Looking for Berry Farming Advice

Hello!

I noticed that leppa berries seem to be one of the most popular berries to farm. The issue is the cost gets expensive for seeds. 

What do you do to get your seeds? Do you just GTL purchase them and accept the loss of the seed cost, or do you harvest seeds. If you harvest, what seeds do you use? Harvesting leppa seeds doesn't seem to be worth it. I have read a berry farming guide, this is asking for opinions. 

Also, aside from leppa berries what other berry is worth considering to farm?

Thanks!

Edited by MasterofCoin

As someone who has farmed a lot of berries over the years, it's kind of dissapointing nowadays, because it's barely profitable. The slightest mistake (not watering the berries on time, letting them wilt etc.) will instantly cut the scarce benefits you would have. At this time and day, for every 90k you spend on it you get about 25k net benefit, which is ridiculous considering how much time and effort it requires. I'd rather just rematch Morimoto and a gym or two and not worry to connect every 8 or 10 hours.

If you still wanna try, I'd do Leppa because it's the only berry that sells fast enough to keep track with the production pace in case you are using all the land plots available. Some people farm their own Rawst and Pecha berries to harvest the seeds and that increases just a bit the margin, but still consumes 16 hours of time which is time you aren't using to grow the actual berries you wanna sell... So... :')

4 hours ago, Rittz said:

As someone who has farmed a lot of berries over the years, it's kind of dissapointing nowadays, because it's barely profitable. The slightest mistake (not watering the berries on time, letting them wilt etc.) will instantly cut the scarce benefits you would have. At this time and day, for every 90k you spend on it you get about 25k net benefit, which is ridiculous considering how much time and effort it requires. I'd rather just rematch Morimoto and a gym or two and not worry to connect every 8 or 10 hours.

If you still wanna try, I'd do Leppa because it's the only berry that sells fast enough to keep track with the production pace in case you are using all the land plots available. Some people farm their own Rawst and Pecha berries to harvest the seeds and that increases just a bit the margin, but still consumes 16 hours of time which is time you aren't using to grow the actual berries you wanna sell... So... :')

I started doing the math on this and it seems extremely disappointing considering the effort involved. Debating just giving up and letting berry farmers continue to under cut eachother to the point its not even worth it at all. My gym runs net me about 400k per hour, which is more than enough money per day to be honest without the log-in restraint. 

The real trick to making profit from berry farming is finding your seeds by your self, if you can use your spare time in game to farm the normal berries like rawst, pecha and the likes for harvesting purposes you could get a ton of seeds. I would also suggest taking full use of your character limit to have as many berry plots as possible.

Noticing player demands aside from the usual demands for leppas would help you go a long way for example at the recently concluded Halloween event Lum berries sold a lot cause of the pumpking strategies.

Lastly this guide is also quite helpful: https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/62262-the-berry-farming-guide/

But, if you still feel uninterested I can understand why, berry farming does take a lot of commitment.

Edited by Aybel