is this game good now

NaitDawg

3 hours ago, NaitDawg said:

just asking for a friend. He might wanna start playing again

This game is not good, it is x1000 more awesome than before! Let me give you a taste of what I mean:

1. Hoenn and Unova are implemented!

2. Comp is more creative

3. More ways to make in game money (do you have some old level 100 comps? Put it to work! Hold an amulet coin and battle the gym leaders - They are doubles battles, so make sure you have at least two level 100 pokemon at your disposal).

There are many more things, but I don't want to overwhelm you, so I am going to let you experience it for yourself.

Edited by Bestfriends
clarification
19 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

This game is not good, it is x1000 more awesome than before! Let me give you a taste of what I mean:

1. Hoenn and Unova are implemented!

2. Comp is more creative

3. More ways to make in game money (do you have some old level 100 comps? Put it to work! Hold an amulet coin and battle the gym leaders - They are doubles battles, so make sure you have at least two level 100 pokemon at your disposal).

There are many more things, but I don't want to overwhelm you, so I am going to let you experience it for yourself.

why do you sound like youre just really annoying and wait in game money? you mean theres more ways to hunt lucky eggs now?

9 minutes ago, NaitDawg said:

why do you sound like youre just really annoying and wait in game money? you mean theres more ways to hunt lucky eggs now?

1. I assume what you mean by "annoying" you mean my "x1000 better" statement. It depends on what you mean by annoying, but PokeMMO is more awesome now since there are a ton of positive changes.

Annoying = My passion

2. I mean, actual in game money. We call it PokeYen here on PokeMMO. You can obtain it by battling NPCs, Gym leaders, or pay daying. Lucky Eggs no longer have that much impact on the economy (man I remember those days). If you want to start from scratch, then I would suggest for you to catch a Meowth and start pay daying with it until you can afford more resources. Once you do that, you might think this game is awesome.

I'll do a real answer for you.

if you wanna grind? Then this is the game for you.

theres not a whole lot of ways to make money fast now, if you want something you have to work for it even more then before.

NPC payouts got nerfed and they're hardly viable now, pay daying is just dumb because in that hour for you to get not even 100k you could have done quite a few gym leaders that pay more.

the only real solid reliable way right now is to rematch gym leaders which give 273k with amulet coin, or do E4 runs

dittos are ok, but that's all based on your luck with IV's

dont even get me started in the market, it's fucked. 100k for a pp max is ridiculous. vanity seems to sell better then most shiny Pokémon as well.

I guess you could shiny hunt, and sell it, but 1/30,000 and unless it's a rare it's not worth your time, because after all everything costs money.(leppas, repels, ect)

With that being said, it's not that bad, all you need is time and patience, I would recommend finding people you like, that to me is the most enjoyable aspect of the game, just logging on and talking.

Hard to say, i was quite happy to comeback cause the matchmaking system + tournaments + 5gen, but i am struggling a lot, it is true that there are more ways to farm money, but those are not even close to be as good as the old islands npc (which has been nerfed a lot) + pp price went up + berry price went up too (they ve been removed from saffron) i feel more surrended every day, can't breed, can't pp moves, can't try different move set or ev set, actually it's quite depressing XD

Unova update is pretty lit.

Even if you don't stay for a long time, I think it's worth playing through. Keeps you hooked for a month easy.

The character customizaiton is beautiful, the music in unova works flawlessly, the game doesn't look or feel like a buggy scramble. It's really pro now.

the lacks of updates made this game bad.

-Too many unobtainable abilities and pokes

- Crafting is too hard so prices on pp ups and maxes are absurd

- Lots of new items are not working too

-Tiers are a mess

Everybody's waiting for these "legendary dungeons" but they'll probably find a way to ruin it and keep the game ded.