Is it just me who finds the Matchmaking Rewards system in battles, Rotten?

I'm disgusted here because the reward system in Matchmaking is completely meaningless.
For those who are new to and don't know, when you play PvP, you get rewards per game. When you win, 500BP(150BP on Randoms) and a certain amount of Matchmaking Points. The amount increases with a series of criteria.

The biggest problem is that this system is broken and appears to favor the 650 Elo or higher (At least in the matches I played, that's how it is). What is my complaint: I play directly against some opponents, and I spend 30 turns, about 10 minutes of gameplay, win, and there are times when I don't win any Battle Point. Nothing. 
So what is my complaint? I arrive to face a 650 or High elo, who is almost always using Toxic Stall. Then I give up on the 5th turn because I don't have the patience to face it. And if you give up on Turn 5, in theory my opponent(and i) shouldn't win rewards (I know he does because when the match gives rewards, the loser gets consolation prize (except randoms) of 150 BP), but they still get rewards. Has anyone else besides me been through this?

Edited by caioxlive13