[GUI] Dark Theme (Updated 25/02/2024)

3 minutes ago, budadeth said:

Hey sure, at first sight I dont see nothing complex on this theme

If you do a copy of the "default" theme

AND then copy the "res" folder from this "dark theme" into that new default copy it should be working fine

I lost the theme file, and apparently the link is broken. Do you still have it?

• EduardoRGCM changed the title to [GUI] Dark Theme (Updated)
On 11/15/2023 at 12:05 AM, itsdt said:

battle ui background isn’t transparent for me like it is in the screenshots you provided. is that something you changed or am I doing something wrong? 

Go to settings and disable the option to show battle background and enable the option to show overworld in battle.

5 hours ago, EduardoRGCM said:

Go to settings and disable the option to show battle background and enable the option to show overworld in battle.

that worked! thanks!

few bugs I have noticed in theme:

- when pokemon are learning new moves, there is an inverted exclamation points in the sentences. Example: "¡Charmander did not learn Burn!" I am guessing this has something to do with spanish translation

- when using a controller and pressing start then party to select one of the pokemon in the party, there is no highlight or outline to show what pokemon I am hovering over, makes it really confusing to select a pokemon

amazing theme besides that! thanks!

5 hours ago, itsdt said:

that worked! thanks!

few bugs I have noticed in theme:

- when pokemon are learning new moves, there is an inverted exclamation points in the sentences. Example: "¡Charmander did not learn Burn!" I am guessing this has something to do with spanish translation

- when using a controller and pressing start then party to select one of the pokemon in the party, there is no highlight or outline to show what pokemon I am hovering over, makes it really confusing to select a pokemon

amazing theme besides that! thanks!

Thanks buddy!  I'll try to look for these bugs, the first one I think might be related to the game itself, but I'll check.

• EduardoRGCM changed the title to [GUI] Dark Theme (Updated 19/02/2024)
22 minutes ago, EduardoRGCM said:

Hey @budadethcould you help me with something?
I tried to solve the problem with the clothing color selection screen, but in my theme it is not working.

In the default theme it looks like this:

image.png.6c5eb6a88a641081f8e88e9dbf01cbb6.png

But in my theme, it looks like this:

image.png.5f3866d10094492391cfaa73446231ce.png

Maybe thats the customization.xml 

Im pretty sure it is

You did any custom code More than the background login screen? 

If not I suggest copy the default theme .xml and apply again the code for login background I can send it to you if needed, this theme its going to be featured on a compilation video Im doing rn, so its no problem for me to help if need a file 

4 hours ago, EduardoRGCM said:

It would be very helpful if you could send me the file with the background login codes. I'm using a work computer and I don't have the necessary material here. I generally make edits using Notepad++.

add this before the last line of the gfx.xml

<images file="res/background.png">
        <area name="login-background" xywh="*"/>
    </images>

and this one before the last line of main-widgets.xml

<theme name="logingui">
        <param name="background"><image>login-background</image></param>
    </theme>

in any case here are the files already edited, remember to put the background you want as png image with the name "background" inside the res folder of the theme

https://www.mediafire.com/file/t6t3pyo10f5vk9i/background.zip/file

10 hours ago, budadeth said:

add this before the last line of the gfx.xml

<images file="res/background.png">
        <area name="login-background" xywh="*"/>
    </images>

and this one before the last line of main-widgets.xml

<theme name="logingui">
        <param name="background"><image>login-background</image></param>
    </theme>

in any case here are the files already edited, remember to put the background you want as png image with the name "background" inside the res folder of the theme

https://www.mediafire.com/file/t6t3pyo10f5vk9i/background.zip/file

Yeah, even making the necessary edits, it still looks the same. I tried editing and even putting the files in place of the ones that were already there, it still looks the same.

50 minutes ago, EduardoRGCM said:

Yeah, even making the necessary edits, it still looks the same. I tried editing and even putting the files in place of the ones that were already there, it still looks the same.

this wont fix the customization thing, what I suggested its to copy all the "default" updated theme xml files, all, because there are updates not just in the customization.xml file, aswell in battle.xml and pc.xml, copy everything into your theme, that will make it up to date, then add the files or codes I send you before to add background on login screen it should be working

1 hour ago, budadeth said:

isso não vai resolver a questão da customização, o que eu sugeri é copiar todos os arquivos xml do tema atualizado "padrão", tudo, porque há atualizações não só no arquivo customização.xml, mas também no battle.xml e pc.xml, copie tudo no seu tema, isso o deixará atualizado, em seguida, adicione os arquivos ou códigos que lhe enviei antes para adicionar o plano de fundo na tela de login, deve estar funcionando

Yes. I did that, It didn't solve it. I think maybe it could be a problem with the main-hud, I don't know.

• EduardoRGCM changed the title to [GUI] Dark Theme (Updated 25/02/2024)
  • 1 month later...