First comp team

Just recently got into PokeMMO and this is the comp team I'm aiming for and would like some feedback:

Tyranitar Excadrill Ferrothorn Hydreigon Conkeldurr Reuniclus
Special Wall / Utility Physical Sweeper Physical Wall Special Sweeper Coverage Counter
Careful Adament Relaxed Modest Adament Bold
252HP 252SpD 6Def 252Atk 252Spe 6HP 252HP 252Def 6SpD 252SpA 252Spe 6HP 252Atk 238HP 20Spe 252HP 252Def 6SpD
Leftovers Life Orb Leftovers Life Orb Life Orb Leftovers
Sand Stream Sand Rush Iron Barbs Levitate Sheer Force Magic Guard
Stone Edge Earthquake Spikes Dragon Pulse Drain Punch Psyshock
Crunch Rock Slide Power Whip Dark Pulse Thunder Punch Focus Blast
Thunder Wave X-Scissor Gyro Ball Flamethrower Ice Punch Recover
Stealth Rock Swords Dance Leech Seed Superpower Mach Punch Calm Mind

Tyranitar is the lead for Stealth Rock and Sandstorm setup so Excadrill can do its thing.

Not sure if I should go with Ferrothorn or Skarmory for Physical wall. Ferrothorn has grass coverage which I don't have otherwise, but Skarmory has phazing and recovery. Both get locked by Magnezone though, is there anything I can do about that? Any way for Skarmory to get Whirlwind off before Magnezone or build them specially defensive instead? No idea.

Both Hydreigon and Conkeldurr get hit by sandstorm but didn't want to build the team too Rock/Steel/Ground heavy. Does it matter?

Not sure if I should build Hydreigon as full special sweeper or give him Scarf + U-Turn instead.

Also not sure if Reuniclus would be better off with Psychic instead of Psyshock. Might switch to Life Orb + Psychic if I struggle vs opposing Conkeldurrs.

Thought about Mamoswine instead of Conkeldurr just for better Ice Coverage and no damage taken from Sandstorm but then there's 0 electric moves.

Thoughts or other alternate choices?

Edited by Jazcash
3 hours ago, Jazcash said:

Both get locked by Magnezone though, is there anything I can do about that?

Yes. you can use Shed Shell as item instead of leftovers, you lose the extra recovery per turn but it lets you switch out of magnezone (and mean look/binding moves too but those are way less common).

I'd also consider Iron Head instad of x-scizor on excadrill and earthquake instead of crunch for hippo. You also probably want Slack off on it (instead of twave I guess).

Psychic is better on leftovers reuniclus whereas Psyshock in conjuction with a few speed ivs and a life orb lets you beat opposing reuniclus one on one.

Edited by FNTCZ
37 minutes ago, FNTCZ said:

Yes. you can use Shed Shell as item instead of leftovers, you lose the extra recovery per turn but it lets you switch out of magnezone (and mean look/binding moves too but those are way less common).

I'd also consider Iron Head instad of x-scizor on excadrill and earthquake instead of crunch for hippo. You also probably want Slack off on it (instead of twave I guess).

Psychic is better on leftovers reuniclus whereas Psyshock in conjuction with a few speed ivs and a life orb lets you beat opposing reuniclus one on one.

oo not heard of Shed Shell before, will give it a try.

I really like X-Scissor on Excadrill, but only because Iron Head doesn't really give much type coverage. Even if it is a decent STAB I feel like Earthquake/Rock Slide are already effective against the things a steel move would hurt.

Is Earthquake really better than a dark STAB move on Tyranitar? The main contest for me was Crunch vs Pursuit. Slack off instead of Thunder Wave sounds good though.

1 minute ago, Jazcash said:

Is Earthquake really better than a dark STAB move on Tyranitar? The main contest for me was Crunch vs Pursuit. Slack off instead of Thunder Wave sounds good though.

Oh lol forget everything I said about ttar, I 100% brain lagged and tought it was a hippowdon. Your set is then perfectly fine.

Team is stronger with hippow than with ttar.  If you really want to keep ttar then you have to replace another mon like ferrothorn with roserade or hydriegon with gliscor.  4 fighting weaknesses and 1 resist isn't going to cut it.

I'd replace ferro with roserade because roserade teams are fun, but I think hippow over ttar fits best with the playstyle you're going for. 

Edited by Aard
8 minutes ago, Aard said:

Team is stronger with hippow than with ttar.  If you really want to keep ttar then you have to replace another mon like ferrothorn with roserade or hydriegon with gliscor.  4 fighting weaknesses and 1 resist isn't going to cut it.

I'd replace ferro with roserade because roserade teams are fun, but I think hippow over ttar fits best with the playstyle you're going for. 

Hippowdon looks cool, not really seen him before. Without Tyranitar there's nothing particularly defensive against special attacks so how would you work Hippo into the team?

I'm thinking 252SpD, 252HP, 6Def with Leftovers and Careful nature. Then maybe Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Slack Off and Roar? What moveset would you go for?

9 minutes ago, Jazcash said:

Hippowdon looks cool, not really seen him before. Without Tyranitar there's nothing particularly defensive against special attacks so how would you work Hippo into the team?

I'm thinking 252SpD, 252HP, 6Def with Leftovers and Careful nature. Then maybe Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Slack Off and Roar? What moveset would you go for?

ttar imo, best usage would be sassy for that kind of team, not careful, and pack flamethrower to hit the scizor/thorn switch ins.

Regarding hippo careful, although viable, best hippo build would be impish 252 hp 252 def, and something like Slack Off/Rocks/+2, some go toxic/EQ, others go with ice fang to hit dragons, others go double offensive moves, totally depends on what you feel you're in lack of.