A vanity to honor and remember a treasured player

Hi everyone. I know I wasn't close enough to roxxass to be the one making this post, but it's just an idea I think would be great. I was talking to @DeadGorilla and he mentioned he remembered something posted by a staff member on forums or one of PokeMMO's social media pages along the lines of "If a person has made many valuable contributions to the game and community, we might make a vanity named after them". I searched for a bit but had no luck digging anything like that up, so I don't know if that was ever said, but I'd still like to put this idea out there.

All players big in the competitive scene knew Roxxass as a huge part of the community, and her friends and teammates know the kind of person she is. And the one thing in common in everything anyone's said about her in conversations I was in was this: she made a difference. She made an effort to spread love, good vibes, and to make people happy every chance she got, and touched more lives and made more of a difference in people and their enjoyment of the game than one would expect from a player. She helped run big and small events, had fun matches with people and tried making friends with so many people. I think all of that and more counts as a valuable contribution, and her friends and teammates provided more examples of her contributions than I can.

The sudden news broke a lot of people's hearts and devastated a lot of others. I really, really think she deserves a vanity in her name. And I think a lot of players would appreciate this. I think she deserves to be honored and remembered. The community agrees, and I really hope you do too, @Darkshade and @Kyu. I don't know if the post my friend mentioned was real, but whether it is or not, I really hope you guys consider this. I think she deserves it.

And if it's a possibility, could it be included as a prize in this tournament? I think a lot of people would love having a vanity to remember her by.

From what I've gathered, Glaceon was her favorite Pokemon.

Edited by Dibz

That's another great move for her. As @DemonicDax suggested earlier, the entire friend list of Roxxass should have it for "free", and it would be possible for other players to get him buy gift center with RP or i don't know how. That would be a fair thing to do, she deserves her name something on PokeMMO for what she does, I truely hope you'll make the good choice, but for the entire community, it would be a big thanks to her, to her work. Some of us already said goodbye to her, for the rest it's still kinda hard, hard to believe. I think this would be helpfull to still feel like she was with us, even if for now she's gone. It's up to you, but I think all the community will agree with that wonderfull idea.

I also agree about a memorial tournament with a comp glaceon as winner reward. Would make sense to me.

I never met Roxxass, which I do regret after hearing all these great stories.

My condolences to all that knew her well.

I would love to see this idea becoming reality and show the entire community that we are more then just a bunch of geeks playing a pokemon game..

We are a community who care about one another, what has been shown in the past few days..

R.I.P 

4 hours ago, NonoPetitRobot said:

That's another great move for her. As @DemonicDax suggested earlier, the entire friend list of Roxxass should have it for "free", and it would be possible for other players to get him buy gift center with RP or i don't know how.

In my opinion, the item should be free and untradeable. I would hate that PokeMMO makes money out of a player's death or that players could sell this item like any other vulgar vanity. Maybe it's just me but I think it would be wrong to be able to make money out of this tragic event.

Edit: I just thought about something related. Maybe it's not the best idea that the staff do an event in this scenario and it's because it would create a precedent. The next time someone like her pass (let's hope that it won't be soon), the community will also want an event to celebrate her/his memory (which is understandable) but if the staff do not do it, for any reason (lack of time or else) it could create frustration in a moment where everyone is already emotional. I think that maybe it would be best if only the community gather and celebrate the memory of those who left us to be sure of not creating conflict in already hard moments. Idk, let me know what you think.

But I just want to be perfectly clear, I am not saying that she doesn't deserve it, she does. I just think that everything she did was to assemble to community and it would be sad to see the community argue and be divided about something like an event in the future when everyone is already shocked and emotional.

Edited by Hythalius
Added another idea.
48 minutes ago, Hythalius said:

In my opinion, the item should be free and untradeable. I would hate that PokeMMO makes money out of a player's death or that players could sell this item like any other vulgar vanity. Maybe it's just me but I think it would be wrong to be able to make money out of this tragic event.

Well, we're actually trying to find a way to make it untradable.

You should be able to buy it with RP but for each time this vanity is bought, we find anyway to give money to Andrea's family to support them ? Idk, I mean, even if we don't,  I think atleast untreadable is a must have as you said.

Just now, DrButler said:

this is absolute madness.

where was this suggestion when bulldog passed away?

This is kind of a problem yeah, I personnaly don't know who was bulldog, I came to pay respect because some of SIA members told me "Someone died, we're regrouping at vermilion city"

I agree every player who die should have a vanity or no one, this is just an idea over all the ideas we have 

6 hours ago, Dibz said:

"If a person has made many valuable contributions to the game and community, we might make a vanity named after them".

Not to hate on your suggestion, but if they ever said this they meant staff and devs.

Some examples of this "rule":

Desu -> Desu lab coat

Kyu -> Kyu hat

Kudasai -> Knight's helmet

Patrick -> Horse head

Not sure if there are others, I don't stalk staff in-game.

Just now, NonoPetitRobot said:

This is kind of a problem yeah, I personnaly don't know who was bulldog, I came to pay respect because some of SIA members told me "Someone died, we're regrouping at vermilion city"

I agree every player who die should have a vanity or no one, this is just an idea over all the ideas we have 

as you said, one for each or no at all. sure, roxx was special to some of you, but so are other people to other folks. and do you really wanna sell something based on somebody dying?

5 minutes ago, NonoPetitRobot said:

Ask them to turn deceased players into NPCs, they already have all the necessary sprites.

With so many random NPCs to be replaced thats for sure reasonable.

They might even be introduced as random encounters in the Battle tower/frontier facilities to avoid running out of spots.

Just now, NonoPetitRobot said:

Well, we're looking for a way where no one could receive money on this, like, just giving the item to whoever want, as an untradable item ofc

arent the memories she left behind all you really need? do you really need a lousy vanity to remember she was here?

i also dont see how she made valueable contributions to this game. may sound harsh, but i hope you get what i mean.

IMO Dibz I think this is a bit overkill. No offense but as much as Roxxass seemed to be a great player and all from what I hear, she ain't some sort of goddess either (or this is what I feel some of you guys are unawarely making her seem as, and then again it's me so I'm probably wrong and derped out lol). I feel like the tourney dedicated to her was more than enough to "make her smile in the afterlife" (if you want to vision stuff like that, who knows what happens when we die honestly), and I don't think she would want a vanity dedicated to her if she was alive (as a scenario) because she would probably prefer to just make you guys happy and battle (I never met the person so I'm just assuming, she could have wanted to rule MMO and kick Desu out for all I know xD). Like other people already pointed out, other MMO players have died before (or just one MMO player, IDK who else is dead besides that "Bulldog" guy) and they didn't get anything like this after they died, so the fact that Roxxass already has a huge Doubles tourney dedicated to her and you are now asking for a dedicated vanity (for those who want it, that is) is kinda a bit much, don't you say? (OK I'm done preaching jibberish, go downvote me to town or something lol)

I'm all for shitposting & derailing threads, but this isn't the one. 

With that being said, I think an untradeable limited isn't a bad idea, but this is something that is meant to be dedicated for someone who was special for a lot of people so do we really want to limit that to RP? If this were to be added it should either be tradeable or obtainable through something other than RP so everyone has a chance to get one. 

This is not a good way to remember someone.

As much as some people know i'm affected because of  Andrea's  death. I saw a her as a little sister we would share lots of stuff really personal stuff.
Thing right here is we have leave the drama behind she wouldn't like this kind of stuff. Many people dies each and everyday we can't control this and cry will not make them come back to life. Asking for a vanity to remember someone what are you trying to do live with the pain? we already made a tournament for that "cali did". She was one of closest players to the community and the person i fell in love with (not going into details). Asking for a vanity for a certain person to remember him or her is not an option we have to be mature enough accept what happened, be strong and move on.

7 minutes ago, Foersterr said:

i don't like the idea of a vanity, i'd rather to see something like a special grave for her in pokemon tower

She probably deserves it but it would create a precedent and it might create tensions now and in the future. I think the staff should not get involved and her memory should only be celebrated by the means of the community.

39 minutes ago, Hythalius said:

She probably deserves it but it would create a precedent and it might create tensions now and in the future. I think the staff should not get involved and her memory should only be celebrated by the means of the community.

I totally agree with you. Also the devs should not be making profit from someone's else life, it's just wrong. If they really want to make a memorial (sorry don't know the proper english name), for Roxxass, make one NPC speak about her feats or even one of the random statues that exist in the game, make it speak about her. She deserves it, one of the kindest persons I ever met, even when comparing to real life, she was always down to help someone in need, and always there to motivate you to engage with her and the community.