UU Tier Discussion Request Thread

Munya

25 minutes ago, RoseFunera1 said:

I don't see why they would, they can both be easily countered with Pokemon within UU and I don't see them being able to take on many Pokemon within OU. Also with Torkoal now in UU, Venusaur is now dangerous, without Torkoal he won't make it in OU. Serperior isn't much of a threat to an adamant Crobat with acrobatics. I think UU is the perfect place for all these Pokemon but also think with their additions to UU, Bouffalant can finally be viable.

I've swept 3 teams already while a few people just straight up forfeited. Bouffalant can definitely hold his own in UU.

This is purely from talk I've seen and mentions of the TC. Torkoal would probably move up too. Along with Espeon.

Edit: when I get home from work I can also provide some better argument to why bouff may not be great in UU as well instead of just hearsay.

Edited by epicdavenport
  • 2 months later...

Dugtrio does the exact same thing in all tiers. Can we please stop this idiotic talk that Dugtrio needs to be banned in UU? Dugtrio needs to be banned everywhere or no where.

I have said this over and over in so many threads in the past year. However, TC decided to ban Dugtrio only in UU, not OU. Apparently, based on asinine logic, Dugtrio acted differently in UU. Apparently, Dugtrio is more uncompetitive in UU than OU because Dugtrio was able to trap PZ main "counter", Empoleon.

Well, Empoleon and Porygon-Z are gone. So what is the excuse for Dugtrio for not getting banned in all tiers or getting unbanned in UU. What's the justification for Dugtrio being banned in UU and not OU? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 2:54 AM, Munya said:

The Alakazam and Machamp suspect tests will be ending with neither of them banned from their current tiers, Feraligatr suspect will continue.

4 hours ago, PuffingBear said:

when does a call get made on machamp i want to know if i should breed one or not :'D 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Munya said:

The discussion you are prompting me to is about salamence alone and if it is too much for the tier. I am trying to discuss UU as a whole. I just named salamence there as the most notable change in this month for the meta. 

Though I can if you like, jump to this thread and give my opinion about salamence alone.

On 12/17/2022 at 9:07 AM, Umbramol said:

The discussion you are prompting me to is about salamence alone and if it is too much for the tier. I am trying to discuss UU as a whole. I just named salamence there as the most notable change in this month for the meta. 

Though I can if you like, jump to this thread and give my opinion about salamence alone.

The three mons that would drop this month are Staraptor, Ludicolo and Mence. Ludicolo are irrelevant because of same reason that Stoutland aren't relevant on NU anymore: Can't do a ... without their weather. Staraptor taked the most fastest ban of MMO, that aren't treated as a "quickban". So, salamence is the only relevant mon that entered on UU metagaming.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2023 at 4:23 PM, SweeTforU said:

Mence on paper seems far worse, yet it dropped and was actually manageable. We really think haxorus is better than mence? I doubt. Think it's time to make some unused ou mons shine.

No, isn't a good idea drop haxorus. Currently on UU the best answer to any Dragon is Bronzong. Bronzong can resist to any Dragon stab, and with Levitate can't be hit by EQ, forcing dragons to run special sets or go to more weak fire-type physical moves, and mence's Physical stat is better than special, so isn't the most optimal version of it, also same logic apply to Special Variants of Flygon. Haxorus have Mold Breaker, and if he uses 1 DD and opposing bronzong aren't +def = death. I've calculated it: +1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Bronzong: 180-214 (103.4 - 122.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And even with maximum def possible, you're still in serious troubles: +1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Bronzong: 136-160 (78.1 - 91.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.

We need to take onto consideration that Haxorus's speed (97) would be one of highest on UU, and their Atk is the third highest on the game, behind Slaking and Rampardos(Both useless in 90% of cases) with 147 Attack base.

Edited by caioxlive13
  • 2 months later...
38 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Please take pory2 back to OU where it belongs, I don't wanna make another long post about how it can switch in on half of the tier and then hit really fukn hard with hax attack/ coverage or w/e, all that has been said about it during previous discussion still applies

You dont like a tier where a mon that has over 25% usage has 57%+ winrate despite this number being dropped down due to mirror matches?