Dex completion reward. Give us SOMETHING

Goku

Question

As the title suggests I think it'll be reasonable to receive some kind of reward after the completion of the OT Dex.

With the Ot cap currently at 556 it's pretty hard completing it considering 3 regions, safari rares, all the locations you need to visit for the different pokes. 

If I am not mistaken I am pretty sure in the other Pokemon games after Dex Completion the player got rewarded a Shiny Charm / Shining Charm.

Effect

Generation V

The Shiny Charm increases the chance of encountering a Shiny pokemon, both in the wild and through breeding. This is done by generating two extra personality values to attempt to find one that is Shiny, effectively resulting in a tripled chance to find Shiny Pokémon compared to the base chance; from 1 / 30 000 to approximately 3 / 30 000 (roughly 1/ 10 000).  (Doesn't have to stack with hordes because that can be problematic lel)

Spoiler

Image result for shiny charm pokemon

The odds of this being implemented is likely to be none. This is why I suggest an alternative prize. Ideas which I had include:

. Player being awarded a random gift legendary. (A way to actually own a legendary permanently for once in the game)

.Player being awarded a random gift shiny egg.

.Player being rewarded a Untradeable custom vanity.

.Player being rewarded a custom tag revealing him to have completed the Ot Dex. / Player being able to change the color of his Overworld Name.

Player being rewarded an Untradeable lucky egg with double exp stats lel.

Ups for the idea:

Game play can possibly become more active because players would be motivated to complete dex in order to get this prestigious gift.

OK.. U can't even fill up and catch them all just yet.. Show me if u have.. U must have hacked.. 

Prizes are probably shit too. Your ideas are shit too. Legendaries are abandon for reasons. Probably no use for it.. There is donator status created for a purpose.. Why would they want to introduce the shiny charm?gift shiny egg? Seriously? What if we got shiny pidgey? That would sucked and gift means 15iv? For show off of ur luck only.. I don't want to Critise too much.. 

Basically, too many flaws and idea sucks.. We can't even complete dex right now.. We don't have the right fossils. 

7 hours ago, IDKPRO said:

OK.. U can't even fill up and catch them all just yet.. Show me if u have.. U must have hacked.. 

Currently it's 556 / 558 because you can only obtain 1 fossil. So it's basically completed according to how many you are able to catch.

7 hours ago, IDKPRO said:

I don't want to Critise too much.. 

It's Criticize. Then don't. You obviously don't have a clue what you are saying. 

10 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Only thing I don't understand is why does everything have to give a reward nowadays? I mean it's a achievement, that's about it, I'm perfectly fine with that, not saying giving something is wrong, I just don't see a necessity.

In the original games you do get a reward, and filling the Dex it's not necessary to complete the game so a reward for doing it so it's a great motivation. See it as a side quest to obtain a prize that's not necessary but it's nice to have.

i like the increase in shiny chance. it will take a whole lot of work, and its something that is obtainable that will make shiny hunting a lot more viable. sure you have to put hundreds of hours into completing the dex but the possibility of saving a lot of time grinding wild encounters or eggs makes it worth it and makes it less dull then grinding away for months or years.

2 hours ago, Goku said:

Player being rewarded a custom tag revealing him to have completed the Ot Dex. / Player being able to change the color of his Overworld Name.

I don't see this happening. The only players with a tag/different colored name currently are staff, so if they added a tag for players and allowed us to change the color of our names we may be confused as staff members. 

As far as adding something that works like the Shiny Charm does, I doubt they would consider that for obvious reasons. Although I wouldn't mind having something like this, anything that increases shiny chances by this much is just bad for the game. They become easier to find for those that have completed the dex, and their value drops for everyone. 

2 hours ago, Goku said:

Player being rewarded a Untradeable custom vanity.

I do like this idea. A custom vanity exclusive for those that have completed the dex. Depending on what it would look like, it could be rewarding for players to own something that not many others have. 

2 hours ago, ImFunk said:

I don't see this happening. The only players with a tag/different colored name currently are staff, so if they added a tag for players and allowed us to change the color of our names we may be confused as staff members. 

As far as adding something that works like the Shiny Charm does, I doubt they would consider that for obvious reasons. Although I wouldn't mind having something like this, anything that increases shiny chances by this much is just bad for the game. They become easier to find for those that have completed the dex, and their value drops for everyone. 

I do like this idea. A custom vanity exclusive for those that have completed the dex. Depending on what it would look like, it could be rewarding for players to own something that not many others have. 

Well I mean it doesn't have to be a tag just something special.

Yes I know the shiny charm is a long shot but I was merely mentioning it because it is a prize in orginal games after dex is completed. Thus we should also receive a prize but doesn't have to be similar in any way.

I also think the custom vanity would be cool. Something like the hockey mask will totally be worth it imo.

Edit: Something similar to the hockey mask lel.

Edited by Goku

Permanent Legendaries are NOT appropriate for any kind of online MMO-style environment like PokeMMO.
One of the devs of Pokemon added in the 'Masuda Method' of obtaining a Shiny much easier.  However, that didn't take into account the MMO environment.
That said, Shiny Charms weren't until after Gen5 so it wouldn't really be applicable to PokeMMO which is still (barely) on Gen5 stuff when the actual games are basically on Gen7+ now.

I'm 100% ok with a title or cosmetic stuff, especially character-bound stuff.  Might be a fixed color instead of player-choice to avoid confusion with staff.

If a 'Gifted' Shiny 'MissingNo' was provided with fixed IVs (all 20s) and unable to be breedable, I wouldn't have an issue with that.  Maybe as an Easter Egg for fun (though anyone reading this would find out).  Nice nod to the original games.  Doesn't affect catching actual shinies or the economy whatsoever.  Still able to be 'used' and battle and all that (come up with some random movesets and stuff?).

Edited by Gilan
Removed off topic content

What I don't see happening is a free shiny for the optional completion of the dex as this has been denied before in a rather similar (yet more elaborate) thread
(granted, this is PokeMMO and it gets repetitive, so I understand that repeting past ideas from the suggestion thread seems to be inevitable for some reason...)

Although I get the idea of the shiny representing the achievement of completing the dex and enabling the player to show others that he did so, I believe the reward would be too high.

I could rather imagine the possibility to show off a completed dex within the concept of the new Trainer Card (e.g. also additional options for customization of the trainer card once the dex is complete) that Darkshade presented two month ago.

Not a bad suggestion, I think having item that works like a donator status would be better than most of the other suggestions with things like:

A egg hatching buff ( 10% quicker etc )

Faster rate of receiving eggs

Better catch rate

Half price or free safari visits

More safari steps/balls

10% extra money from trainer battles ( including gyms and E4 ) 

I think having something like that would be better because it provides a long lasting reward ( instead of just getting a shiny and then people asking for more because they got bored of said shiny ).

Also if there was to be any sort of tradeable item as a reward for completing the dex i think it's safe to say that you will have to complete OT dex and not owned dex as people could just trade 577 pokemon and farm the reward with no effort.

14 hours ago, ImFunk said:

As far as adding something that works like the Shiny Charm does, I doubt they would consider that for obvious reasons. Although I wouldn't mind having something like this, anything that increases shiny chances by this much is just bad for the game. They become easier to find for those that have completed the dex, and their value drops for everyone

so it's bad because you said so but you arent going to give a reason or make a argument and we should just trust you and go with it?

7 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

so it's bad because you said so but you arent going to give a reason or make a argument and we should just trust you and go with it?

Read the line directly after it?

10 hours ago, ImFunk said:

They become easier to find for those that have completed the dex, and their value drops for everyone. 

I could have done a better job explaining it, but do I really need to? Going from 1/30k to 1/10k is way too big of a jump in my opinion. If something as valuable as Donator only increases the chances to 1/27k, why should completing a somewhat difficult task raise it to 1/10k? Especially considering Donator is temporary, while I assume the reward for completing the dex would not be. The people that have completed the dex will be finding shinies at a higher frequency, and the entire community/economy will suffer for it as they will decrease in value. 

As I said, I wouldn't be against having a Shiny Charm or something that works like it. But a 1/10k chance is too high, especially if it is a permanent effect. 

1 minute ago, DeadGorilla said:

>wanting a reward for doing something meaningless

In the original games the entire goal was to complete the Pokedex, and considering it's not an easy task I can see why people would like a reward for completing it.