Dungeons Predictions

In preparation for the oncoming dungeons(if they come), I think it's about time we have a little prediction slot regarding how these dungeons will work accessibility-wise.

From what we've heard/been told, they will function similar to the elfbot events in terms of teaming up to take on these dungeons.

The question that has still to be answered is, how will we be able to access them and what will the requirements be?

To (hopefully) give you all a little more motivation to do this, I've decided that whoever has the closest prediction to what dungeons look like when they come out, I shall provide a prize:

-The predictor that is closest to correct, I will give 250k in-game cash and 6 leftovers. 

And to be fair, if I win the prediction contest, I'll give the prize to the second closest.

Whenever(If) you want to, post your predictions in the section down below.

My prediction:

**Giratina will be the first legendary we get to "perma-keep"(since we kinda got to catch it to progress in the sinnoh story) and will be the key to getting access to the dungeons(kinda like how you needed latias/latios in alpha sapphire/omega ruby to access all those legendaries in the sky or on those islands).

How is it the key?

1. Since the griseous orb in unova is a key item as opposed to a normal hold item like the other 2 time-space orbs are, my theory is that if we use the griseous orb on giratina, it would have 2 functions:

a) Turns giratina into its origin form like in the vanilla games

b) (only in Unova) Giratina will take you to the "Dungeon Dimension". Here, you'll be able to enter one out of many dungeons, whether it be for ha mons or legendaries.

The requirements?

1. You will have to have completed all 4(could be released in conjunction with sinnoh) main-game storylines in order to access.

- Or possibly, you won't need to beat all 4, but you'll only be able to do certain dungeons depending on which of the storylines you have beaten(including post-game storylines)

-Ex: You can only access the dungeons for the Kanto/Johto legends by beating the FireRed storyline(including Sevii Islands quest)

2. If it operates like the elfbot events, you'll need 1-3 other players helping out.

**and of course, regarding Giratina, it will have gift pokemon ivs as to make it look less favorable in terms of pvp.

Edited by BoltBlades12

by the way in unova ur forced to catch zekrom to continue.In platinum you can just faint giratina to continue.

griseous orb is a special key item.Its the only key item i can see in my bag in all 3 regions.Could that mean something?

Adding sinnoh is a big project.IMO i just dont think there will be a dungeon added at the same time.

12 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

In preparation for the oncoming dungeons(if they come), I think it's about time we have a little prediction slot regarding how these dungeons will work accessibility-wise.

From what we've heard/been told, they will function similar to the elfbot events in terms of teaming up to take on these dungeons.

The question that has still to be answered is, how will we be able to access them and what will the requirements be?

To (hopefully) give you all a little more motivation to do this, I've decided that whoever has the closest prediction to what dungeons look like when they come out, I shall provide a prize:

-The predictor that is closest to correct, I will give 250k pokecash and 6 leftovers. 

And to be fair, if I win the prediction contest, I'll give the prize to the second closest.

Whenever(If) you want to, post your predictions in the section down below.

My prediction:

**Giratina will be the first legendary we get to "perma-keep"(since we kinda got to catch it to progress in the sinnoh story) and will be the key to getting access to the dungeons(kinda like how you needed latias/latios in alpha sapphire/omega ruby to access all those legendaries in the sky or on those islands).

How is it the key?

1. Since the griseous orb in unova is a key item as opposed to a normal hold item like the other 2 time-space orbs are, my theory is that if we use the griseous orb on giratina, it would have 2 functions:

a) Turns giratina into its origin form like in the vanilla games

b) (only in Unova) Giratina will take you to the "Dungeon Dimension". Here, you'll be able to enter one out of many dungeons, whether it be for ha mons or legendaries.

The requirements?

1. You will have to have completed all 4(could be released in conjunction with sinnoh) main-game storylines in order to access.

- Or possibly, you won't need to beat all 4, but you'll only be able to do certain dungeons depending on which of the storylines you have beaten(including post-game storylines)

-Ex: You can only access the dungeons for the Kanto/Johto legends by beating the FireRed storyline(including Sevii Islands quest)

2. If it operates like the elfbot events, you'll need 1-3 other players helping out.

**and of course, regarding Giratina, it will have gift pokemon ivs as to make it look less favorable in terms of pvp.

@Desu Hey you can earn 250k and 6 leftovers

8 hours ago, Zymogen said:

yes dungeons will be cool and fun and good i am excited XD i think there will be lots of epic puzzles ^-^

Dungeons are so cool and epic and awesome I love moderators and admins god bless them all. 

I died lmaoo RIP zymos 14 likes. God bless his soul

Dungeons will probably be set up in a way to where there are wild encounters the entire way through and every wild Pokemon has a tiny 1%-5% chance of having a hidden ability. There will be mini bosses that show up every once and a while before the final legendary in the dungeon that are stronger, catchable Pokemon that are guranteed to have a hidden ability on them. Trying to catch these pokemon will use up your time, and resources in the dungeon due to their catch rates and how much more difficult they will be to battle.

15 hours ago, suigin said:

I expect Co-op puzzle solving and maybe some monster clearing. Certain wilds may have HAs and after all is said and done you get sent to the legendary chamber where you fight said legendary.

This is probably how it's going to work, with a tiny chance of encountered wild mons having hidden abilities. I wouldn't expect dungeons to be released the same day as sinnoh though if I were you

7 hours ago, Lvkee said:

I died lmaoo RIP zymos 14 likes. God bless his soul

They live in our hearts and on his like counter if it would be ever re-implemented

Last time I complained publically about a lack of terribly needed content we got team preview few days after soooo yeah Kyu, Desu I'm ready, let's do it