Wild pokemons visible

Mylu

You're basically describing phenomenon minus visible sprites jumping out which is unorthodox to the traditional games and also which no-one wants to codes.

A friendly suggestion that it's probably best you play the game a lot more first and get to know both how the game works, developmental milestones in how the game became what it is now, current expected upcoming updates and how limited the development resources of are before firing lists of suggestions most if not all of which are unrealistic and unnecessary and potentially undermine more important suggestions.

1 minute ago, Linfanz said:

You're basically describing phenomenon minus visible sprites jumping out which is unorthodox to the traditional games and also which no-one wants to codes.

A friendly suggestion that it's probably best you play the game a lot more first and get to know both how the game works, developmental milestones in how the game became what it is now, current expected upcoming updates and how limited the development resources of are before firing lists of suggestions most if not all of which are unrealistic and unnecessary and potentially undermine more important suggestions.

A friendly suggestion is that you stop spamming that I spam. I'm just a player, I don't need to know what devs want, I suggest things I want. And if devs want it or not, whatever they have the final word, not U, so stop talking for others, that's very impolite. I also don't care if resources are limited, that's not my problem. Anyway, resources may be limited but I'm pretty sure they win a lot of money with their Gift Shop.

2 hours ago, Mylu said:

A friendly suggestion is that you stop spamming that I spam.

2 hours ago, Mylu said:

And if devs want it or not, whatever they have the final word, not U, so stop talking for others, that's very impolite. I also don't care if resources are limited, that's not my problem.

Linfanz was kindly saying that when you'll have played more, you would see that some of your suggestions are unrealistic, already implented & not necessary. I also believe that you lack some experience. Finally, the only impolite person right now is you mate. You took his comment wrong, if you read it again, you might see that it wasn't an attack.

2 hours ago, Mylu said:

Anyway, resources may be limited but I'm pretty sure they win a lot of money with their Gift Shop.

Earning money doesn't give you more time or more trust on potential new devs that doesn't know the game enough or don't share the same vision as them.

2 hours ago, Mylu said:

A friendly suggestion is that you stop spamming that I spam. I'm just a player, I don't need to know what devs want, I suggest things I want. And if devs want it or not, whatever they have the final word, not U, so stop talking for others, that's very impolite. I also don't care if resources are limited, that's not my problem. Anyway, resources may be limited but I'm pretty sure they win a lot of money with their Gift Shop.

If you dont want his views why post it in a public forum ??? 

The only unrealistic and impolite thing here is that most of you are so pretentious that you are convinced to know what it is the best for the game and don't hesitate to talk for devs. But you're not devs, so wake up. This is a forum, I post subjects to help and I post them in the good categories, then people come and say "stop spamming suggestions"... (that is very constructive from you, I have to say Bravo!) So what can I do? Do I have to post my ideas in a unique thread? OH NO because people will say that I spam in my own thread! And if I spam suggestions in private that will probably annoy the devs. SO WHAT NOW? DO I HAVE TO CREATE A WEBSITE TO POST MY SUGGESTIONS? What's the point of this forum if forum posts annoy forum members... isn't that crazy?! However, a good pokemon is a pokemon that have a big pool of abilities. That means that I will continue to suggest things here even if this is unrealistic and that annoys you, not only because I'm a freaking noob and I don't know what devs have in mind, but also because first I have the right to express myself and secondo from stupid ideas may born good ideas.

4 minutes ago, Mylu said:

The only unrealistic and impolite thing here is that most of you are so pretentious that you are convinced to know what it is the best for the game and don't hesitate to talk for devs. But you're not devs, so wake up. This is a forum, I post subjects to help and I post them in the good categories, then people come and say "stop spamming suggestions"... (that is very constructive from you, I have to say Bravo!) So what can I do? Do I have to post my ideas in a unique thread? OH NO because people will say that I spam in my own thread! And if I spam suggestions in private that will probably annoy the devs. SO WHAT NOW? DO I HAVE TO CREATE A WEBSITE TO POST MY SUGGESTIONS? What's the point of this forum if forum posts annoy forum members... isn't that crazy?! However, a good pokemon is a pokemon that have a big pool of abilities. That means that I will continue to suggest things here even if this is unrealistic and that annoys you, not only because I'm a freaking noob and I don't know what devs have in mind, but also because first I have the right to express myself and secondo from stupid ideas may born good ideas.

You have very right to express your ideas on forum but dont expect ppl to like them. People are giving a feedback for your suggestions and your reaction is tantrum. If you want to improve quality of your suggestion then try to play for a bit, learn how games work, what is implemented, how some problems are solved. Im not saying you should study it, just play more consciously.

You could share your paintings on painting forum and you would receive criticism. Sharing anything publicly is tied with receiving criticism, use it to your own advantage and try to harness anything useful from it.

As for suggestion I agree with Linfanz. What you've just described is Phenomena from Unova region with extra sprite. Implementing it on it's own is just pointless. Enhancing phenomena with sprite could look cool. The problem is how much effort would it cost only to add some polish to the existing rare encounter. You would need to figure out a way to represent all phenomena pokemon sprites in a way they dont look shitty, above all. To me, that's sounds like very expensive polish that is not worth the hassle

I don't really like the bullying going on in this thread. The Suggestions Box is a dumping grounds for both unrefined and refined ideas, and players bullying eachother because they believe the idea is bad doesn't help the game. So, I would appreciate if you all left the judgment of ideas to the people who actually implement them.

Anyway, on to the actual suggestion: It's correct that it's a clone of Phenomena with alternate assets. Although, I would say that Phenomena are what Swarms always should have been. Phenomena are also a vulnerable type of encounter, because their functionality (and rewards) are dependent on Unova's popularity, which will inevitably wane as we continue to develop the game, and more regions are introduced.

Although it was a few months ago, I came to the same conclusion as the OP when thinking about swarms. Because B/W gave us the ability to use follower sprites as NPCs (they weren't available in FR/LG, and we write gameplay for our base level of assets), they are a way to repackage the phenomena gameplay into other regions, and to ensure that the phenomena-exclusive rewards (Gems) have reliable sources no matter what Unova's popularity is. That's why I planned on adding it fairly soon.

Edited by Kyu
  • Kyu locked this topic