BW2 and Diamond

1 hour ago, Squirtle said:

Why would we stop updating? Now what the update includes is most likely not BW2 for awhile as we have other aspirations that Kyu has detailed out in the past.

I know that the dev team doesn't like to comment on things like this due to the nature of everything being insanely hypothetical and never wanting to get the playerbases hopes up, but is it pretty implied once all the kinks of B/W are completed and satisfied, D/P/PT are being sought after next?

12 minutes ago, Michelle said:

If I had to guess, I would say the next Region we'll visit is Johto, as HeartGold is already supplying some mechanics.

That was Nohto, probably Sinnoh since it was mentioned that implementation of BW would made release of Sinnoh become easier

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

If I had to guess, I would say the next Region we'll visit is Johto, as HeartGold is already supplying some mechanics.

Stop with Johto, its not going to happen. Sinnoh would be perfect for the 4th gen pokes that are missing.

Edited by Vanozz
extra word
30 minutes ago, Vanozz said:

Stop with Johto, its not going to happen. Sinnoh would be perfect for the 4th gen pokes that are missing.

This is true but do not forget that there are other pokemons of sinnoh also like Gallade, Gliscor, Electivire, Magmortar and so on.

4 hours ago, Auraziads said:

This is true but do not forget that there are other pokemons of sinnoh also like Gallade, Gliscor, Electivire, Magmortar and so on.

That's just evolutions of pokemon we already had though. We are missing quite a few and some that would change the competitive meta game some. ( Garchomp, Gastrodon, Rotom off the top of my head ) Can't remember if infernape was as good in gen 5 as 4.

12 hours ago, Raichu4u said:

I know that the dev team doesn't like to comment on things like this due to the nature of everything being insanely hypothetical and never wanting to get the playerbases hopes up, but is it pretty implied once all the kinks of B/W are completed and satisfied, D/P/PT are being sought after next?

Kyu (aside from BW) mentioned Android client and Dungeons in his blog. So those are also a possibilities

13 hours ago, Raichu4u said:

This isn't necessarily true. As Squirtle said, Kyu has mentioned in the past that after Unova is all done, the dev team would focus on other projects besides new regions.

10 minutes ago, Toupi said:

Kyu (aside from BW) mentioned Android client and Dungeons in his blog. So those are also a possibilities

For more information please check the detailed blog by Kyu below: 

Bringing in Sinnoh is the most sensible thing to do mostly because it will allow us to have access to sinnoh dex and use pokemons that Unova doesn't have,  i for one would love to train a Empoleon for example, not to mention thats one more place to travel and explore, It's something that i've been always looking forward to, capturing snovers and exploring Mt. Coronet again.

On 12/18/2017 at 9:08 AM, Vanozz said:

So i was gone for 4 years, forgot about playing this after getting a job and moving out. then i came across it again so i redownloaded on the new pc and thought i'll give it a week to play and see what happens, last time i had RL friends to play with but no ones playing it now.

Johto not being implemented sucks, it was my favorite region to play in. I have stuff to do in Kanto/sevii still so after that i'll try a new region and i should have more then a week to play but if not i'll post an overall reaction to the project. 

On 12/18/2017 at 6:58 AM, Michelle said:

Nope, if I recall either Darkshade or Kyu (Or someone in the higher end) stated the reason we don't have Johto is because there is no reason to implement it since we already have 100% of every johto pokemon (Minus legendaries obviously) Which is why the devs want to be careful with Sinnoh so it doesn't happen again.

1 hour ago, Kite said:

Nope, if I recall either Darkshade or Kyu (Or someone in the higher end) stated the reason we don't have Johto is because there is no reason to implement it since we already have 100% of every johto pokemon (Minus legendaries obviously) Which is why the devs want to be careful with Sinnoh so it doesn't happen again.

I feel like implementing the story and map wouldn't take all that much since they're using the hgss Rom. Even though this project is meant for a more PvP aspect I just want to travel all regions and do the stories. It was with friends but being alone and not really sure where to look for a team not sure how long after story ill be around. At least there's more for me to do as I'm on sevii atm 

Whichever comes next, I'm sure we'll love it, I think we're just discussing which we'd love more. I just figured it might've been easier to utilize a rom most already have rather than upping the amount of necessary roms(which is likely to happen down the line anyways, so whichever haha).

If I had to say which I'd like first, Johto would be my choice, as it was the first game I played obsessively as a child, Red and Blue were the catalyst to what I became on Gold/Silver hahaha

..It's a generational thing

• 2 months later...
On 12/26/2017 at 4:40 PM, Michelle said:

Whichever comes next, I'm sure we'll love it, I think we're just discussing which we'd love more. I just figured it might've been easier to utilize a rom most already have rather than upping the amount of necessary roms(which is likely to happen down the line anyways, so whichever haha).

If I had to say which I'd like first, Johto would be my choice, as it was the first game I played obsessively as a child, Red and Blue were the catalyst to what I became on Gold/Silver hahaha

..It's a generational thing

Exactly, there are some ancient players here that like the story from some of the older Pokemon games. Gold and Silver version coming out back in my day was a really big deal. Sinnoh region is very important and yes it should probably be released next since it would have more to offer but Johto region does have value as well.

On 12/26/2017 at 3:17 PM, RolyatDerTeufel said:

I feel like implementing the story and map wouldn't take all that much since they're using the hgss Rom. Even though this project is meant for a more PvP aspect I just want to travel all regions and do the stories. It was with friends but being alone and not really sure where to look for a team not sure how long after story ill be around. At least there's more for me to do as I'm on sevii atm 

It shouldn't be to much effort to implement. Johto region is a extremely fun region with a far better story then Unova, it should still be part of the game but I feel like it should have came later. we should have as many regions as possible and story content may be fairly short but it is still important.

On 12/26/2017 at 1:48 PM, Kite said:

There is more to a Pokemon game then just the Pokemon. It feels like Johto region is getting the bad end of the deal here. Sorry but it sounds a bit cruel if a game is gutted just it's Pokemon and some slightly improved graphics and then just tell the game the rest of it's content is meaningless. Most of us still have the Heart Gold or Soul Silver rom sitting in our roms folder before Hoenn region was even implemented and some players may still be waiting for Johto.

Good Reasons to Release Johto:

- Story Content

- A New Day Care for Breeding (we would get this with any new region we get but serious Pokemon breeders would probably like as many Day Care areas as possible)

- The Legendary Pokemon from Johto

- Pokeball Crafting using Berries (sure we can buy most types of Pokeballs but some players may want to craft them to save money instead)

- Adding PokeGear System (the team could do lots of things to remake or add this system in a cool way like making the phone system into a more useful private chat system that is easier to keep track of and Pokemon radio.)

- Returning to a G4 version of Kanto region (After beating the Johto Elite 4 players can go to Kanto region at some point. This would allow players to experience Kanto in G4 detail.)

well if they gonna add B/W2 then i have a question about it : do we have to do the story line all over again ?

26 minutes ago, Negumiko said:

- Story Content

- A New Day Care for Breeding (we would get this with any new region we get but serious Pokemon breeders would probably like as many Day Care areas as possible)

- Pokeball Crafting using Berries (sure we can buy most types of Pokeballs but some players may want to craft them to save money instead)

- Adding PokeGear System (the team could do lots of things to remake or add this system in a cool way like making the phone system into a more useful private chat system that is easier to keep track of and Pokemon radio.)

- Returning to a G4 version of Kanto region (After beating the Johto Elite 4 players can go to Kanto region at some point. This would allow players to experience Kanto in G4 detail.)

You can get all gen 2 pkm so you don't need to get Johto and we still missing some gen 4 pkm so adding Sinnoh is better ( in my opinion).

Beside all of the feature you mention is already added to the game ( in the last 3 update)

Edited by Acarus
7 hours ago, Negumiko said:

- Story Content

As much as I would love to see johto being implemented, there is far more important stuff to do for the devs. 

Johto as region would only add content for like 20 hours of playtime, which is not worth the work put into it.  Without offering anything else than story content, it will not help transforming casual players into long term players which should probaböy be the goal for now.

A new daycare is also hardly a resaon to implement johto, because right now we`re getting eggs back directly after leaving the parents there, which doesn`t leave any incentive to use multiple day cares simultaneously.

Legendaries are  probably going to be added in legendary dungeons but  johto is not necessary, as these dungeons could be in any of the regions already implemented.

As for crafting pokeballs this could be an interesting feature but is not really super important.

Don't get me wrong, I hope some day we are going to see johto, but before I would actually like to see complete gen 4 & 5, as well as the rumored PvE late game  content.