Welcome to PokeMMO! This is the PokeMMO Code of Conduct, which states how we moderate the various services provided by us (Forums, In-Game, IRC).
You are required to follow this Code of Conduct while using our Forums and playing the Game:
1. Rules related to "Chat" and communication with other users:
- You may not harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other people using our Services. This includes posting insulting, offensive, or abusive comments about people, repeatedly sending unwanted messages, reporting users maliciously, attacking a player based on race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc.;
- You may not spam, flood, or repeatedly make duplicate posts. Messages composed of gibberish and messages outside of their designated chat channels are considered spam;
- You may not impersonate any other person;
- You may not solicit, advertise, or promote any services other than PokeMMO while using PokeMMO's Services without the express written consent of PokeMMO;
- You may not upload, attempt to distribute files, or facilitate the distribution of files that contain malicious software, corrupted data, or illegal software or data;
- You may not transmit, distribute, or facilitate distribution of any other person's personal information (name, account name, telephone number, address, photographs, etc.) without their consent or without express written consent from PokeMMO's Staff;
- You may not transmit, post, link to, or facilitate distribution of any sexually explicit, drug-related, political, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, hateful, vulgar, racially or ethnically offensive imagery or content; and
- You will follow the instructions of PokeMMO's Staff while using PokeMMO's Services.
2. Rules related to Gameplay:
- You may not exploit errors in design ("bugs") or features which have not been documented to gain access which is otherwise not available or to gain an advantage over other Users, and You may not communicate any exploitable issues either directly or through public posting, to any other users of PokeMMO's Services;
- While participating in Player vs Player (PvP) gameplay, You may not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to manipulate the outcome of a match, or alter or manipulate any official rankings;
- You may not use cheats, automation software (commonly known as "scripts", "macros", or "bots"), hacks, or any third-party software which can be detrimental to other users' experience, nor will You relay or store any items for other users who are using these processes;
- You may not use the Game or any Service for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of PokeMMO, including but not limited to gathering in-game currency, items, resources, or performing services for sale outside the Game (commonly known as "Real Money Trading"), use at a cyber café, computer gaming center or any other location-based site; and
- You may not defraud other Users of in-game currency, items, resources, or services to be performed (commonly known as "Scamming").
3. Rules related to Usernames:
- When you choose a character name or a username or otherwise create a label which can be seen by other users when using our Services, you must abide by the following guidelines.
- You may not use any Username or Team Name which:
- Belongs to another person with the intent to impersonate that person, including PokeMMO's Staff or any other User of PokeMMO's Services;
- Incorporates offensive racial, ethnic, national, or cultural connotations;
- Incorporates bigotry or hate speech;
- Is sexually suggestive or pornographic;
- References any form of criminal activity or drugs;
- Makes inappropriate references to the human anatomy or bodily functions;
- Is comprised of gibberish; or
- Uses misspellings or alternative spellings of any of the above guidelines.
These guidelines may not cover all inappropriate or disallowed names. PokeMMO reserves the right to reject any name it concludes, at its sole discretion, to be indecent, obscene, offensive, or otherwise violates the naming guidelines.
- You may not attempt to or facilitate any attempts to bypass any restrictions set in place against User Accounts or Characters;
- Exploits (as defined by Section 2, Paragraph A of this document) must be communicated to PokeMMO's Staff within a reasonable timeframe either via PokeMMO's Website or the e-mail address: [email protected]
- You may not use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts or otherwise collects information from or through the Game or Services, including but not limited to:
- Any software that reads areas of computer Random Access Memory used by the game; or
- Any software which reads and attempts to manipulate network traffic between the Game Client and the Game Server.
- You may not use any virtual machine software to run the Game, including but not limited to:
- VMWare, VirtualBox, Hyper-V, KVM or any other desktop virtual machine software.
- BlueStacks, NoxPlayer, MEmu Player, Android Virtual Device (AVD) or any other Android emulator.
- You agree that You will not, under any circumstances violate any applicable law or regulation in connect with Your use of the Game or PokeMMO's Services.
You may not disrupt or assist in the disruption of
+ Any computer used to support the Services (each "server"); or
+ Any other User's experience.
5. Forum-specific policies:
- The rules in this section apply specifically to the forums at https://forums.pokemmo.com/
- You are required to use the English language when using the PokeMMO forums. Posts written in other languages are required to have an English translation appended to the post.
6. Violation Reports:
- If you find a player who is violating the Code of Conduct on these forums, please take the time to report it to us by using the Report button under their post, or the Report button in their profile.
- If you find a player in-game who you suspect is violating this code of conduct, please take the time to report it to us in the Player Reports section of support page: https://support.pokemmo.com/login/
Certain passages of the PokeMMO Code of Conduct have been simplified in this version. These simplifications include:
The term "PokeMMO's Employees" and "PokeMMO's Volunteers" are encompassed by the term "PokeMMO's Staff"
You may find the full, legally binding version of this document at http://pokemmo.com/code_of_conduct/