guys look at pz again if empoleon leave the tier ? 

13 hours ago, Munya said:

Empoleon is really really good and valuable but it is also a way in for some good threats in the tier. It will go up for sure, but in the case it doesn't it's not meta breaking nor overpowered. About Machamp if people look at the games and use it or play against it they will realise that it is also a good Pokemon but nowhere near BL material aswell. It can be handled with various ways and it is also easy to revenge kill

2 hours ago, Umbramol said:

Empoleon is really really good and valuable but it is also a way in for some good threats in the tier. It will go up for sure, but in the case it doesn't it's not meta breaking nor overpowered. About Machamp if people look at the games and use it or play against it they will realise that it is also a good Pokemon but nowhere near BL material aswell. It can be handled with various ways and it is also easy to revenge kill

I think that the fact that it's pretty much forced to run Shed Shell as it gets trapped by both Magnezone and Dugtrio isn't really helping with it's viability in OU, but again I don't have any experience. Still waiting for a bigger, more competitively relevant update

42 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I think that the fact that it's pretty much forced to run Shed Shell as it gets trapped by both Magnezone and Dugtrio isn't really helping with it's viability in OU, but again I don't have any experience. Still waiting for a bigger, more competitively relevant update

Having roost helps a lot with this problem and that's why people run it.. they can take the hit they want to take, heal and pivot out. And that's why people have started to run it more. I don't expect it to have like 20% usage or something but it has good uses in OU.

1 hour ago, RysPicz said:

Empo is pretty useful against rain as it is only really scared about kabutops superpower and pretty much resists any other main rain mon attacks/can stall them out with roost, so it will definitely have its uses on teams. Plus it has scald in rain to threaten potential tops switchins as well which things like blissey/chansey struggle to do

Edited by Onraider
21 hours ago, Quinn010 said:

will you guys look at pz again if empoleon leave the tier ? 

Yes. P-Z is currently the only offensive mon being used out of the 7 most common Pokemon used by stage4+ players. Gotta ban it. How dare we have the audacity to have an offensive pokemon share the same spotlight as 6 other wall/supportlike comrades?

Either way, because this is the UU discussion thread, a few notes why I personally believe Empoleon is problematic in the tier:

- First of all stall teams are vastly dominating the UU meta in unhealthy ways (Crobat has 60.7% usage in all stage 4+ UU battles. Empoleon comes second with 46,4%. Porygon-z is the only offensive Pokemon in the bunch with 30,4% usage and Machamp/Krookodile are the most used offensive Pokemon that come next, sharing the 8th position at 20,5% usage. (The other Pokemon are, in order, Rotom-H (Which is mostly used as a bulky pivot) - Bronzong - Flygon (Mostly used sepcially defensive in these battles) and Spiritomb. 

- Unlike every other defensive Pokemon in the tier there are almost no offensive pokemon that can effectively switch on Empoleon (And the very few that do are rendered useless to Crobat). This creates an environment where, unlike before, Stallbreakers cannot come and pressure the enemy stall team, except they are forced to eventually come if they want to break said team, risking dying in the process.

- Again, unlike every other defensive Pokemon in the tier, Empoleon doesn't care much about Taunt. Worse, it can be even used in stall teams to sponge most taunt users in the tier.

In short, by eliminating, or minimizing, the arguably 2 biggest weaknesses in any stall team, Empoleon has made unbalancedly strong for the tier.

As a relevant note, the sample used contains 56 stage4+ teams, which I admit is a low sample, but it is currently impossible to spectate further matches. I will, however, keep the numbers updated once a new UU tournament comes.

Lastly: Why do I consider late rounds usage more accurate than the overall usage? Simply because plenty of not as experienced players that participate in the first rounds dilute the usage with not as relevant team compositions.

• 3 weeks later...

With Venusaur's and Serperior's HA and Torkoal being added to UU I think we need to add Bouffalant to UU. Pairing up with Gastrodon and his ability Sap Sipper, switching him at the right time can not all save Gastrodon from a fatal move but also increase his already high atk. Not only is his Sap Sipper great but he can also use Cotton Guard, which can help tank all but two fighting moves (aurasphere and vacccuum wave will be his kryptonite). 

Currently my Bouffalants moveset is:

- Head Smash (STAB)

- Zen headbutt (for Venusaur + fighting types)

- Earthquake (for Torkoal + coverage)

- Cotton Guard

Adamant Nature

EV's: 252 HP (more HP = more head smashes)

And of course 252 Attack

Side note: ANY grass type move works on Sap Sipper. Had someone trying to use Sleep powder on me and wasn't paying attention, thinking he missed the first one, ended up boosting my attack by +2.

Edit: Body slam is a good alternative to head smash since it's stab and can paralyze. He honestly has an excellent move pool having Retaliate, Amnesia, Swords Dance, lots of hard hitters, ect...

He can also be paired with Swampert as well.

Edited by RoseFunera1
2 hours ago, RoseFunera1 said:

With Venusaur's and Serperior's HA and Torkoal being added to UU I think we need to add Bouffalant to UU. Pairing up with Gastrodon and his ability Sap Sipper, switching him at the right time can not all save Gastrodon from a fatal move but also increase his already high atk. Not only is his Sap Sipper great but he can also use Cotton Guard, which can help tank all but two fighting moves (aurasphere and vacccuum wave will be his kryptonite). 

Venu and serperior are more than likely getting banned to OU/OUBL.

1 hour ago, epicdavenport said:

Venu and serperior are more than likely getting banned to OU/OUBL.

I don't see why they would, they can both be easily countered with Pokemon within UU and I don't see them being able to take on many Pokemon within OU. Also with Torkoal now in UU, Venusaur is now dangerous, without Torkoal he won't make it in OU. Serperior isn't much of a threat to an adamant Crobat with acrobatics. I think UU is the perfect place for all these Pokemon but also think with their additions to UU, Bouffalant can finally be viable.

I've swept 3 teams already while a few people just straight up forfeited. Bouffalant can definitely hold his own in UU.