Luxury ball and soothe bell

Pix

Hey everyone! ^^

I'm new here and I need to know...does luxury ball and soothe bell stack here?

I know luxury ball adds 1 in every happiness gained and soothe bell multiplies it for 1.5, but I saw some other forums about Pokemon games and learned that in some versions, soothe bell multiplies the happines gained (base), others, in the total happiness gained and others that they simply don't work together, that if you have luxury ball then soothe bell will do nothing. So, for illustrating effects, these are the options:

1. Multiplying the base happiness:

Happiness gained: +10
Luxury ball: +1
Soothe bell: +(10*1.5) = +15

Total happines gained: +16

2. Multiplying the total

Soothe bell: +(11*1.5) = +16.5

Total happiness gained: +16.5

Or 3. Only Luxury ball works

Soothe bell: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Total happiness gained: +11

I know this difference isn't that much to worry about, but I'm writing a post about happiness in my team's blog and I want to give them the right info...So, can anyone tell me for sure wich one is it? I asked some people in game but no one knows it xD I tried to test but I can't be sure seeing only the percentages.

Thank you! ^^

Edited by Pix

I think it works with the base happyness. I don't know it by 100%, but I'm very sure! Why? Because everything I saw works with the basic value. Also the stats. Stats + EV + IV. You can see it ingame. Maybe you can ask a gamemaster or other staff member, but I'm very sure it works like that. :)

Edited by XIxR3DEEM3RxIX
21 hours ago, XIxR3DEEM3RxIX said:

I think it works with the base happyness. I don't know it by 100%, but I'm very sure! Why? Because everything I saw works with the basic value. Also the stats. Stats + EV + IV. You can see it ingame. Maybe you can ask a gamemaster or other staff member, but I'm very sure it works like that. :)

Oh, I get it! I don't see the point of this being different of the rest of the maths too! xD Thank you very much!! ^^ You helped a lot.