Can Phenomenons Be Replaced Or Changed?

For the past half year or so, I have been working on getting a full Caught Pokedex. For the most part, it's been going fairly good, save for Honey tree which took me about a week or so to get everything from there, and of course the legendaries which I only have 2 of the 4. I finished every region except for Unova, which I thought was gonna be the easiest. Turns out, several Pokémon are locked behind "Special" odds. Pokémon like Drilbur and Audino. So I skipped those and kept going down the dex. Ducklett, Emolga, Alomomola, and the two previously mentioned are locked behind Phenomenon's. From what global chat told me, the only way to know where one is, if there IS one, is to set it so I get pinged by chat if anyone mention it. Is there really no other way of knowing where they spawn? And if not, can there please be a workaround? It sucks having these Pokemon be locked behind random and hard to find events. 

Hi! the best way to locate phenos is to look in the pokedex where it says "Special" and the route next to it. Phenos have chances of spawning different mons depending on where they spawn in Unova so check the desired routes every so often. Alternatively, you can look at a guide like the one linked for all pheno locations or as you said players very often post in chat when a pheno spawns. I wish you goodluck in finding the mons you are looking for!