Old vanities out of reach

On 7/10/2022 at 5:18 PM, CanadaSorry said:

If i may......maybe i can provide a bit of insight, from a "non-OG" player. If youre not a fan of reading...allow me to sum it up;

"TLDR-Rare vanities are a big grind, but come with a very big reward"

My intention here, is to hopefully sway your opinion and encourage you to begin one of these "coveted vanity" hunts yourself. Months later, i still log on, see my guy and go "yes. Yes...well done little pokemon avatar. We did it". It is a hunt that i place above any shiny. And sure some OGs might chuckle and say "hehehe OT shinies>all else" but as a player who never had the opportunity to obtain a desu coat...a flame mask...a kyu hat...ghost costume...jack mask. Anybody can go shiny hunt a cyndaquil. New ones are created all the time. New electric storms dont just show up every day. Hunting one. And finally getting it. Is worth every bit of work along the way

I started this game 4 years ago. When i first saw a ghost costume, i went. Wow. Okay. Idk why. But i want that. Im gonna get me that. How much is it??? 

Okay nvm. I guess thats unobtainium

Fast forward a few months....and i had enough. I wanted one so bad. I just decided thats it. Everything i do, from this point forward, is an advancement to make a slightly better offer for a ghost costume than yesterday. And each day (week)1 gym run at a time, the offer got better.

Of course for months and months. My noob offers were nothing close to what one would expect to recieve for a half a billion (at the time) vanity. As my weak offers were rejected. The value only got higher and higher. It seemed to be in the realm of the impossible. But still. I collected 2 or 3 of this. 2 or 3 of that. Particle dittos, event boxes, RP purchased in the low times. Anything and everything of value. Went into the "pile" for a ghost costume. And finally, around 3 months ago, i finally found someone willing to trade this one single vanity for my pile of valuables. 

From player that has grown from "thats impossible"  to "wow. I finally. Finally. Did it"....i must agree that releasing them over again, even if its a 10 year gap, would not only be extremely disrespectful to older, loyal players. It would also be very annoying to the players who have made the grind themselves, and in that resepect, unfair to the new players that would miss out on the value of reaching your impossible goals. 

If youre still here reading....hopefully i have at least opened up a new window of perspective as to why these vanities wont (and shouldnt) be released again. And i double down on the fact that, the sooner you begin your "coveted hunt", the less you will have to pay. Year after year these things get rarer sure, but that also makes the climb harder and the taste of victory that much sweeter. 

Savour your cake. 

Sorry for the rant ♡ love you all

I understand what your saying... But holy molly, a 4year grind for 1 vanity. Arceus damn. Nah. Screw that lol

Well the prices were really reasonable before 2020 halloween and then it was manipulated by  the rich playerbase. RP prices, Vanity prices everything started to increase after that just cause a specific group made too much pokeyen. 

On 7/11/2022 at 10:26 AM, Raichuforyou said:

Something just irks me that actual effort of berry farming, gym runs, etc are not as effective as just sitting on an old vanity and waiting for the price to increase.

That's the thing, the ingame grind has been nerfed to a certain level where even super grinding won't get you the old vanities even after literal years. 

They will keep nerfing it, so the best way to get the old vanities is sell your house, kidney and buy them.

Edited by ProfessorBlue

When you caretoo much about the market, you are automatically too old to play the game.

One way to keep vanities for future generations is to make them obtainable if a owner deletes the item or account, in a way similar to how current legendaries work, maybe.

Im certain that old vanities will vanish in the near future.. And to mention, old vanities are so cool even better créations than New vanities (okay psychic helmet is Nice, giant turtle too, dragon mask as well)