The 2012 Cinnabar Island Feebas and other old event Pokemon

Hey everyone, I've come back to PokeMMO. I used to play around 2012, and I remember when there used to be events for Kanto (the only region at the time) with Hoenn Pokemon. I forget exactly how it went, but I grabbed Houndour and Poochyena. The funniest part is that for one event, east of Cinnabar there was a limited event for Feebas. But the beauty mechanic wasn't added in yet so you were just stuck with Feebas itself. I'm not looking to trade them (maybe eventually), I'm just curious if there was a general interest for these old Pokemon. Also I was wondering if people had information for these old events, where the pokemon showed up etc. One last thing, I'm not privy to the economy or anything new in the last decade. The last things I remembered were people were always hunting for the Lucky Egg and that people tried to fight the Mewtwo owner to have Mewtwo for the rest of the day (and that a moderator had Mew). Screenshot_1010.thumb.png.65f9d7479e9858439477aa3ed3b36446.png

First of all, welcome back!

To answer one of your questions, most people would not care about those old Pokémons but there are collectors who do have an interest for special and/or old Pokémons.

As of right now, any and all 2012 Pokémons are worth at least 100k on the market. Starters have a much higher value, same with special Pokémons such as those you could obtain through trades with NPCs. I am sure that Pokémons obtained through an event would have a higher value to the right buyer too.

Another really big one are 254 EV and 255 EV pokemon. These are a rare unobtainable oddity in the game due to the EVs being changed to max out at 252 and this not being retroactively applied to them (whether it be an oversight or a glitch), and can get kinda up there in price as a result.

Using my Dragonite as the example image of how it would look ingame

dnite.png

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nyhew said:

First of all, welcome back!

To answer one of your questions, most people would not care about those old Pokémons but there are collectors who do have an interest for special and/or old Pokémons.

As of right now, any and all 2012 Pokémons are worth at least 100k on the market. Starters have a much higher value, same with special Pokémons such as those you could obtain through trades with NPCs. I am sure that Pokémons obtained through an event would have a higher value to the right buyer too.

Thank you for the reply! I did grab MIMIEN and I still have my starter. It's kind of odd that the starters would have a high value since everyone gets one. From what I've heard some gift Pokemon are locked to 15 IVs, I also grabbed Lapras, Snorlax, Aerodactyl, and Omanyte and they have random IVs.

Unfortunately, I didn't get anywhere close to Max EVs, let alone in one stat. 

Screenshot_1013.png

Screenshot_1014.png

Edited by SeanGreen
Posted (edited)

There are only two Pokémons of the Charmander - Charmeleon - Charizard line on the market right now and they are worth close to 3M. 

As time passes, such Pokémons will keep gaining value and thus I do not recommend selling them at the moment.

Edited by Nyhew