How long did it take you to get a shiny?

• 4 years later...

507 hours and 4 shinies:

-shiny goldeen at ??? encounters (wasn't counting at that time but i also was trying to get a shiny pikachu) (also sold)

-shiny pikachu at 914 encounters (the one i wanted and the one i will always have)

-shiny pikachu at 672 encounetrs (gave to a friend)

-shiny pikachu at 194 encounetrs (sold on gtl)

while i can't tell how many hours i had back when i encountered my first shiny, i can say that i joined on october 9, and the day that i caught the shiny was january 23, granted i didn't play every single day but it did take me 3-ish months to get it, by that time i have finished only kanto so you could say about 150-200 hours maybe

also rn im tryin to get my friend a female shiny pikachu because it just so happens all my shinies were male and he wanted a shiny raichu with volt tackle, and its taking me so far 8502 encounters and counting (funnily enough, during the time i caught the last shiny and today, i've gotten 6 other shinies on other pokemon games, 2 on arceus and 4 on masters EX, yet no shiny on mmo)

Edited by JothonianTinku
forgot to add how much time between me starting to play and the first shiny

When I started I did all the regions but Sinnoh. Prior to starting Sinnoh I wanted a shiny Scraggy so I started hunting it. After almost 80k encounters I gave up and started Sinnoh. Ended up finding shiny wooper in the Great Marsh (named it heart attack) at 152 hours.

• 2 months later...