New to Pokemmo AND POKEMON!?!?!

wudup

Hey guys, I guess ill make my debut here!
I'm a pretty lax gamer who enjoys [b]RPG [/b]and [b]Horror [/b]genres(Odd combo huh?) type games but I never found myself attached to pokemon like many others were, after finding this though I found that I was able to see myself enjoying the game, but I am entirely new to the game, so I'm learning the basics while getting frustrated trying to figure out what to do, or how to efficiently beat an enemy(Metapod used harden) that frustration is what makes me want to push on though, I have never beat a pokemon game before so forgive me if I ask questions one would think everyone should know the answer for (For instance I never knew [b]pokemon [/b]could [b]evolve[/b])

So here's some basic facts about me

Languages:[s] 'Merican[/s] English, Some Japanese
Current Character: [b]iHateColors [/b](I noticed when my brother played he always named his character after a color)
Misc fact of the day: I went to 4 different high schools, a new high school each year :D
[b]NOTICE[/b]:[sub]([/sub][font=courier new,courier,monospace][sub][i]Sometimes I swear, is that ok here?[/i])[/sub][/font]

:Side note: I wanted to make a suggestion(not about the game but about the forum) But I can't seem to post in that section, is there a time limit?

TL;DR: I'm a big noob to pokemon, hoping for a helpful community and some new friends, cheers

Welcome!!

Wow.. breaking your pokemon cherry huh?! No better way (if you ask me) than doing it with PokeMMO!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask anytime, (and ignore anybody who gives you any guff... they are just trying to get a rise out of you)... most likely no matter the question you can ask around and someone will be happy to help!

Also, because pokemon is so old (easily over a decade now), most common questions can be found by searching this forum or by searching google.

To make suggestions, they currently have a rule, that you need to make 10 posts first... this allows for newcomers to see how the forums work, and hopefully allows them to have a chance to use the wonderful search functionality on this site (you never know, your idea might have already been viewed and approved by the community!).

So, again, Welcome to the PokeMMO community!

Thanks for the neat and formal response, I will freely ask questions then( If I can't find the answer by searching) and then make my suggestion after 10 posts ( which I know wasn't already suggested, it would of been rather evident at first glance if it had been : P )
So far the game is fun, though before I even finished getting your first pokemonI had already started reading into customizing the GUI and implementing custom features, how is the modding community for this game?

From what I have looked at, each new patch they 'revamp' the GUI scripting... so you might be able to make something neat for the short term, but until they get things more 'solid' I am holding off on doing anything too complex (so my beautiful art does not go to waste each new patch :D).

Sometimes you can find some really neat UI mods in the [url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/forum/33-client-customization/"]Customization[/url] section... but like I said, a good half or less might still be working :P It is rather hit-and-miss... which is a shame become some are super impressive!

If modding is your thing, you can simply replace textures for common UI components in the [i][b]data\gui\res[/b][/i] folder of your install; They have a pretty neat xml thing going to point at additional textures or to resize them- but it can get pretty complex pretty quickly :D - and if you do, always remember to make a backup

Very Well, Ill stick with my traditional arts while waiting for it to stabalize, Ill see if I can't dig up the ol dusty tablet n photoshop and do some work for the community while i wait, I want to become a part of the community as quickly as I can :D

Generally I would draw original characters, just people with no real background or story, but I'm honestly open to anything, I do a lot of study works to where I try to emulate another artists style to see what I can learn. Speaking of learning, Did I not change my avatar correctly or does it take a while to process?

Use [url="http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/"]http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/[/url] for any meta Questions (Original FireRed/LeafGreen Gen3 Rules)
But for added Content that you might not find in Bulbapedia, search forum first, most of the Questions have already been asked.

There is allot of new players asking allot of stupid questions, Don't be one of them, use Google.

Edit: Oh forgot, press H in-game if you haven't already.