New to PokeMMO - Looking to learn more

Hello, I go by the gammer tag Mikelw891 (Mikelw in PokeMMO) . I am a high school math teacher, 24 years old and reside in Milwaukee. I loved pokemon growing up. I was ecstatic to find out about PokeMMO earlier today. I just had a few questions on getting started:

How could I challenge the other people I see through the game?

How can I engage in trades with other people?

How does one get on a team? And what are the benefits of being on one?

Hey mike, welcome to PokeMMO. I haven't been here long but I can answer a few of your questions.

When you see a character you want to challenge in the overworld just right-click their avatar and click on their name. This should open a small menu where you can challenge them to a "duel", trade with them, whisper them, add them as a friend or just plain block them. You can trade up to 5 pokemon at a time, but you cant trade your starter pokemon until they're level 50.

Now to answer your other question; you can create your own team for a $15000 pokedollar fee, or join an existing team by browsing them in the "The Round Table" forum. You can sociallize with other players, be part of team-specific tourneys, and more importantly, learn more about the world of Pokemon.

Hope you have fun, any other questions feel free to pm me, or look me up; Im always in channel 3, IGN jankynabari. 

Hey Mike! :) Welcome to the world of PokeMMO, and the hellish amazing plains Forums!

Oooh, a teacher! You could teach me a thing or two, my maths skills are slightly rubbish. c:

As Janky has already replied to many of your questions well enough, I can happily suggest a Team - Element Prestige! They accept anyone, new and old (honestly, I had 1 Badge and they accepted me). Here's a link to the Team Thread - https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/24491-element-prestige/ The benefits of a Team is an amazing community, be a part of amazing tournaments, and most importantly learn more about Pokemon and make friends!

Send me a private message if you have any other questions, I will happily answer them to the best of my abilities. Good luck!