Some questions from a newbie concerning aditionnal regions

Hi,

I just departed from Unova to Hoenn just to test it, and now I'm stuck in Hoenn without any objects / Pokemon. 

I read a post here that tell that we can't go back to Unova until reaching Slateport City so I presume I just need to do it from scratch in Hoenn now.

But when I'll reach this city and I go back to Unova what will happen?

Will I keep my Pokemon from Hoenn somewhere so I can use it later in Unova?

Will I retrieve my objects / Pokemon I already had in Unova or will it be reset?

Do we need to beat the elit four from each regions first to be able to keep our team in different regions?
Or does this work only with Unova?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by PauseKawa
  • PauseKawa changed the title to Some questions from a newbie concerning aditionnal regions

If you wish to go back now, u can choose a starter then talk to Mom, she will send u back to Unova.

For pokemons, you will get to keep them but you can't use them unless you have them under your obedience level (check trainer card).

Obedience level allows you to use pokemons up to a certain level and is progressively increase with badges owned in that region. All regions have different obedience level limit except 0 badges = lv 20 and post E4 = lv 100.

You can keep items you own and use them except for key items, eg bicycle, HMs, watering can