[Tutorial] How to make Music Mod - Johto WIP

On 2/13/2022 at 12:31 PM, Clovissssss said:

I made a small personal mod to make my experience in the game more comfortable ?
However, I feel a drop in performance exactly where the soundtracks are altered. do you know how i can fix this?
The songs I use are OGG files, because the MP3s weren't working, and they don't exceed 5mb

I get the same issue, tried several music mods already available here on the forum and I still get stuttering when transitioning from one zone to another.

I have a 2021 M1 Macbook Pro, the game runs at >700 fps with no fps cap, so I doubt there's an hardware bottleneck.

On 13/02/2022 at 15:29, budadeth said:

qual o tamanho total do mod? também pode ser o seu PC que não aguenta, talvez seu OGG tenha muita qualidade ou talvez você tenha muitas músicas no mod, tente usar uma única música para ver se a performance cai ou não, depois adicione música por música e confira o que está fazendo o desempenho cair

the mod is extremely light, the songs are not very big
orchestra tracks with 3 minutes at most, and they don't exceed 5mb
and the whole mod hasless than 10 songs

• 2 weeks later...

In fact, I already know all the code IDs of the sound and run it perfectly on the computer (except flash sound, no sound). But how do these sounds work on Android? I try to set it to MP3 or Ogg. When compressing, I chose storage, but their loading prompt failed.

3 hours ago, noty said:

In fact, I already know all the code IDs of the sound and run it perfectly on the computer (except flash sound, no sound). But how do these sounds work on Android? I try to set it to MP3 or Ogg. When compressing, I chose storage, but their loading prompt failed.

If you are trying to make the mod from Android, you can't, you need a PC with to proper codecs for OGG, if not use it that what won't work

3 hours ago, noty said:

Compress the .zip but change the .zip on the name to .mod

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, SotaShadow said:

Are music mods just not working on Android? I've tried several mods and none of them worked. Same result just no music loading at all. Only sound effects (like mon cries at start of battle) work after a successful mod import.

Hi,

There's one minor difference in the mod creation to make it compatible for android.

If the mod works for pc but not android, it's probably the modder's responsibility to configure it properly.

in short, compression format needs to be 'store' instead of 'normal' to make it android compatible:

wRqSpT2.png

if you can't contact the creator of the mod to update it for android, you could consider extracting the zip and re-compressing it with this method for your personal use.

4 hours ago, SotaShadow said:

Are music mods just not working on Android? I've tried several mods and none of them worked. Same result just no music loading at all. Only sound effects (like mon cries at start of battle) work after a successful mod import.

also what eggplant says I believe it has also to be named as .mod not .zip

On 5/13/2022 at 4:29 PM, Eggplant said:

Hi,

There's one minor difference in the mod creation to make it compatible for android.

If the mod works for pc but not android, it's probably the modder's responsibility to configure it properly.

in short, compression format needs to be 'store' instead of 'normal' to make it android compatible:

wRqSpT2.png

if you can't contact the creator of the mod to update it for android, you could consider extracting the zip and re-compressing it with this method for your personal use.

On 5/13/2022 at 4:56 PM, budadeth said:

also what eggplant says I believe it has also to be named as .mod not .zip

I've tried what you both have suggested and it just will not work. After getting through import issues the mod is in the client but end result is still the same. All music sound is disabled. At a loss as to what else to try. For extra context the ones I've downloaded do work on my pc version. 

17 minutes ago, SotaShadow said:

I've tried what you both have suggested and it just will not work. After getting through import issues the mod is in the client but end result is still the same. All music sound is disabled. At a loss as to what else to try. For extra context the ones I've downloaded do work on my pc version. 

What's the extension of your sound files?

It's possible that android requires .ogg and not .mp3, or vice versa, idk the specifics.

9 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

What's the extension of your sound files?

It's possible that android requires .ogg and not .mp3, or vice versa, idk the specifics.

They are in .ogg would you recommend converting them to .mp3 then retrying the zip?

On 5/15/2022 at 9:50 PM, SotaShadow said:

PM'd you.

Thank you for waiting.

I installed the mod you sent on both pc and android.

Sure enough, it actually works fine on both platforms.

I imagine the issue might be improperly importing the mod or something?

Or maybe your ingame volume setting or phone media volume is just muted?

16 hours ago, Eggplant said:

Thank you for waiting.

I installed the mod you sent on both pc and android.

Sure enough, it actually works fine on both platforms.

I imagine the issue might be improperly importing the mod or something?

Or maybe your ingame volume setting or phone media volume is just muted?

Weird and you just only downloaded without doing anything to the mod?

Not sure how I could be improperly importing. I've only been using the built in import feature of the client and it did come into the client properly with a successful import. It's just music stops working after the import. Pretty much only haven't tried directly placing the file from pc to android device. I don't believe it's a volume setting thing because as soon as I disable the mod without touching any other settings the default music is restored and does play unlike the mod. 

11 minutes ago, SotaShadow said:

Weird and you just only downloaded without doing anything to the mod?

Not sure how I could be improperly importing. I've only been using the built in import feature of the client and it did come into the client properly with a successful import. It's just music stops working after the import. Pretty much only haven't tried directly placing the file from pc to android device. I don't believe it's a volume setting thing because as soon as I disable the mod without touching any other settings the default music is restored and does play unlike the mod. 

Yeah. I downloaded it on my phone directly from the link you sent, and then used ingame mod manager to grab it from my downloads folder.

I didn't modify it, it didn't even go through my pc.

Since it works for me but not for you, i can say confidently it's not an issue with the mod format itself.

But there's a million reasons it could be now. It may be worth opening a support request.

Who knows, maybe it has something to do with your specific android version, or client version, idk.