Mushroom paras

Hello @Sadonaros,

In order to succesfully Thief an item from a Pokémon, you have to avoid fainting it. If you do so, it will not work as you are currently experiencing.

Try with a lower-leveled Pokémon to use Thief without fainting the Paras. I hope it works for you - good luck!  

@Sethsen thank you for your reply, is there also an ability or skill that increases the chance of the pokemon having the item? also is there a link that i can check the chances of the pokemon actually having it? i dont seem to get any info from the npc to relearn skills on how many mushrooms he actually needs.

23 minutes ago, Sadonaros said:

@Sethsen thank you for your reply, is there also an ability or skill that increases the chance of the pokemon having the item? also is there a link that i can check the chances of the pokemon actually having it? i dont seem to get any info from the npc to relearn skills on how many mushrooms he actually needs.

There is not, no. However, you can use a Pokémon with Frisk ability to see if a Pokémon holds an item. Really good options are the Shuppet or Gothita family as they also can learn Thief. 

Regarding held item rate, there is no official numbers about this, sorry. Good luck on your hunt!

On 11/7/2020 at 4:33 AM, Sadonaros said:

i dont seem to get any info from the npc to relearn skills on how many mushrooms he actually needs.

u need to bring the pokemon to NPC, then find and select your desired move and it will says XXX BigMushrooms

Tiny Mushroom amounts is always double the Big ones.

btw if you are hunting low level Paras in Mt Moon, I think it may be better to catch them :)