The Christmas Event Can Be Played as a 2v2 Team Doubles Game

Aard

In my run to 57, one team got twice as many Santa presents as the other.  Why is this?  Type combos that get walled in by ground types are going to have a worse time collecting presents than type combos that beat everything under the right conditions and have good recovery mechanisms.  Robot parts are based on how many robots you kill, so kill more than the other team.

CmAza5b.png

Amazing-Run.jpg

A fun way to play this game is to have 2 teams of 2 in a double battle where AI decisions eventually influences who gets more Santa Presents.  I didn't really know at the time I just wanted to test something against the psychic/electric standard.  I'm considering giving some presents behind because I just didn't know what this game was until now.  What they should've done was rush to kill poison and grass types to prevent guts for fighting.  Then we would've died but sometimes we wouldn't and we would keep fighting.  Then sometimes we would've boxed you into ground and youd die and it would be a battle.  A doubles VGC type battle with a weird elf battle select.  

That's why 5.  When split evenly between each team its almost 2 lives to 3.

I wonder if people can list their type and be battled an AI in one of those castle raid type games.

It would be nice to see if anyone is interested in organizing a tournament on this course next 3-4 days before this is over.  As a hint:  Stall would be the way to play this if the objective is to kill the other team of 2 that did teams like my offensive team.

Also, importantly, 57 is not a healthy score. Don't play this for 7 hours straight hours.  Team games where you mess with the other team instead of trying to help them are likely to go two hours max.  The team that killed more robots will get more money.  You will be happy.  The goal is to kill weak robots and leave strong ones for your opponent.

Its like 2v2 capture the flag with the big parts being flags.

Anyway, I'm considering rewarding the equal amount of presents to everyone TohnR and Suigin, Sinz can  keep his since he didn't know the split score was possible.  We both tried to help each other too, this was just from me not getting to ground types as fast because of wave size among just having better matchups against more things. Its more fair and enjoyable when both sides try to kill the enemy team before they get your flag and score.  We both tried to help each other too, this was just from me not getting to ground types as fast because of wave size. 

There are objectives sometimes like grass and poison and ground.  Grass is what fighting needs to get guts, electric and psy better go kill all the poison bots before fighting finds one.  Same with grass.  Ground is the opposite.  Electric psy is walled by ground.  So if the wave is reset when fighting ghost are in the puzzle trying to get presents then electric/psy rushes over to a heal, they can take status away from fighting and get it killed in the tunnel lowering lives.  Also, there's stuff like ghost/fighting being able to ko non-priority types with selfdestruct without using any pp.  There are definitely interesting tactics.

This event was really cool and and really the devs did something special on this one.  If implemented to more stuff this would save grinding the game from being boring.  It would make the game completely competitive.

That if everyone is okay with playing the game this way.  I don't see anything wrong with it.  Shorter games, new objective, more fun.

Also let people know if you want to faint each other in the game.  Co-op will still be a favored strategy by a lot of people but this will be fun for a few.

Edited by Aard