Pokemon Moves - Advice

Hello there!

I've just started on Pokemmo. I'm a returning player from the original game boy days (Red and blue). I'm playing through the original campaign, Kanto - The nostalgia is real!

Loving pokemmo so far - Really great work.

I'm looking for a bit of advice on pokemon moves. From what I can tell, pokemmo is a hybrid of all of the GBA titles but I wondered is it using moves and statistics from a particular version of the game? I'm wanting to look at move stats so I can assign the best moves to my pokemon. Are there any guides or wiki pages out there that contain all of the moves, recommendations for each pokemon etc?

Also any other tips for a new player would be great. 

Thanks.

Edited by caatalyst

Hi - and welcome to the community!

As I understand it, PokeMMO follows Gen7 pool but with Gen5 learnset but with a twist and mixed (if I am wrong, someone please correct me). For instance, Knock Off has lower Power in MMO compared to the original games. 

If you need inspiration or ideas for your Pokémon, take a look in the Global Trade Link and look up the particular competitive Pokémon. That way you can see what others run regarding moves, EV spread and nature. What I also do is using Smogon to get inspiration - example: https://www.smogon.com/dex/bw/pokemon/dragonite/

If you got any questions, /whisper me in game (Sethsen).

Good day. :-)

Thanks Sethsen!

I'll take a look at the link you've provided.

How do IVs work in pokemmo? Is there a way to improve them or are those stats fixed and you need to keep capturing more pokemon until you find the ones you are looking for?

7 minutes ago, caatalyst said:

Thanks Sethsen!

How do IVs work in pokemmo? Is there a way to improve them or are those stats fixed and you need to keep capturing more pokemon until you find the ones you are looking for?

No problem at all. :-)

IVs are random upon encounter of a Pokémon - and you need luck to find a good Pokémon (IV wise). Else, you breed for perfect IVs (or close to perfect) to get a competitive Pokémon. Take a look at this guide:

Especially 2nd comment has a great illustration about the breeding process. People either buy the breeders from Global Trade Link or go catch own breeders to save money. :-)

4 hours ago, caatalyst said:

Thanks Sethsen!

Sethsen's provided answer is very good. To add on this, some game mechanics give chance to obtain higher than normal chance to get perfect IV in one stat. For example:

Wild encounters which occur via Phenomena have a very high (>50%) chance to have at least 1 31 IV.

Source: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/76118-changelog-27022018/

I was also told swarms have better than average IVs but I couldn't find any confirmation for this. There is a recently made swarm guide by @Guizmobese about swarms which is really nice, so check that out if you're curious. Good luck out there