Flueydog's Shiny Showcase

Posted (edited)

rhyperior-f.gif   Rhyperior 11-16-2023 (horde)

Spoiler

Found in Victory Road. I was EV training and found my first ever shiny. 151 IVs and a -speed +spDef nature!

tentacool.gif   Tentacool ♂11-17-2023 (single)

Spoiler

Found on Route 19. I was looking for Feebas tiles and randomly got this Tenta in a surprise horde.

noctowl.gif   Noctowl ♂12-24-2023 (horde)

Spoiler

Found in Acuity Lakefront. This was my first ever targeted shunt and every time it turned night in game, I would rush to the spot to try and get a Noctowl like Ash's.

vulpix.gif   Xmas Fox 12-25-2023 (horde)

Spoiler

Found in Abundant Shrine. I decided to go after Stantler and Vulpix since I liked both shinies and ended up with Vulpix thanks to the Christmas event.

horsea.gif   Horsea ♂12-29-2023 (horde)

Spoiler

Found in Whirl Islands. My first real leppa hunt didn't take very long. Under 400 leppas and maybe 3 hours to get my second shiny of the Christmas event. Sync worked and I got a timid one, but the IVs weren't good enough so I decided to keep a Horsea.

corphish.gif   Pinchy ♀02-03-2024 (single)

Spoiler

Found in Petalburg City. I wanted to try a more difficult shunt to get a unique shiny so I went with a Pokémon I had made a competitive version of when I first started PokeMMO. This took me about 250 hours and an estimated 40-45k encounter but it was worth it!

quagsire.gif   Quicksire ♂02-17-2024 (horde)

Spoiler

Found in Four Island. I didn't really have a damp Pokémon and I knew Quagsire would be a good one because of his HM access. He ended up rolling Jolly nature and got a 31 speed IV so the name Quicksire was only right.

smeargle.gif   Barky ♂03-07-2024 (horde)

Spoiler

Found in Artisan Cave. To round out my utility shinies, I decided Smeargle would make a great shiny. This was the second horde shiny in a row to roll male despite cute charm and to top it off it had really bad IVs and -atk nature. I had to put seismic toss on it instead of false swipe because of his 48 attack stat at level 100.

tropius.gif   Tropius ♂03-11-2024 (single)

Spoiler

Found on Route 120. My first phase for Absol ended up being a Tropius, which I can't complain about as it is a single encounter only shiny. I hadn't done a lot of work on 120 at the time compared to others, but I had done a lot of singles, mostly in Petalburg, without a phase, so I suppose I was due for a single at some point. Pretty good IVs and I was able to turn it into my fly, sweet scent, and flash Pokémon.

beedrill.gif   Randall 03-24-2024 (single)

Spoiler

Found in Pattern Bush. I ran from this Kakuna initially, thankful for the shiny run protection. My first phase for Heracross had a 31 in defense and special defense with a lonely +atk nature, so it made sense to evolve it to Beedrill to replace my non-shiny Starmie as my swarm pokemon. It has false swipe, u-turn, endeavor, and tailwind.

Edited by flueydog