Gen 6+?

Porting a 3D game to a 2D client isn't gonna be happening anytime soon if at all.
It'd be a huge amount of work and so little gained from it.

It is just not as simple as sprites being thrown left and right anymore, there are cameras and a whole new axis to deal with.
Also to avoid the possible wrath of gamefreak, you'd have to wait two more gens to come out before considering this, so at the very least 5 years from now.

Not to mention they'd need 3D artists if they want to keep the vanity concepts of the current version of the game across all gens.

Edited by MHkaserz

It is confirmed that developers are going to introduce Gen 4 first. Hopefully, it may come true before the end of this year. Personally, I wish developers can put more resources to make Gen 6 and 7 become part of Pokemmo, which surely attracts more new players and builds up a larger community.

1 hour ago, Hammerax said:

It is confirmed that developers are going to introduce Gen 4 first. Hopefully, it may come true before the end of this year. Personally, I wish developers can put more resources to make Gen 6 and 7 become part of Pokemmo, which surely attracts more new players and builds up a larger community.

It wll not happen by the end of this year, maybe by the end of the next if you're lucky, there's other plans that are higher priority as of right now, like dungeons. They're a small team, so you can't expect much. And gen6 and higher roms, are encrypted, making it harder for them to use. Also, who likes digimons? If I wanted a mega garumon, I'd be playing digimon.