LC Discussion Request Thread

13 hours ago, hannahtaylor said:

Can we discuss recycle berry juice? I feel a lot of LC revolves around it, people can run 4 or more pokemon with it, constantly healing at the right time. I'm not quite sure what else to say to get my point through but what's everyone's opinion on it?

i think its more anoying and boring then op 

13 hours ago, hannahtaylor said:

Can we discuss recycle berry juice? I feel a lot of LC revolves around it, people can run 4 or more pokemon with it, constantly healing at the right time. I'm not quite sure what else to say to get my point through but what's everyone's opinion on it?

Taunt and knock off heavily dent recycle berry juice combo, and the lack of eviolite makes it usually an easier target for heavy offense. 

tldr; recycle berry juice isnt that good against heavy offense. Its much better versus a defensive/balanced playstyle, but those have viable options to deal with it, like said above. So no, I don't believe it is an issue, more of an annoyance maybe.

15 hours ago, razimove said:

I'm not very into the meta,, but one thing I see when spectating is how dominant mienfoo is, and I wanted to ask, why was he never test banned, or deemed as problematic?

with the sheer amount of people whose go-to solution ON TP is "con fe my acrobatics mienfoo outspeeds jaja," i wouldn't be opposed to seeing a test ban to promote i dunno more skillful plays (wishful thinking ik)

that being said, there are definitely ways to slow it down but even that's set dependent as a lot of lc players have 4+ viable sets for it. it would also be cool to see other fighting types enjoy some spotlight 

Mienfoo ban would be very interesting on how it would change some typical teambuildings that only make matches a matter of who makes the bold prediction that win the match instead of relying on diversity of mons and sets and synergy. 

Then again I don't think there is a reason to ban it "balance-wise". It's OP but the whole actual meta revolves around having counters for it (not really counters but stuff that don't let it free), making it manageable. 

I think the Mienfoo ban question is more about "do we want to have some changes in how we play the tier" rather than "do we think Mienfoo is unbalanced". And given how tier council is, I really doubt they would ban it on a subjective argument about how we would like the tier to be played. 

It is something that is also hard to judge, what is the purpose of bans ? Making a tier fun to play based on what we judge to be fair. But what makes for example the arena trap ban that we used to have a "more fair" option for the tier ? Since the ban is off, there are not many players complaining about it. It raises the question that bans could be more about the enjoyment of players rather than abstracts arguments about what we think fairness is in the way we play the game. 

Mienfoo ban isn't the only matter, as hannah said, recycle abuse is also annoying and forces players to limit their sets to something that counters it. But it's the same in every tiers. 

In my opinion bans are always a good idea because it makes the tier evolving and I enjoy playing a game where it's not always the same thing over and over. Of course you can try different stuff and be successful with it if you're good enough, yet the fact that we have like 1 tournament a week makes players going for safe options just so they can play more. 

Just making LC matchmaking possible would expand a lot the possibilities as players would get used to try different things. 

• 2 months later...
  • Munya locked this topic
  • Munya unpinned this topic