New to the game,halp:3

Hello everyone!.

Im new to pokemmo,im a fan of the series and,like most of you.always wanted a pokemon game with pvp.Im here for the competitive aspect of the game but i dont know much of the metagame and i have other doubts too.

I would apreciate answers for some questions.

1)All starters are good for dueling?I like charizard because HE IS A FUCKING GIANT FIRE BREATHING LIZARD, but ive heard he isnt good,and that x4 weakness against rock doesnt look well.Dont mind starting with other one,all first gen starters looks awesome.

2)I dont think i understand that EV thing,if i want my alakazam to hit like a magic truck all i have to do is beat 250 oddishs?

3)Is a good idea to boost a pokemon weakness?i mean,like trying to boost chansey's def or onix spdef.

4)Scyzo is better than scyther or just differtent?Scyther's aerial ace+stab+technician works really well in the story.

Thats all,see you in kanto!

Pd: Sry if this isnt the right place to post this.

Welcome!

1) Not the best, but who cares? B)

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." - Karen

2) You might have to subject yourself to some boring reading for this one: http://www.serebii.n...dex-rs/ev.shtml

3) Sometimes. It depends on what you need it to do.

4) Scyther is considered better in this generation (by Smogon at very least). It is only in Gen 4 that scizor gets Technician and Bullet Punch.

Be sure to check out Competition Alley (competitive discussion) and the Guide Tavern (player-made resources about the game).

See you in-game!